VICHY Normaderm Pro Mat spf 15

Filtered by skin type : Combination
VICHY Normaderm Pro Mat spf 15

2.8

Active ingredients: Ensulizole 1.8%, Octinoxate 7.5%. Inactive ingredients: water, alcohol denat., cyclohexasiloxane, glycerin, butylene glycol, nylon-12, ethylene/acrylic acid copolymer, ammonium polyacrylodimethyl taurate, triethanolamine, titanium dioxide, kaolin, glycolic acid, dimethicone, arginine PCA, sodium citrate, cholesterol, alumina, tocopheryl acetate, ascorbyl glucoside, poloxamer 338, tocopherol, caprylyl glycol, capryloyl salicylic acid, tetrasodium EDTA, biosaccharide gum-1, methylparaben, propylparaben, phenoxyethanol, blue 1.

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

Out of the Vichy Normaderm products that I bought with this, this was the only one that pleased me. I use it everyday before I go to bed. I can't use it before I put on my foundation because it doesn't help it go on smoothly because they separate, even if I wait until it settles in. I wish I could because it really helps moisturize and keep a lot of oils away.

on 2/4/2013 11:55:00 AM

I find that a lot of the complaints on this product seem to come from using it wrong. I have been using this product for about two years now, and it has helped control the oil on my face very well. The thing is, you CAN'T use a lot of it. Use the smallest amount possible. Go piece by piece around your face, or it will dry before you manage to blend it. You also often cannot use this to replace a moisturizer. I tend to use it as a moisurizer because it works for me, but I reccomend using a very light moisurizer underneath that you trust.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

Very surprised by the negative comments here. But then again, if it is being advertised as a moisturizer, then I can probably see why. It is by far not a moisturizer! In fact, it is just the opposite. I would call it an oil control primer instead of a moisturizer. I was given a sample of this at my local Duane Reade. The sample lasted me about 2 weeks, my skin and make up was on it's best behavior for these 2 weeks. I went back and bought the full version as soon as it finished. I really like this because it prolongs foundation time ( sometimes I even skip powder, which I would never do prior). Very morning rush friendly, It absorbs right away, makes my skin a perfect, matte canvas ready for make up application which also makes make up last. $ 23 at duane reade. For reference: My skin is combination: normal/oily.

on 2/28/2012 5:30:00 PM

I have combination skin that tends to get oily on my T-zone. I had purchased this moisturizer along with the cleanser. Unfortuately, I found it dried out my skin and caused me to flake. It also made my skin very tight. I believe it was the salicylic acid in it that caused this. I would compare it to putting glue on my face. I would only recommend this to a person with very oily skin all-over. This is an extremly potent moisturizer.

on 2/24/2012 3:29:00 PM

I tried this product in the summer time as I was hoping it would help with my oily T-zone but it didn't help. The feeling of it on my skin was ok but it didn't help me in any way. In fact it made my skin more oily. I will not buy it again.

on 7/3/2011 7:43:00 PM

This product double surprised me,i really wasnt expected to be so bad.The texture is like a paste,some greenish product, really difficult to spread.Some strange smell too and if you dont apply it very quick the product gets dry.After i finish applying on entire face,i felt this getting very dry(i suppose this happend becouse of the high amount of alcohol),my skin got really tight and had such a sticky felling.The second surprise was when i want it to apply the foundation and i noticed hoe the moisturizer start to ball really bad.
I really want it to like this becouse i need a summer oilfree moisturizer,an excelent mattifing base for my ss and this was so close.
And i was keeping this product in my closet from awhile,waiting the summer ,wasnt sure about beeing what i need it.
Is nothing good in this product,even the finish is not mat like is saying on his name"Pro Mat"
Very disappointed!

on 6/10/2011 5:02:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

OMG - i have found my HG for anti-shine mosturizer. My makeup actually stays on my face all day and oil!?? ha - It's gone. Even when I went outside in 90+ degree weather my makeup stayed put and there was no shiny oil slick on my t-zone! It's crazy! I'm so happy i found something that finally works! Yay!

this product doesnt hydrate well at all .
its not good for a make - up base
i guess it is ok to use with another moisturizer because of its SPF 15 .
i wouldnt recommend this .
actually, i didnt want to buy this at all , but the person at the drug store made it seem so good when its not :(

Did not like this product at all..

- does not hydrate the skin (my skin just felt scratchy and dry after applying this and i have combined acne-prone skin.)
- bad make up base (the product balls up when you try to use foundation over it)
- price is average (not too expensive, but certainly NOT worth the money)
- packaging is hygienic (being it's only upside, i'm afraid)

Would not buy this again..

(extra info: How bad this product may be in my opinion, i don't think all the products of the Normaderm line are.. for instance i do like the cleanser.)

on 2/2/2010 10:17:00 PM

I have combination skin (shiny T-zone) and I thougth this would work great for me. But it has only irritated my skin, my skin is peeling around my nose and cheeks and I got small bumps around my mouth (after 1 week).
This had happened before with a Neutrogena face wash (salicylic acid) and with the other Normaderm moisturizer, but since this product was advertised as anti-shine and nothing else I didn't think it would do this to me. Too bad, I like the packaging. I am going to give my face a break and then try it again later.