Vichy Normaderm Pro Mat spf 15

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
Vichy Normaderm Pro Mat spf 15

2.5

Active ingredients: Ensulizole 1.8%, Octinoxate 7.5%. Inactive ingredients: water, alcohol denat., cyclohexasiloxane, glycerin, butylene glycol, nylon-12, ethylene/acrylic acid copolymer, ammonium polyacrylodimethyl taurate, triethanolamine, titanium dioxide, kaolin, glycolic acid, dimethicone, arginine PCA, sodium citrate, cholesterol, alumina, tocopheryl acetate, ascorbyl glucoside, poloxamer 338, tocopherol, caprylyl glycol, capryloyl salicylic acid, tetrasodium EDTA, biosaccharide gum-1, methylparaben, propylparaben, phenoxyethanol, blue 1.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is my HG mattifier. Only a tiny amount is required, a sample lasted me weeks, and my excess oil production is reduced while my skin stays beautiful and hydrated. I will note, I only put this in the oiliest of places, my forehead, nose, chin, and maybe parts of my cheeks during summer, as it is way too drying for the rest of my face. Anything else (eg neck, temples) that goes into overdrive during the hot summer I'll use Caudalie's mattifier.

on 5/15/2012 7:24:00 AM

As I have been using the Vichy Normaderm line for quite a while, and was looking for something more mattening during the summer, I gave this one a go. Not for me. It does keep you mat, for about 3 hours it lasted for me, then I would actually get very shiny/oily where normally I would not. Smell and texture is not as nice as other vichy moisturizers. Tried it a couple of times, also with a few months in between - same results & I will probably give or throw away.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have oily skin that is getting more normal with age, mostly concentrated in my T-Zone.

This is the only drugstore moisturizer which actually takes care of my oil and shine. Olay Complete was my go-to until they reformulated. Despite the cons I list, I haven't found any other moisturizer that does not make me oilier.

Pros:
A little goes a long way
Absorbs fast (make sure you apply fast!)
Controls shine (within reason, after 9 hours idk what you can expect of any product)
Works well under make-up (see Cons however)

Cons:
If you apply foundation hours after applying this, it will cause this moisturizer to flake off and make application gross
If you apply too much and then touch your face, flaking can also occur

this product doesnt hydrate well at all .
its not good for a make - up base
i guess it is ok to use with another moisturizer because of its SPF 15 .
i wouldnt recommend this .
actually, i didnt want to buy this at all , but the person at the drug store made it seem so good when its not :(

on 2/2/2010 10:17:00 PM

I have combination skin (shiny T-zone) and I thougth this would work great for me. But it has only irritated my skin, my skin is peeling around my nose and cheeks and I got small bumps around my mouth (after 1 week).
This had happened before with a Neutrogena face wash (salicylic acid) and with the other Normaderm moisturizer, but since this product was advertised as anti-shine and nothing else I didn't think it would do this to me. Too bad, I like the packaging. I am going to give my face a break and then try it again later.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This product was ok. But I notice if you use to much its gonna get off when you put on makeup:S so its a bad makeup base. A little goes a long way but it doesnt hydrate at all.
Would not recomend this.

on 9/9/2009 9:30:00 PM

I work at a drugstore and the cosmetics specialist HIGHLY recommends the Vichy Normaderm line for acne prone skin. I've always thought, "this stuff can't be as good as my prescribed acne topical's". But this summer I started breaking out and I thought, "Maybe having a clean and simple routine would benefit my skin rather than applying zapping cleansers and harsh Retin-A every night."
I'm still using my Retin-A, but using this moisturizer in the morning as a way to control oil and SPF.
I have extremely oily skin so I'm always looking for a product that'll mattify my face. This product just seemed too good to be true...and it was!
For maybe an hour, my skin was matte (probably because I just washed my face!), but afterward, it'll be shiny again. I've got to say, my skin was SLIGHTLY less shinier than if I didn't have it on, but a few more hours later all that shine and sheen is back.
Perhaps if I used the whole line (cleanser, toner, moisturizer, night cream) I'd benefit from the shine-control, but then that'll mean they're false-advertising on the moisturizer's packaging.
And after reading some of the past reviews on here and learning that this product doesn't have proper SPF protection makes me want to throw this stuff out.
I won't buy this again.

on 5/2/2009 1:41:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

This sounded soo good on paper, like the HG for my oily face, matte and spf 15 and in an tube.
I tried it once, and I don't think I'll try it again, maybe on an hot summerday. It made my face feel dry an irritated, and shine after 30min-1h.
I did read the INCI list before buying it and saw that it didn't contain any good stuff for the face, also alcohol denat. is nr 3 on the list, but I did buy it anyhow :S
It did make my face matte, the alcohol dried out it a bit and it also contains kaolin, nylon-12 and titanium dioxid that does absorb oil.
The sunscreen is syntetic + mineral (titanium dioxid) and is a PA++
If you are going to buy this use it as and sunscreen (with something better under) or as an primer.
I'm not buying this again I want something that contains antioxidants etc.