VICHY Normaderm Pro Mat spf 15

Filtered by skin type : Acne-prone
VICHY Normaderm Pro Mat spf 15

2.0

Active ingredients: Ensulizole 1.8%, Octinoxate 7.5%. Inactive ingredients: water, alcohol denat., cyclohexasiloxane, glycerin, butylene glycol, nylon-12, ethylene/acrylic acid copolymer, ammonium polyacrylodimethyl taurate, triethanolamine, titanium dioxide, kaolin, glycolic acid, dimethicone, arginine PCA, sodium citrate, cholesterol, alumina, tocopheryl acetate, ascorbyl glucoside, poloxamer 338, tocopherol, caprylyl glycol, capryloyl salicylic acid, tetrasodium EDTA, biosaccharide gum-1, methylparaben, propylparaben, phenoxyethanol, blue 1.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

i bought this product because a cosmetician recommended it to me. I have acne prone skin and this product didn't break me out, however, this moisturizer isn't very good at all. It doesn't reduce the shine from my face. I am an oil slick after a couple hours (like 2 or 3) and i feel that I am even oilier with this product on compared to using another product. I would not recommend this product, especially for the price and quality. I'm still looking for a good moisturizer!

on 5/15/2012 7:24:00 AM

As I have been using the Vichy Normaderm line for quite a while, and was looking for something more mattening during the summer, I gave this one a go. Not for me. It does keep you mat, for about 3 hours it lasted for me, then I would actually get very shiny/oily where normally I would not. Smell and texture is not as nice as other vichy moisturizers. Tried it a couple of times, also with a few months in between - same results & I will probably give or throw away.

on 9/9/2009 9:30:00 PM

I work at a drugstore and the cosmetics specialist HIGHLY recommends the Vichy Normaderm line for acne prone skin. I've always thought, "this stuff can't be as good as my prescribed acne topical's". But this summer I started breaking out and I thought, "Maybe having a clean and simple routine would benefit my skin rather than applying zapping cleansers and harsh Retin-A every night."
I'm still using my Retin-A, but using this moisturizer in the morning as a way to control oil and SPF.
I have extremely oily skin so I'm always looking for a product that'll mattify my face. This product just seemed too good to be true...and it was!
For maybe an hour, my skin was matte (probably because I just washed my face!), but afterward, it'll be shiny again. I've got to say, my skin was SLIGHTLY less shinier than if I didn't have it on, but a few more hours later all that shine and sheen is back.
Perhaps if I used the whole line (cleanser, toner, moisturizer, night cream) I'd benefit from the shine-control, but then that'll mean they're false-advertising on the moisturizer's packaging.
And after reading some of the past reviews on here and learning that this product doesn't have proper SPF protection makes me want to throw this stuff out.
I won't buy this again.