Wella Color Charm White Lady Toner

Wella Color Charm White Lady Toner

3.9

Anyone who has gone blonde has used or heard about Wella T18, so I don't have anything to add about it's efficacy. I have previously had issues using it because my level 6/5 hair pulls yellow, with some streaks of light gold, I guess because those strands are a bit darker than the rest of my hair. So while the yellow has been toned gorgeously, the golden pieces have remained because only blue can tone gold/orange. If there is even the slightest orange tone in your hair left after bleaching, this will not tone your hair. I have tried mixing T18 with T14 because of it's blue base, but I always end up with a muddy shade. T11 leaves my hair too golden, as I try to achieve a bone white color. T10 gets it close, but it's a shade too dark. All this experimentation has led me to the discovery of mixing half T10 and half T18 and boom! Perfect white blonde hair. The T10 has a base of blue-violet, mixed with the violet of T18 is THE perfect mix for the woman whose hair has reached pale yellow with just a few light gold streaks left. The blue doesn't overwhelm the yellow and turn it muddy/greenish. I always use a clear protein filler on the ends of my hair before applying this product because if your hair is even a little porous it will grab color quickly and stain your ends lilac/purple. I also apply it to my roots first to let the color develop there before I pull it onto the ends. I wanted to share my method for anyone who has had the same issue that I've had with T18, especially for anyone who has to re-bleach their gold pieces in order for T18 to work for them. Try this mix first before you re-bleach. I take off one lippie because the product smells horrible, like flowers and cat piss. It temporarily makes my hair feel dry and coated (goes away after my first shampoo & conditioning) and since I refrain from washing my hair for 3 days after coloring to allow my cuticle to close, thus preserving my color, that's a bit annoying. It also stings a good bit when I apply it to my freshly bleached scalp, but I've got a tough one and it stops after a few minutes. All that being said I still use this and recommend it as it works better than most toners.

on 11/9/2016 11:05:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Ugh. Should have read reviews before application!! I have heavily balayaged hair.. level 4 on top and about a 9-10 mid lengths to ends. I grabbed T18 bc my blonde didn't have to much orange in it so no blue levels needed. I put this all over my head... as I am sitting waiting to wash it out, I start to read reviews. First one says, "will give hot roots to dark hair". Instantly I am sitting there thinking lord god please nooooo. I wash out check the mirror.. they don't look that bad. So, I dry a few pieces on the top of my head. Eh not so bad! Walk into the bathroom where the lighting is extremely bright and reveals all flaws.... BAM hot roots from hell. Blonde pieces look great though... nice and pale! Luckily i have some ION 5NN under the bathroom sink that I can use on my roots in the morning before I have to go to work like this!! Ladies read reviews before application bc I know most ppl don't keep extra Color in their bathroom for hot roots! May the odds be ever in your favor!!!!

on 10/14/2016 8:35:00 PM

I am naturally a 6 color; had horrible highlight experience; hot roots, etc. Have spent 100 hours trying to fix; yes, purple shampoos, etc, but wanted permanent "fix" of neon orange and bright yellow...Horrid! Have tried purple shampoos, toners, etc...

What I want to say is that, for ME, any 20 or even 10 volume developer lightens my own hair color at least one shade and, despite all this time, I have again had "hot roots, " while trying to fix color....So, LOOK OUT. It can lighten YOUR haircolor too, and you end up with hot roots..

The correction that has worked for me is NOT LETTING any toner, Ion or Wella T18 or T14 come in contact with my roots at all because even with the 10 volume it lightens my virgin hair color one shade which results in ORANGE!! At this point I am afraid of toning this orange at all since it may further brighten the orange (while depositing color) only to fade soon thereafter to an eveb worse color. And, I think the same mistake is done by professional haircolorists...You leave the salon and think, "OK!", and then it is NOT OK, it is brassy within a few days.

My goal is to leave my own color alone and try to correct the highlights. It's a shame my own color was so affected by the toners I used to correct the highlights...set me back on growout at least 6 months...

Be careful girls!l Best wishes.

on 6/6/2016 7:22:00 PM

So happy with how this fixed my yellow hair! I bought the 20 volume Wella developer with it! The only downside is that the smell is incredibly strong! But obviously that's to be expected ! Can't believe how awesome my hair looks now! Will definitely use again

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

I have used this plenty of times on myself and others after bleaching. It's works great but you MUST use 20 vol developer, MUST have at least dark yellow to light yellow level of bleaching for it to do its thing and MUST I mean MUST leave in for 30-45 min for any good results. Believe me, I am a colorist. If you don't leave it in you will not get the full ash tone results. You may be worries because your hair appears purple or grey with the toner on but leave it ALONE. lol.
The results will be a beautiful ashy blonde. If the hair was really really light blonde previously you may get a slight purple tone to it but it will wash out in a few washes.
If you hair is orange (even light orange) DO NOT EXPECT RESULTS. You will need to either lighten more with bleach before using this toner or select a darker toner with more blue tones in it.
Always consult the color wheel. This is a purple toner and the opposite of purple is yellow on the wheel. You can't go wrong if you use the color wheel before selecting a toner.
With all this in mind, I took one star off because the smell of this product is insanely atrocious. It literally stinks. So bad. Use in a well ventilated area! It also leaves the hair dry so be sure to deep condition afterwards.
Please also keep in mind to use a cream developer, not a liquid. This product is a liquid and the cream developer will make it much easier to apply. Another great tip is to be sure you use this on freshly shampooed hair, no conditioner and damp not dry hair.
I really hope I helped anyone who is questioning whether to use this toner or not!

on 4/12/2016 11:21:00 AM

Maybe I did it wrong? I went from dirty blonde with bleach highlights and covered it with Preference Lightest Ash. The color was good, but felt it could be a little better. It looked a tad yellow and my roots where a little orangery, so I tried this Well T18.

I used 20 vol, 15 min because I was scared to leave it in longer due to the reviews here. My hair turned darker and brassy :-( Maybe it will wash lighter?

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I've been fighting brassiness in my hair since I decided I want to go blonde. I'm not at the shade of blonde I want yet I'm still working towards that.

I've used T14 on my hair, it's more blue based. It did a decent job but my hair is less orange and more yellow so I decided to pick up T18.

I am a professional hairstylist so knowing what I know about color, I only used a 10 volume developer with this. 20 volume will only further damage your hair and if your hair is orange, it will most likely just make it more orange or not change at all.

So anyways, I put this on damp hair for 30 minutes. If you have extremely light hair to begin with, watch this closely as your hair could possibly go purple, but if it does dont worry it's not permanent. I wasn't worried about my hair pulling purple because I had some intense brass to get rid of lol

It did a really great job, i would definitely use it again, however, it is incredibly drying.

I did post a before and after :)

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

So I've been wanting to go back blonde for awhile, however it has been awhile since the last time I went from dark to light. I've pretty much forgotten the steps. So of course bleach well I went to Sally's because there are some new products out I suppose since the last time, and improvements. (Supposedly) the woman at Sally's (we will just call her Sally for all intensive purposes) so Sally recommended this wella toner. Well I have used wella in the past and hated it. Again, its been 3 years so I figured meh why not. As it was burning my scalp off I started reading the reviews. First off don't go by the box.... 30 minutes is wayyyyy too long. Second off, I thought it was crazy that some of these women had part of their hair dyed greyish purple. Never once thinking that could be my head. So I get in the shower and start washing the crazy purple toner out of my hair for about 10 minutes, (my hair is very thick). I get out only to look in the mirror and just about go crazy...my roots are fricken purple!!! I calmed down got back in the shower and thinking its possible I didn't wash it all out. Nope not the case my root are pother pricken purple!!!! For the most part my hair is not orange but it is yellow still. It also made ny skin itch quite a bit! Maybe if i had used a ten devolper it wouldnt have done that. I wouldn't recommend this product at all. I would recommend ion high lift cool ash blonde which I would have used if they weren't out.

I used this after the second bleach to get to platinum. I use 10 volume with this, and only leave it on for about 10 min. I heeded the advice of others here and stayed close to the mirror to check...glad I listened!
I got good results, the yellow is completely gone, but my hair is quite dry. I would never use this with 20 volume.
Color Charm did work for me, but I will give the Redken 9V a try, as another reviewer advises.

on 12/25/2015 6:29:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This product completely removes all brassy/yellow tones from bleached hair, leaving it a brilliant WHITE, or silver if you leave it on a little extra (I've done this a few times and it looks great). Absolutely amazing results.

However, this does come at a price. The product contains peroxide and therefore damages the hair quite a bit in comparison to other toners which are not oxidising, so make sure your hair is in good enough condition in the first place and follow with some deep conditioning!

Highly recommended for people who have tried other less damaging toners and can't get rid of brassiness in their bleached hair.