Sephora Collection Retractable Waterproof Eyeliner

Sephora Collection Retractable Waterproof Eyeliner
Revlon Blackberry Sephora Purple UD RockstarRetractable Waterproof EyelinerRetractable Waterproof Eyeliner

4.2

Cyclopentasiloxane, Iron Oxides (CI 77499), Synthetic Beeswax, Microcrystalline Wax, Mica, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, VP/Hexadecene Copolymer, Myristyl Alcohol, Tocopherol, Lecithin, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Glyceryl Stearate, Magnesium Silicate,Glyceryl Oleate, Citric Acid.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

This is an excellent long wear eyeliner. I have it in the brown color. It is a nicely intense color than can be blended down to a soft look with the sponge tip. The tip of the eyeliner is fairly thin, so getting a good, thin line is fairly easy. I have oily lids and have trouble with regular eyeliner staying for any length of time. But this really IS a long wear eyeliner and has good staying power, even on my lids. It's not quite L'Oreal's HIP cream liner or Bobbi Brown, but I was quite impressed it lasted nearly the whole day on my lids. Terrifically priced at $12. I plan to order more colors.

on 5/20/2009 5:26:00 PM

This is the most expensive eyeliner I ever bought. Luckily, it was very pretty and is the reason why I bought it. I got it in green, just because it was so nice and vibrant and looked great on my brown eyes. I might go back and buy the blue one also, because I also loved the vibrancy of that one. Overall, great liner, it lasts pretty long without smudging.

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I have been SEARCHING everywhere for an eyeliner that will stay put all day long and I FINALLY found it!! I have tried Shu Uemura, MUFE, Urban Decay, Chanel, Lancome and finally the most reasonably priced Sephora brand won the prize. Got this eyeliner in brown (a beautiful dark brown with bronze glitters), applied at 7:30 am and it stayed on until 10:30 pm! WOW!! Never smeared or faded out. Let me add one more thing: I have monolids so my lids will constantly rub on the eyeliner every time I blink. For it to stay on after all those rubbing is amazing to me. This eyeliner also has a built in smudger and sharpener at one end. Great eyeliner for $12. None of the other ones I have listed above came close to the price or the performance. MUFE, Urban Decay, Lancome all smeared and did not last past 3 hours. MUFE smeared onto my lower lids even when I have only applied it to my upper lids (I looked like a racoon)! Shu Uemura and Chanel did not smear, however it also did not last the entire day. Sephora never smeared the moment I applied it and it also stayed on! I don't work for Sephora so these are genuine, honest opinions.

This is my every day eyeliner. I have it in black and brown. I prefer Revlon Colorstay to this, and even though Revlon is cheaper, I try to save that one for some reason! LOL This is the only eyeliner from the Sephora line that REALLY is black when the color says 'black'. Other Sephora liners that are black tend to turn a dark navy blue shade. This liner smudges, but not horribly. Oh and the cap on the smudger end comes off very easily and that tends to annoy me. But other than that, it's a decent eyeliner.

Love this! After years of using Almay's version of this and trying a few others (Maybelline, Prestige, Revlon, L'Oreal...) I'm so glad I found this. I use eyeliner pretty much everyday so it's gotta be good. Love the packaging, the point is fine enough to where you don't even have to sharpen it. But the best part is, it doesn't flake and it wears well. Doesn't flake! OMG finally.

on 6/25/2009 4:21:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

[EDIT: I had to bring the initial rating down for this because it began to dry up very quickly. Such a shame... It doesn't have that beautiful consistency after it dries up. It's useable-ish, but I'm sticking with my MAC eyeliners.]For someone who has used *several* eyeliners, I must say that I am impressed. Very, very impressed. There are some great eyeliners out there. I have tried them, I use them, I like them, but this... Well, this is the simply the best for me! First of all, the packaging is great; it has a smudge sponge and sharpener on the end, for an already slim eye liner. The next great thing is the black of this eye liner: It's really black! I like my black eye liner to be the backity black blackest and this is darned near perfectly, absolutely black! <3 Good job Sephora brand! Another thing that is great is that there is time to smudge it when you first put it on. Before it dries, it's smudgeable! When it dries, it stays put! (Well vigorous rubbing might remove it I think.) It also wears well on the water line with *no* irritation! That is something for me because there are only one or two eyeliners that don't bother my eyeliner, but this one doesn't bother my water line AND it stays on the water line (unlike the others)! Oh, and I got this is green for my mom who likes green eye makeup and it's very glossy looking. I will be purchasing more colors, for sure. Great, great product!

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I LOVE these eyeliners!! I have them in black, brown, and purple. They can be smudged very easily after application, but definitely stay put when dry. I wear these everyday and have had no raccoon eyes. I was a teeny bit skeptical about the price at first, but once I had a go with the eyeliner on, I fell in love. These are definitely worth the price.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

WARNING: do NOT use this eyeliner on your waterline!!!!! I thought this might be a cheaper alternative to MUFE Aqua Eyes, since every other "waterproof" liner I've ever tried still wears off quickly and/or smudges under my eyes when I use it to tightline and on my waterline. At first this stuff seemed great...it went on smoothly with a lot of pigment, and I loved the idea of not having to sharpen it. It stayed on my waterline much better than most other liners I've tried. Unfortunately, when it did start to come off, it flaked off into my eyes as opposed to just wearing off and disappearing. Flecks of it got stuck to my contact lenses and completely ruined my contacts - they tore while I was trying to clean them. I've gotten m/u stuck to my contacts plenty of times and I've NEVER had anything that stuck so badly it tore them! I went without my contacts the next day and decided to give the liner another chance, since m/u in my eyes doesn't usually bother me if I'm not wearing contacts, thinking I could keep the liner for glasses days. Well, the liner flaked off into my eyes again, and since there was no contact lens to catch it, this time it scratched the surface of my eye! It was horribly painful and I looked like I had pinkeye for a day or so until it healed (and I felt like I had something in my eye for days, which everyone knows is miserable). I took the liner back immediately and I'm back to using Aqua Eyes, which stays in place very well and has never irritated my eyes in any way. This Sephora liner may work great if you use it on your lashline as opposed to the inner rims of the eyes, but I wouldn't even risk that in case it still flaked off. Obviously, I'm never buying this again and despite it's pigment/lasting power I would give it a 0 rating if I could due to the fact that it injured my eye.

on 11/4/2009 11:25:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

It goes on pretty easily but it has really bad staying power. It usually surfaces to other parts of my eye within an hour and don't even think about having it stay on the water line. The retractable part makes it easy since you don't have to sharpen it but since you can't sharpen it, it doesn't really have a pointy tip so you can't draw thin lines at all. I would definitely not repurchase...$12 is actually a lot for its lack of quality.

on 11/25/2009 10:23:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I am shocked I have not written a review on this liner already. I have been using this Sephora liner in the blue, and green since it first came out and I love it more than the flashy ones. I love them both actually but this one has more depth in color and it is waterproof. Sometimes I will combine the flashy liner with the waterproof liner to make a more dramatic effect. I have never had any flaking from these liners as another reviewer had. I apply and go. It always stays put until I take it off. Even when I have cried, it stays there! The color of the blue is what I love the most about this Sephora liner. It is a darker blue, although not a dark navy such as the Avon one, and it has a bit of glimmer to it which really makes my green eyes more green. Very attractive. I find for the money, this is the best eyeliner I have tried yet, and I have tried quite a few at my age. ;-) Using my liner almost everyday, it lasted me about 6 months. That is really pretty good, and I was able to use it down to the actual end of the stick. That is something that never happens with the wooden stick liners that require sharpening. Once the stick gets so short it is hard to get a good handle on the wooden ones. This retrackable liner is way better for my liking. I hope Sephora keeps this liner in their product list for a long time.