GUERLAIN Meteorites Poudre de Perles Nacre Des Mers 10

Filtered by hair type : Curly
GUERLAIN Meteorites Poudre de Perles Nacre Des Mers 10
Meteorites Poudre de Perles Nacre Des Mers 10Meteorites Poudre de Perles Nacre Des Mers 10Meteorites Poudre de Perles Nacre Des Mers 10

4.5

on 5/19/2009 1:14:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

This is my first-ever Meteorites purchase, as it's the most neutral shade Guerlain has offered for my pale, cool-toned skin. The powder does brighten and even out skin tone, but I wish its glitter (which looks a bit OTT under sunny outdoor light) was a bit finer. I mostly wear this on weekends and special occasions, because its ultra-sweet fragrance stings my sinuses upon application. Thankfully the scent fades away within a half-hour, but I'm left doubting the safety of inhaling it on a daily basis. This product is good enough for me to consider repurchasing, but it'll probably be a long time before that's necessary (or even possible, as it's a LE for now).

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I'm a huge fan of Guerlain's meteorite illuminating pressed powders, and this one is a wonderful addition to the line. The powder is soft, neutral, and covers well. Under the shimmer overspray is a subtle pressed powder that illuminates and gives an airbrushed look. I can see this shade being worn easily by many skintones, except perhaps the very darkest who might prefer the darker beige enlumineur. I'm very pale myself and while I prefer the pink version for the winter when my skin could do with the freshness it imparts, I'll be reaching for this one all summer. It's not a bronzer by any stretch, but it pairs wonderfully with the bronzes and golds of summer.

On the skin irritation front, this has caused me no problems and I doubt that it will as I've been using the pink version for almost a year without irritation.

Note: The 1st picture in the review of this product is a bit deceiving, at least on my monitor. It appears to have peachy tones to it while the product is in fact beige/bronze based with no peach.

my skintype: cool/neutral ppp, sensitive, prone to product induced pimples but not blackheads or cystic acne.