Joe Fresh Style eye shadow - all colours

Joe Fresh Style eye shadow - all colours
eye shadow - all colourseye shadow - all colourseye shadow - all colourseye shadow - all colours

4.2

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have been a long time fan of the L’Oreal Infallible eyeshadow shade Amber Rush and Maybelline Color Tattoo shade Bad to the Bronze but as I’ve now hit 50 I need a simple everyday wash of color that isn’t quite as pronounced or heavy. Enter Joe Fresh shadow in the shade Pretty Penny. A lovely copper toned silky shadow that applies and wears beautifully, all for $6 CAD. It has the same quality as the recent highlighter I picked up by the same brand and I am blown over by the quality and affordability of these products. Like anything, products in a brand can be hit or miss but this is a real gem in my opinion. I have my eye on a couple others I will pick up but this is a favorite of mine for an everyday all over the lid shadow look. The acrylic packaging is quite sturdy as well.

on 7/11/2015 6:48:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Hmm, I'm surprised by all the positive reviews- but at the same time, I am an avid user of one of their eyeshadows lol. I have the shade Honeybell (I noticed they name a lot of their shadows Honeybell... I have a pink shadow and an apricot colour with the same name.. That kind of turned me off- made me think the company just slaps on whatever shade name they want, and doesn't take their products seriously). The reason I use this shadow daily is because I love the colour. However, it is very chalky, and powdery. I feel like it's pressed baby powder with some dye in it lol. Regardless I will keep using it because I like the colour :)

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

omgosh I love these. They are $4CAD each at Loblaws, 3 for $10. Such cute colors too!! Wish they have a darker brown than the Espresso, but other than that I have zero complains. They're good quality shadows and stay on great with primer. Very little fallout and not at all sheer. When there's a color I'm not sure will work on me, I try that color by buying these. Please come out with more!!!!!!

on 4/19/2013 3:07:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Excellent shadows... Highly recommend! Just bought ICE, SUGAR & ROSE GOLD. SUGAR is very similar to my fave discontinued MAC HUSH, a nice iridescent shimmery light peachy pink. ICE is a great white highlighter, a bit chalky but you can blend that out. ROSE GOLD is a nice golden taupe, similar to golden freckles. I found that they go on very smoothly and blend well. Def buy again. Will try more colours too!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

This review is for the Faded Violet powder eye shadow.
I wanted a light pastel shade for the spring and this colour caught my eye.

Like the name implies, it's a sheer lilac tone.
The pigment is rather sheer and the texture is a bit on the chalky side so I took off two lippies for that.
For my skin tone, I would need to use a base colour to enhance the Faded Violet shadow to make it noticeable.
It would look lovely on pale, cool skin tones.
If you're warm toned, use caution as it may look like you've been crying.

I don't like spending a lot of money on the fun or trendy colours so this fits the bill economically.
I plan to wear it for a fun, spring weather look.

on 12/8/2012 3:19:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

I am pretty impressed with these. Good color pay off, stay on well, amazing price and with a good quality brush go on smooth just the same as higher end eyeshadows. I saw them on sale for $2 and bought 3. Two browns and a lavender. I have boat loads of eye-shadow but i guess i didnt realize i amazed a huge collection of es all with shimmers?! All the variances in tone and shine and intensity from MAC to UD to Mabelline to Dior.... and now, sigh, all i want is a few everyday basic matte eyeshadows; these were great find and serve their purpose- i use them daily.

on 9/28/2012 7:47:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I'm actually quite impressed with these shadows. I have tried a cream eyeshadow as well which I did not like but the pigmentation and color selection of these is very good. They also have a good range of matte to satin to shimmers. I'll be trying more from this line as it's so affordable and easily available.

I'm so glad I tried this!! I picked up "cactus" on a whim - it's a khaki green with shimmer, and looks amazing with my green eyes - usually greens compete with my eyes, but this one compliments them. It's also neutral enough to wear everyday. I blended it out with shroom, but will try patina next - think this will be beautiful! Mac comparable for sure. The cactus made me go buy 3 more the next day (3 for $10!) and I got pebble (grey shimmery taupe with plum undertones), gold rush (gorgeous golden shimmer with apricot undertones) and bronze (neutral mid-tone shimmery brown). I haven't tried the last three on my eyes, but swatched on the back of my hand they also look Mac comparable - the gold is so stunning.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Already bought a cream blush from Joe Fresh which I loved, so I thought I'd try their eyeshadows. I got three for $10, and got them in "Sugar," "Pale Pink" and "Twinkle."

I can now see why they're three for $10 (or $4 each.) All three shades were extremely powdery and chalky...when I went to pick up the product with my brush, it kicked up a ton of powdery dust and little powdery pieces balled up in the pan. As well, each shade was very poor in the pigmentation department -all three were extremely sheer and hard to build up any colour. I really had to pack it on with a stiff brush to achieve any sort of pigmentation.

The packaging is sturdy, and clear so you can see what's inside. That's pretty much the only redeeming quality about these eyeshadows, in my opinion. Definitely will not be repurchasing and would not recommend, even though they're cheap. If you're going to buy drugstore/grocery store eyeshadow, save your money and get the Wet n' Wild trios -excellent pigmentation, smooth, dense, buttery textures.

on 8/27/2011 12:07:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Colours purchased: Bisque, Pebble, Chocolate
-great quality for such an affordable price
-great colour selection and smooth, soft textures
-blend easily and contains a lot of product (more than double of MAC eyeshadows)
Bisque: light golden pale yellow >similar looking to MAC "ricepaper" Has a subtle shimmer and is a great everyday colour!
Pebble: shimmery taupe colour with gray as the colour base. Not bad as a colour but a little sheer, definitely buildable
Chocolat: shimmery medium cool-toned brown. Great neutral shade and good pigmentation (soft colour payoff)