Vichy Normaderm Pro Mat spf 15

Filtered by skin type : Normal
Vichy Normaderm Pro Mat spf 15

3.5

Active ingredients: Ensulizole 1.8%, Octinoxate 7.5%. Inactive ingredients: water, alcohol denat., cyclohexasiloxane, glycerin, butylene glycol, nylon-12, ethylene/acrylic acid copolymer, ammonium polyacrylodimethyl taurate, triethanolamine, titanium dioxide, kaolin, glycolic acid, dimethicone, arginine PCA, sodium citrate, cholesterol, alumina, tocopheryl acetate, ascorbyl glucoside, poloxamer 338, tocopherol, caprylyl glycol, capryloyl salicylic acid, tetrasodium EDTA, biosaccharide gum-1, methylparaben, propylparaben, phenoxyethanol, blue 1.

on 6/11/2010 10:56:00 AM

I'm also really surprised by the bad reviews of this. A Boots sales assistant gave me a couple of samples of it, along with the Normaderm Hydrating care. I like both, but I've gone with the Promat because of the SPF and really excellent mattifying effect. Apparently it won an Allure award last year, though who knows how objective those are? I wouldn't usually spend 14 on a moisturiser but I'm pleased with this. It's very hard to find reasonably-priced moisturisers for oily / spotty skin which contain SPF in the UK - I think here they aim SPF products only at older women with drier skin. I don't know about the UVA issue another reviewer has noted, but I feel using something is definitely better than nothing, and I'm happy with the (titanium dioxide) protection this offers. Overall, this is an excellent light moisturiser for summer which leaves a smooth, velvety finish, and stops shine for a good long time - I've had much less need for make-up and powder. Recommended.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I have been using this product for about 2-3 months and it never really helped.

PROS: Doesn't leave skin feeling sticky, unscented, awesome packaged (I like squeezing it out xD)

CONS: It did not hydrate or moisturize my face AT ALL.
My cleanser leaves my face feeling very soft but once I applied this on, it felt like it absorbed away all the moisture from my face... T.T

At one point, I ended up rubbing my face and I was surprised to find little eraser-like bits on my face. And guess what... it was the product itself T.T

It never helped with my acne prone skin at all. In fact, it made it worse.

Also, a tiny TINY tube for a huge amount of money? Not worth it.

I definitely do not recommend this product. BUT, it might just work for oily skin ;)