4.1

price range

Reviews

3.0

a year ago

This scent does not smell like mocha or vanilla at all. It has a nauseatingly artificial scent. You can actually smell this from outside the tube. The product itself is nice. Keeps my lips moisturized and soft. I love the fact that it comes in squeeze tube version too so I don't have to dip my fingers into the tin each time. I do agree that this is pretty pricey for what it is. It’s basically fragranced Vaseline. I bought a couple different scents but I wouldn’t repurchase once I use them up. IMO... you're better off just buying Blistex!!! It's far cheaper and does the job as well....or straight up Vaseline works the same too. I ended up returning this. I couldn't get used to the smell and it gave me a headache everytime I caught a whiff of the scent.

About reviewer (913 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBlack, Straight, Fine

3 years ago

Hhhmmmmmm... I had gotten the original and after saying I'd never get it again because it was just 'ok', I found myself using it often and being drawn to the idea of this one. I didn't have any stores locally that I could get it from so I caved and ordered it online. I was so excited for a yummy chocolatey smell and taste as I love cocoa butter stuff and real chocolate too. But man, was I disappointed in this...... It doesn't smell like decadent chocolate to me at all, it smells like protein powder chocolate. Such a huge bummer. It's hard to describe, but **not** delicious. Very fake and almost nauseating. :( Since I liked the original well enough after some time, using it multiple times a day (I keep it on my bathroom counter and use it after cleansing) I guess I'll do the same for this. If I can tolerate it. This a bit stiffer in the tin, but melts quickly on the lips. The moisturizing power is the same as original, which was not stellar but it feels really good on so I over look that. I have others in my purse with sunscreen in them for the daytime or I just wear lipstick. The containers are cute and could be reused for jewelry or something for travel but overall really expected more from this one. :( Update: Ugh GOSH these things always grow on me! I upped the review. Might try mandarin next.

About reviewer (703 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinSensitive, Fair, Warm

HairOther, Wavy, Coarse

3 years ago

The mocha rose lip balm is a divine vanilla blend of essential oils with mocha, vanilla and chocolate. This has become my go-to winter lippie because it smells so delicious! The mocha rose lip balm is more pigmented than the rest of the range, leaving the lips with a slight cherry tone. For reviews on other scents and flavours see: https://crazybeautelife.wordpress.com/2016/09/03/smiths-rosebud-salve-balm-tube/

About reviewer (23 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Fair, Not Sure

HairBrown, Other, Other

4 years ago

Smells good and keeps my lips moist.

About reviewer (21 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Other, Other

EyesBlue

2.0

4 years ago

While I love the smell and feel of this lip balm, I didn't find it particularly moisturizing or medicating as Carmex or even my Dr. Pepper lip smacker. The chocolate smell is lovely, but to me, I don't notice it after about a half hour upon application. If you want a bit of shine to layer over lip liner and/or lipstick, and something that smells really good, I think it's a fine product. I wouldn't use it to relieve dry/chapped lips, however.

About reviewer (91 reviews)

SkinCombination, Other, Not Sure

HairBlack, Other, Other

EyesBlack

5 years ago

I have this in the tube form. I love the scent of this lip balm- it really smells like chocolate! The price is very good for the product. It is very moisturizing and is great for the wintertime.

About reviewer (1756 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Not Sure

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

EyesGreen

3.0

7 years ago

I wanted to love this as much as I love the other Rosebud products but alas, the texture isn't right for me. The smell is gorgeous and I could sit and smell it all day but I found that the texture was thicker than the others and when I put it on I felt like I had a glob of sticky vaseline on my lips. I've tried it several times but prefer the thinner texture of the Minted Rose or Brambleberry. I suppose it would be good at night before going to bed.

About reviewer (8 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinDry, Medium, Warm

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

EyesBlue

from

7 years ago

WOW! The second I opened the tin, the smell of this incredible lip balm blew me away!! It smells like a delicious mochachino. As for the quality of the product, I'm very impressed. The moister is not making the lips sticky, it's sleek, tasty, and lasts for quite a bit! I just fell in love with this. The only downside, well, not that bad but still, is the packaging. I find it a bit annoying to open the tin, but the overall look of the packaging is adorable and bright. I'd recommend you try this :)

About reviewer (14 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Neutral

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

from

7 years ago

I bought this product in tube, which I think is better than in a tin box. It is effective to treat dry and chapped lips. I also like its smell, especially when I am working. It brings me a peaceful mind and is like a cup of hot chocolate.

About reviewer (2 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinOther, Other

HairOther

EyesOther

8 years ago

I love the smell of this! Vanilla, chocolate, rose! How can you go wrong with that combo? The scent is not artificial smelling. I like the original rose bud salve, but I think mocha rose because of its shea butter is more moisturizing. The tin is absolutely delightful!

About reviewer (69 reviews)

Age19-24