Vichy Normaderm Pro Mat spf 15

Filtered by eye Color : Brown
Vichy Normaderm Pro Mat spf 15

2.6

Active ingredients: Ensulizole 1.8%, Octinoxate 7.5%. Inactive ingredients: water, alcohol denat., cyclohexasiloxane, glycerin, butylene glycol, nylon-12, ethylene/acrylic acid copolymer, ammonium polyacrylodimethyl taurate, triethanolamine, titanium dioxide, kaolin, glycolic acid, dimethicone, arginine PCA, sodium citrate, cholesterol, alumina, tocopheryl acetate, ascorbyl glucoside, poloxamer 338, tocopherol, caprylyl glycol, capryloyl salicylic acid, tetrasodium EDTA, biosaccharide gum-1, methylparaben, propylparaben, phenoxyethanol, blue 1.

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

Out of the Vichy Normaderm products that I bought with this, this was the only one that pleased me. I use it everyday before I go to bed. I can't use it before I put on my foundation because it doesn't help it go on smoothly because they separate, even if I wait until it settles in. I wish I could because it really helps moisturize and keep a lot of oils away.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

i bought this product because a cosmetician recommended it to me. I have acne prone skin and this product didn't break me out, however, this moisturizer isn't very good at all. It doesn't reduce the shine from my face. I am an oil slick after a couple hours (like 2 or 3) and i feel that I am even oilier with this product on compared to using another product. I would not recommend this product, especially for the price and quality. I'm still looking for a good moisturizer!

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

Very surprised by the negative comments here. But then again, if it is being advertised as a moisturizer, then I can probably see why. It is by far not a moisturizer! In fact, it is just the opposite. I would call it an oil control primer instead of a moisturizer. I was given a sample of this at my local Duane Reade. The sample lasted me about 2 weeks, my skin and make up was on it's best behavior for these 2 weeks. I went back and bought the full version as soon as it finished. I really like this because it prolongs foundation time ( sometimes I even skip powder, which I would never do prior). Very morning rush friendly, It absorbs right away, makes my skin a perfect, matte canvas ready for make up application which also makes make up last. $ 23 at duane reade. For reference: My skin is combination: normal/oily.

on 2/28/2012 5:30:00 PM

I have combination skin that tends to get oily on my T-zone. I had purchased this moisturizer along with the cleanser. Unfortuately, I found it dried out my skin and caused me to flake. It also made my skin very tight. I believe it was the salicylic acid in it that caused this. I would compare it to putting glue on my face. I would only recommend this to a person with very oily skin all-over. This is an extremly potent moisturizer.

on 2/24/2012 3:29:00 PM

I tried this product in the summer time as I was hoping it would help with my oily T-zone but it didn't help. The feeling of it on my skin was ok but it didn't help me in any way. In fact it made my skin more oily. I will not buy it again.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have oily skin that is getting more normal with age, mostly concentrated in my T-Zone.

This is the only drugstore moisturizer which actually takes care of my oil and shine. Olay Complete was my go-to until they reformulated. Despite the cons I list, I haven't found any other moisturizer that does not make me oilier.

Pros:
A little goes a long way
Absorbs fast (make sure you apply fast!)
Controls shine (within reason, after 9 hours idk what you can expect of any product)
Works well under make-up (see Cons however)

Cons:
If you apply foundation hours after applying this, it will cause this moisturizer to flake off and make application gross
If you apply too much and then touch your face, flaking can also occur

on 6/10/2011 5:02:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

OMG - i have found my HG for anti-shine mosturizer. My makeup actually stays on my face all day and oil!?? ha - It's gone. Even when I went outside in 90+ degree weather my makeup stayed put and there was no shiny oil slick on my t-zone! It's crazy! I'm so happy i found something that finally works! Yay!

on 5/31/2011 7:37:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I have been using this product for several weeks and have not seen a decrease in pore size or appearance this stuff actually made my skin worse I will never again buy something before I try it!!

this product doesnt hydrate well at all .
its not good for a make - up base
i guess it is ok to use with another moisturizer because of its SPF 15 .
i wouldnt recommend this .
actually, i didnt want to buy this at all , but the person at the drug store made it seem so good when its not :(

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I have been using this product for about 2-3 months and it never really helped.

PROS: Doesn't leave skin feeling sticky, unscented, awesome packaged (I like squeezing it out xD)

CONS: It did not hydrate or moisturize my face AT ALL.
My cleanser leaves my face feeling very soft but once I applied this on, it felt like it absorbed away all the moisture from my face... T.T

At one point, I ended up rubbing my face and I was surprised to find little eraser-like bits on my face. And guess what... it was the product itself T.T

It never helped with my acne prone skin at all. In fact, it made it worse.

Also, a tiny TINY tube for a huge amount of money? Not worth it.

I definitely do not recommend this product. BUT, it might just work for oily skin ;)