L'Oreal Chrome Shine - 175 Silver Brown

No Image

4.5

on 4/27/2010 9:07:00 PM

Lovely shimmery eyeshadow, almost "wet" look when on. The shimmer is silver, which is not the colour I wear a lot of, being more into gold at the moment, but the amount of shimmer is great and the staying power is pretty good too. Not a lot of colour, but I use this mostly for layering anyway. I wear a neutral eye during the day, then top off with this for the evening. My makeup artist friend saw it and just had to ask me about it even before saying hello!

Only gave it a four because the "black" version of this shimmer is even better! I also bought the turquoise (blue) and will get the golden green as well, if I can find it again! Found this in a clearance pile, which is why it isn't a colour I use a lot, but this is the only reason I wouldn't repurchase. If you like silvery brown with lots of shimmer and NO glitter fallout - go for it!

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I saw these for the first time today and was struck by the beautiful neutral shades in the display with the suede like chrome finish. I chose Silver Brown which is like the spoiled wealthy cousin of MAC Satin Taupe, and much prettier too. The texture is silky smooth and richly pigmented and intensifies when applied with a damp brush. The finish is shimmery and sparkly but not at all frosty. This just might be my new favourite shadow and I'll be returning for more colours tomorrow.