E.L.F. Mineral Eyeshadow in Socialite

E.L.F. Mineral Eyeshadow in Socialite
MAC vs E.L.F. EyeshadowsE.L.F. Mineral Eyeshadow in SocialiteE.L.F. Mineral Shadow in SocialiteMineral Eyeshadow in SocialiteMineral Eyeshadow in Socialite

4.5

Price: $

Price: $

Mica, Bismuth Oxychloride, Titanium Dioxide, Zinc Oxide, Boron Nitride, Silica, Tocopheryl Acetate(Ve) , Retinyl Palmitate(Va), Panthenol(Vb), Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate(Vc). May Contain: Iron Oxides(CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Ultramarine Blue(CI 77007)

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Beautiful! I love this eye shadow. It blends beautifully and is a great crease color for a smokey look. Socialite has great pay-off and I got very minimal fall-out. Overall, an amazing color. I'm a very big fan of all the mineral products by ELF.

I hate this packaging. This is my least favorite shadow packaging because you either get way too much or too little, but other than that this shadow is amazing. I didn't expect such staying power and pigmentation from E.L.F. because of how low the prices are. Socialite is a nice shimmery charcoal color. The shimmer can be overwhelming so I would not suggest this shadow for work, but it really makes lighter eyes pop. It last me about 6 hours with a primer, but the only downside is the fall out. This shadow has a pretty intense fall out, so I just put my shadow on first before anything else and do cleanup as soon as I am done and it solves the problem.

To Read all 24 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I've had this e/s for a while and worn it a few times; not because I don't like it (I love it) but because I have lots of new ones I'm still trying out.

Socialite is a brilliant colour. I use it on lazy days because if you pack it a little more on the lid and smoke it out on the crease it looks like two different colours and is truly beautiful. It is a warm browny grey. I sometimes use a gunmetal liquid liner with it and line my tightline with blackground to make the whole look a little darker.

I find the texture and consistency easy to work with and even though at the age of 40 I'm noticing that I can't wear highly shimmery colours on the crease, this one is no problem at all.

The packaging is not great but so far I haven't had any problems; but I haven't tried taking it with me so I can't say whether it would open up in a makeup bag as someone else said.

All in all it's a brilliant e/s that I will start using on a regular basis.

I can't stop looking at my eyes! I love this eyeshadow, it's so pigmented and shimmery. And it's only $3!! I think this product is better than my bare minerals eyeshadow and it's $10 cheaper.

I also bought smoldering and royal and loved them too. Smoldering is a beautiful blue color and royal is a dark purple.

I will definitely be buying more of the mineral eyeshadows!

on 5/3/2011 9:42:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Warm

Please note: These are my intial thoughts and I will update the review once I've gotten to test out the product!

~ SUPER pigmented and shimmery
~ Too dark for my neutral loving self, but maybe as a liner?
~ Packaging reminds me of Bare Minerals!

I shall update soon! :)

on 4/11/2011 10:27:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I have worn Bare Escentuals mineral makeup (shadows, blushes, foundations, etc.) for several years, so I am familiar with mineral makeup. I've bought some Elf stuff and when I saw the mineral sets at Target, I couldn't resist. I picked up 4 of the eyeshadow multi-packs, which ended up costing $2 per shadow. First off, the ingredients (100% minerals) and packaging are identical to Bare Escentuals. The packaging is fine with me, because I'm used to how BE shadows are packaged. You get a large amount of product for the price. The Elf shadows are very pigmented and appear to be a very nice quality. Definitely comparable to Bare Escentuals. I'm wearing a couple of them today with the Elf mineral primer (a MUST have for wearing mineral shadows). Socialite is a must-have color from the Elf line. It goes with everything and I think anyone could wear it. It is a beautiful rich dark taupey-grey-brown, with a fair amount of shimmer. Very wearable, either for day or night. I love this shadow and I will definitely repurchase!

Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This is my everyday eyeshadow. I am so glad ELF came out with a mineral eyeshadow line with a great price or I would have never known about mineral eyeshadows. My eyes are very sensitive and I cannot wear most makeup brand eyeshadows. I think I am allergic to the dye or a chemical that is found in those. When I put those on, it will make my eyes itchy, watery, and burn.

With these eyeshadows, I don't feel that and I love that I can wear eyeshadows again! Now I will branch out and see other brands with mineral eyeshadows. But the price is right with ELF so if you have sensitive eyes like me, give it a try before trying higher end brands.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Color comes out to a dark grey with a purple undertone. I only use this to top off my smoky eyes for a nice shimmer.

Packaging sucks.No matter how tight you screw the top, powder still comes out and just makes a mess in my makeup bag. I put this eyeshadow in a small ziploc bag just Incase.

Wow, I got this along with 9 other Mineral eyeshadows as a promotion from ELF with a $15 purchase. I generally am not a big fan of loose eyeshadows and wasn't sure I'd like these, but this one has changed my mind! It is a amazing color with a lot of depth. I guess I would call it a duochrome as it appears mostly platnimum grey to me but flashes a little taupey/brown in some lights. My favorite application to date is to use this as a liner over a wash of another ELF eyeshadow called Socialite. I use a little eyeliner transformer and then dip it in the eyeshadow. You can apply it dry as liner or use it for a smokey eye so it is very versatile. I think I may make this part of my everyday eye routine. It is so flattering!

on 12/28/2010 3:12:00 PM

I love this shadow! Sparkley grey with a dash of taupe. Will def buy again! Only downside is my top does not screw on tightly so I cant take it in my makeup bag. other then that love it!