Wella Color Charm White Lady Toner

Wella Color Charm White Lady Toner

3.9

on 10/7/2017 12:52:00 AM

I was hoping someone could advise me. I have my hair bleached at the salon. I do not trust myself to do it. My hair is bleached to light yellow blonde and t18 takes out the yellow. But I feel I'm a little too icy. Almost grayish. Especially after freshly done. I want more of a white, not silver or Gray. Are there any other toners I could add to put a small bit of warmth to negate this silver? It looks good after it fades a bit, but this waiting period til then drives me nuts. I was wondering about the others t10, 11, 14. I've been reading up. Would it be better next time to mix t18 with another toner or a completely different toner or combination to achieve white/vanillla vs silver/gray?

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This product is SO good! I have been bleaching my hair for 3 years now and usually am never able to get further than the usual banana yellow colour and so have just gone years with this colour. I was told to use this product and I am SO glad I did! It turned my hair pure white! I feel like a Disney Princess😎 (I've uploaded a before and after to the gallery, I forgot to take a proper before picture so used a picture that shows my hair colour best in the natural light).

Love this! Left in 15 minutes with 20v

IM so confused by this product. I had my hair bleached to a beautiful bleach blond in june and I loved it so much! Well its august 1st and I decided its finally time to do my regrowth. I am naturally blond so I have used high lift color before to go 'bleach blonde' without any issues. I used my usual high lift lvl 12 color and It left my hair just a tad yellower than I wanted so I decided to just tone it with t18...well I shouldnt have done that because the wella didnt tone my regrowth AT ALL but it toned everything else so now the rest of my hair is a very very pale blonde (even tinged purple ugh) and my inch of regrowth is still yellowy so its even MORE noticeable then it was before I did this stupid toner. By the way I left the toner on for only 10 mins (20 volume developer as suggested).

Im going to wait a few weeks and dye my regrowth again with a cooler lvl 12 instead and hopefully that will fix this issue otherwise, I dont know and this purple/grey tinge wella gave the rest of my hair better wash out.

Anyone who has gone blonde has used or heard about Wella T18, so I don't have anything to add about it's efficacy. I have previously had issues using it because my level 6/5 hair pulls yellow, with some streaks of light gold, I guess because those strands are a bit darker than the rest of my hair. So while the yellow has been toned gorgeously, the golden pieces have remained because only blue can tone gold/orange. If there is even the slightest orange tone in your hair left after bleaching, this will not tone your hair. I have tried mixing T18 with T14 because of it's blue base, but I always end up with a muddy shade. T11 leaves my hair too golden, as I try to achieve a bone white color. T10 gets it close, but it's a shade too dark. All this experimentation has led me to the discovery of mixing half T10 and half T18 and boom! Perfect white blonde hair. The T10 has a base of blue-violet, mixed with the violet of T18 is THE perfect mix for the woman whose hair has reached pale yellow with just a few light gold streaks left. The blue doesn't overwhelm the yellow and turn it muddy/greenish. I always use a clear protein filler on the ends of my hair before applying this product because if your hair is even a little porous it will grab color quickly and stain your ends lilac/purple. I also apply it to my roots first to let the color develop there before I pull it onto the ends. I wanted to share my method for anyone who has had the same issue that I've had with T18, especially for anyone who has to re-bleach their gold pieces in order for T18 to work for them. Try this mix first before you re-bleach. I take off one lippie because the product smells horrible, like flowers and cat piss. It temporarily makes my hair feel dry and coated (goes away after my first shampoo & conditioning) and since I refrain from washing my hair for 3 days after coloring to allow my cuticle to close, thus preserving my color, that's a bit annoying. It also stings a good bit when I apply it to my freshly bleached scalp, but I've got a tough one and it stops after a few minutes. All that being said I still use this and recommend it as it works better than most toners.

on 4/12/2017 9:39:00 PM

Wella T18 used to be like magic it would work for me when bleaching my hair I've used it on orange/pink bleached hair a few times it always produced a beautiful light blonde and when I had my hair bleached to pale yellow it would make it white platinum. Not any more something changed about 3 years ago and now I cannot get t18 to tone my hair I started taking before pictures so I know I'm not imaging this I will have bleached my hair perfectly to the palest yellow sometimes almost white and it has always been even. After t18 it's horrible it turns my hair uneven always gives me yellow roots and grey hair, other times it just gives me these ugly yellow roots and that's all no toning at all, it's very harsh on your hair and scalp it has destroyed my hair so many times by using it on freshly bleached hair than having to remove it due to it making my hair yellow and grey. If you have dark roots it will turn them red/orange I found this out the hard way after getting perfect highlights and going to tone them and having my hair ruined by getting red roots. Wella toners are all pretty bad I'm not going to try anymore plus if you just bleached it will only damage your hair more following their directions of 20 volume developer i have tried using a 5 volume with this when I've had roots and it worked at not making my roots red/orange but it needs to be checked a lot it can darken faster. I wouldn't ever recommend wella to anyone unless I don't like them. Now I just use purple shampoo and AG Stealing Silver toning conditioner and I never have a problem.
Edit: Dont trust this with a 5 volume developer like I suggested woke up today and noticed in better lighting it did screw up my dark roots they went from dark brown to light orange/brown, my hair looked so bad I had to redo it again Thanks Wella for your crappy products that screw up my hair once again. I decided I will never use Wella products again ever! I'm so sick of getting my hair coloured just right and their products not working how they should and ruining my hair. Maybe the real pro products are better than this stuff made for regular people.

on 10/14/2016 8:35:00 PM

I am naturally a 6 color; had horrible highlight experience; hot roots, etc. Have spent 100 hours trying to fix; yes, purple shampoos, etc, but wanted permanent "fix" of neon orange and bright yellow...Horrid! Have tried purple shampoos, toners, etc...

What I want to say is that, for ME, any 20 or even 10 volume developer lightens my own hair color at least one shade and, despite all this time, I have again had "hot roots, " while trying to fix color....So, LOOK OUT. It can lighten YOUR haircolor too, and you end up with hot roots..

The correction that has worked for me is NOT LETTING any toner, Ion or Wella T18 or T14 come in contact with my roots at all because even with the 10 volume it lightens my virgin hair color one shade which results in ORANGE!! At this point I am afraid of toning this orange at all since it may further brighten the orange (while depositing color) only to fade soon thereafter to an eveb worse color. And, I think the same mistake is done by professional haircolorists...You leave the salon and think, "OK!", and then it is NOT OK, it is brassy within a few days.

My goal is to leave my own color alone and try to correct the highlights. It's a shame my own color was so affected by the toners I used to correct the highlights...set me back on growout at least 6 months...

Be careful girls!l Best wishes.

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

I have used this plenty of times on myself and others after bleaching. It's works great but you MUST use 20 vol developer, MUST have at least dark yellow to light yellow level of bleaching for it to do its thing and MUST I mean MUST leave in for 30-45 min for any good results. Believe me, I am a colorist. If you don't leave it in you will not get the full ash tone results. You may be worries because your hair appears purple or grey with the toner on but leave it ALONE. lol.
The results will be a beautiful ashy blonde. If the hair was really really light blonde previously you may get a slight purple tone to it but it will wash out in a few washes.
If you hair is orange (even light orange) DO NOT EXPECT RESULTS. You will need to either lighten more with bleach before using this toner or select a darker toner with more blue tones in it.
Always consult the color wheel. This is a purple toner and the opposite of purple is yellow on the wheel. You can't go wrong if you use the color wheel before selecting a toner.
With all this in mind, I took one star off because the smell of this product is insanely atrocious. It literally stinks. So bad. Use in a well ventilated area! It also leaves the hair dry so be sure to deep condition afterwards.
Please also keep in mind to use a cream developer, not a liquid. This product is a liquid and the cream developer will make it much easier to apply. Another great tip is to be sure you use this on freshly shampooed hair, no conditioner and damp not dry hair.
I really hope I helped anyone who is questioning whether to use this toner or not!

on 11/9/2016 11:05:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Ugh. Should have read reviews before application!! I have heavily balayaged hair.. level 4 on top and about a 9-10 mid lengths to ends. I grabbed T18 bc my blonde didn't have to much orange in it so no blue levels needed. I put this all over my head... as I am sitting waiting to wash it out, I start to read reviews. First one says, "will give hot roots to dark hair". Instantly I am sitting there thinking lord god please nooooo. I wash out check the mirror.. they don't look that bad. So, I dry a few pieces on the top of my head. Eh not so bad! Walk into the bathroom where the lighting is extremely bright and reveals all flaws.... BAM hot roots from hell. Blonde pieces look great though... nice and pale! Luckily i have some ION 5NN under the bathroom sink that I can use on my roots in the morning before I have to go to work like this!! Ladies read reviews before application bc I know most ppl don't keep extra Color in their bathroom for hot roots! May the odds be ever in your favor!!!!

on 6/6/2016 7:22:00 PM

So happy with how this fixed my yellow hair! I bought the 20 volume Wella developer with it! The only downside is that the smell is incredibly strong! But obviously that's to be expected ! Can't believe how awesome my hair looks now! Will definitely use again