Vichy Normaderm Pro Mat spf 15

Filtered by hair type : Other
Vichy Normaderm Pro Mat spf 15

2.6

Active ingredients: Ensulizole 1.8%, Octinoxate 7.5%. Inactive ingredients: water, alcohol denat., cyclohexasiloxane, glycerin, butylene glycol, nylon-12, ethylene/acrylic acid copolymer, ammonium polyacrylodimethyl taurate, triethanolamine, titanium dioxide, kaolin, glycolic acid, dimethicone, arginine PCA, sodium citrate, cholesterol, alumina, tocopheryl acetate, ascorbyl glucoside, poloxamer 338, tocopherol, caprylyl glycol, capryloyl salicylic acid, tetrasodium EDTA, biosaccharide gum-1, methylparaben, propylparaben, phenoxyethanol, blue 1.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is my HG mattifier. Only a tiny amount is required, a sample lasted me weeks, and my excess oil production is reduced while my skin stays beautiful and hydrated. I will note, I only put this in the oiliest of places, my forehead, nose, chin, and maybe parts of my cheeks during summer, as it is way too drying for the rest of my face. Anything else (eg neck, temples) that goes into overdrive during the hot summer I'll use Caudalie's mattifier.

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

Out of the Vichy Normaderm products that I bought with this, this was the only one that pleased me. I use it everyday before I go to bed. I can't use it before I put on my foundation because it doesn't help it go on smoothly because they separate, even if I wait until it settles in. I wish I could because it really helps moisturize and keep a lot of oils away.

on 6/10/2011 5:02:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

OMG - i have found my HG for anti-shine mosturizer. My makeup actually stays on my face all day and oil!?? ha - It's gone. Even when I went outside in 90+ degree weather my makeup stayed put and there was no shiny oil slick on my t-zone! It's crazy! I'm so happy i found something that finally works! Yay!

on 11/11/2010 12:31:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Neutral

Did not like this at all.
It did absolutely nothing for me - Did not help oily skin at all - In fact I think it made it more oily!
Used it a couple of times and now its in the bottom of one my drawers somewhere.
Total waste of money.
I do not recommend.

this product doesnt hydrate well at all .
its not good for a make - up base
i guess it is ok to use with another moisturizer because of its SPF 15 .
i wouldnt recommend this .
actually, i didnt want to buy this at all , but the person at the drug store made it seem so good when its not :(

Did not like this product at all..

- does not hydrate the skin (my skin just felt scratchy and dry after applying this and i have combined acne-prone skin.)
- bad make up base (the product balls up when you try to use foundation over it)
- price is average (not too expensive, but certainly NOT worth the money)
- packaging is hygienic (being it's only upside, i'm afraid)

Would not buy this again..

(extra info: How bad this product may be in my opinion, i don't think all the products of the Normaderm line are.. for instance i do like the cleanser.)

on 2/2/2010 10:17:00 PM

I have combination skin (shiny T-zone) and I thougth this would work great for me. But it has only irritated my skin, my skin is peeling around my nose and cheeks and I got small bumps around my mouth (after 1 week).
This had happened before with a Neutrogena face wash (salicylic acid) and with the other Normaderm moisturizer, but since this product was advertised as anti-shine and nothing else I didn't think it would do this to me. Too bad, I like the packaging. I am going to give my face a break and then try it again later.

on 9/9/2009 9:30:00 PM

I work at a drugstore and the cosmetics specialist HIGHLY recommends the Vichy Normaderm line for acne prone skin. I've always thought, "this stuff can't be as good as my prescribed acne topical's". But this summer I started breaking out and I thought, "Maybe having a clean and simple routine would benefit my skin rather than applying zapping cleansers and harsh Retin-A every night."
I'm still using my Retin-A, but using this moisturizer in the morning as a way to control oil and SPF.
I have extremely oily skin so I'm always looking for a product that'll mattify my face. This product just seemed too good to be true...and it was!
For maybe an hour, my skin was matte (probably because I just washed my face!), but afterward, it'll be shiny again. I've got to say, my skin was SLIGHTLY less shinier than if I didn't have it on, but a few more hours later all that shine and sheen is back.
Perhaps if I used the whole line (cleanser, toner, moisturizer, night cream) I'd benefit from the shine-control, but then that'll mean they're false-advertising on the moisturizer's packaging.
And after reading some of the past reviews on here and learning that this product doesn't have proper SPF protection makes me want to throw this stuff out.
I won't buy this again.