GUERLAIN Meteorites Poudre de Perles Nacre Des Mers 10

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
GUERLAIN Meteorites Poudre de Perles Nacre Des Mers 10
Meteorites Poudre de Perles Nacre Des Mers 10Meteorites Poudre de Perles Nacre Des Mers 10Meteorites Poudre de Perles Nacre Des Mers 10

4.8

Me: NC15, Combo Skin.

I had been wanting this one since I first laid eyes on it online. I debated a while - I already have the balls in Mythic, Beige Chic & Butterfly Pearls and the Voyage Meteorites in Mythic. Finally, I just ordered it and have been waiting patiently for close to 2 weeks for it to arrive.

Thoughts: This compact is huge, extremely thick and I'm having a hard time seeing the point in the case being so thick. Maybe someone can explain it to me. It's pretty, dark bronzy color on the sides and bottom while the top looks like a light coppery pink with seashell looking accents.

It is a screw on lid which I find annoying. It has no mirror which is also annoying. If you're going to make something this huge then at least put a mirror in the damn thing. Especially considering the $65 price tag.

I am more than willing to overlook those few shortcomings now that I have seen and used the actual powder. This stuff is gorgeous. It has a shimmery overspray which pretty much came off after the first swipe of my big brush. But the powder itself is infused with a very subtle shimmer.

It ranges in shades from a very light fleshtone, to apricot, to a light mocha with an aqua green correcting shade in the center.

I swirl my brush over the top and pick them all up at once. It feels like velvet on the skin and once applied truly lives up to what the bottom of the compact says "Illuminating Perfecting Pressed Powder". Gives your skin a polished healthy glow.

PS - This does have the signature Guerlain candied violets fragrance which dissipates as soon as it's applied to your face. I happen to love the scent but some people don't so it's worth mentioning.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

My first Guerlain product ever! I bought this after I fell in love with the photos online and read the reviews on here, so I knew what I had to expect. And this was really everything I wanted. I wasn't looking for another highlighter - I have plenty of those. I wanted a sheer powder, enhancing the look of my skin and giving me a subtle, yet striking glow. I used to achieve that with my Terra del Sol powder #4, but I was looking for something lighter & brighter. Somebody on here said this Guerlain Powder is similar to Chanel's Poudre Douce and I find that a fitting comparison. Nacre des Mers is a work of art, both in looks as well as finish. It leaves a sheer, soft, supernaturally glowing finish and is something you really cannot overdo at any time. That, to me, makes it the perfect, light summer powder for that flawless, elven look. I do need concealer to even out minor imperfections, but as stated above and in all other reviews here, this is not a substitute for make-up at all. It provides no coverage and only evens out the complexion for that gorgeous, airbrushed look. The skin still shines through, so wearing it is the most natural thing. I have no idea whether this makes a good finishing powder. I use this alone and all over the face. For reference: I'm an NC15 girl.

on 5/28/2009 2:50:00 PM

My first Poudre de Perles, this LE is absolutely great ! I am a fan of the Meteorites (I have the 3 colours) and as other reviewers have said, the shade is a very light neutral beige, lighter than Beige Chic and more highlighting too. Great for toning down slight redness. It should suit many skin types as it can be used used either as an all over powder for fairest skins (like mine) or as a delicate highlighter for darker skins. I really think they should add it to their permanent collection.

on 5/19/2009 1:14:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

This is my first-ever Meteorites purchase, as it's the most neutral shade Guerlain has offered for my pale, cool-toned skin. The powder does brighten and even out skin tone, but I wish its glitter (which looks a bit OTT under sunny outdoor light) was a bit finer. I mostly wear this on weekends and special occasions, because its ultra-sweet fragrance stings my sinuses upon application. Thankfully the scent fades away within a half-hour, but I'm left doubting the safety of inhaling it on a daily basis. This product is good enough for me to consider repurchasing, but it'll probably be a long time before that's necessary (or even possible, as it's a LE for now).

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I'm a huge fan of Guerlain's meteorite illuminating pressed powders, and this one is a wonderful addition to the line. The powder is soft, neutral, and covers well. Under the shimmer overspray is a subtle pressed powder that illuminates and gives an airbrushed look. I can see this shade being worn easily by many skintones, except perhaps the very darkest who might prefer the darker beige enlumineur. I'm very pale myself and while I prefer the pink version for the winter when my skin could do with the freshness it imparts, I'll be reaching for this one all summer. It's not a bronzer by any stretch, but it pairs wonderfully with the bronzes and golds of summer.

On the skin irritation front, this has caused me no problems and I doubt that it will as I've been using the pink version for almost a year without irritation.

Note: The 1st picture in the review of this product is a bit deceiving, at least on my monitor. It appears to have peachy tones to it while the product is in fact beige/bronze based with no peach.

my skintype: cool/neutral ppp, sensitive, prone to product induced pimples but not blackheads or cystic acne.

Move over Mythic Parfait, Nacre Des Mers has moved in for summer. I have fair cool toned skin with a little extra pinkiness due to very mild rosacea so really need neutral colors. Rose Frais (02) is way too pink for me, Beige Lumineux (03)way too dark. Mythic Parfait (01) was the best choice until now. Nacre Des Mers (10) is probably between 01 and 03, having more yellow in it than 01 and less brown/intensity that 03. This is great for me as the yellow in it tones down my pinkiness and evens out the complexion with just a hint of color for the summer. Summary: I think this is probably the most neutral color in this range and will suit a lot of people. Make sure you get that top superficial shimmery layer off really well before you apply to face otherwise you will look like the tin man.