Smith's Rosebud Salve Mocha Rose Lip Balm

4.2

Petrolatum, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Beeswax (Apis Mellifera), Tocopherol (Natural Vitamin E), Red 7, Carmine (CI 75470) (CI 75470), Cocoa Extract, Vanilla (Vanilla Planifolia) Extract

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

Hhhmmmmmm... I had gotten the original and after saying I'd never get it again because it was just 'ok', I found myself using it often and being drawn to the idea of this one. I didn't have any stores locally that I could get it from so I caved and ordered it online. I was so excited for a yummy chocolatey smell and taste as I love cocoa butter stuff and real chocolate too. But man, was I disappointed in this...... It doesn't smell like decadent chocolate to me at all, it smells like protein powder chocolate. Such a huge bummer. It's hard to describe, but **not** delicious. Very fake and almost nauseating. :( Since I liked the original well enough after some time, using it multiple times a day (I keep it on my bathroom counter and use it after cleansing) I guess I'll do the same for this. If I can tolerate it. This a bit stiffer in the tin, but melts quickly on the lips. The moisturizing power is the same as original, which was not stellar but it feels really good on so I over look that. I have others in my purse with sunscreen in them for the daytime or I just wear lipstick. The containers are cute and could be reused for jewelry or something for travel but overall really expected more from this one. :(

Update: Ugh GOSH these things always grow on me! I upped the review. Might try mandarin next.

The mocha rose lip balm is a divine vanilla blend of essential oils with mocha, vanilla and chocolate. This has become my go-to winter lippie because it smells so delicious! The mocha rose lip balm is more pigmented than the rest of the range, leaving the lips with a slight cherry tone.

For reviews on other scents and flavours see: https://crazybeautelife.wordpress.com/2016/09/03/smiths-rosebud-salve-balm-tube/

Smells good and keeps my lips moist.

While I love the smell and feel of this lip balm, I didn't find it particularly moisturizing or medicating as Carmex or even my Dr. Pepper lip smacker. The chocolate smell is lovely, but to me, I don't notice it after about a half hour upon application. If you want a bit of shine to layer over lip liner and/or lipstick, and something that smells really good, I think it's a fine product. I wouldn't use it to relieve dry/chapped lips, however.

I have this in the tube form. I love the scent of this lip balm- it really smells like chocolate! The price is very good for the product. It is very moisturizing and is great for the wintertime.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I wanted to love this as much as I love the other Rosebud products but alas, the texture isn't right for me. The smell is gorgeous and I could sit and smell it all day but I found that the texture was thicker than the others and when I put it on I felt like I had a glob of sticky vaseline on my lips. I've tried it several times but prefer the thinner texture of the Minted Rose or Brambleberry. I suppose it would be good at night before going to bed.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

WOW! The second I opened the tin, the smell of this incredible lip balm blew me away!! It smells like a delicious mochachino. As for the quality of the product, I'm very impressed. The moister is not making the lips sticky, it's sleek, tasty, and lasts for quite a bit! I just fell in love with this.
The only downside, well, not that bad but still, is the packaging. I find it a bit annoying to open the tin, but the overall look of the packaging is adorable and bright.
I'd recommend you try this :)

I bought this product in tube, which I think is better than in a tin box. It is effective to treat dry and chapped lips. I also like its smell, especially when I am working. It brings me a peaceful mind and is like a cup of hot chocolate.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium

I love the smell of this! Vanilla, chocolate, rose! How can you go wrong with that combo? The scent is not artificial smelling. I like the original rose bud salve, but I think mocha rose because of its shea butter is more moisturizing. The tin is absolutely delightful!

This is pretty much just yummy smelling Vaseline. It smells mostly like cocoa with a hints of coffee, vanilla and rose, and boy is it strong. People standing around me have commented on the smell, but it's been positive. Sometimes I find it a bit cloying.
I think the packaging is cute, even if it's a little bit unhygienic. I suppose I don't mind that I am buying over priced petroleum jelly, but I don't love the smell enough to repurchase this.