VICHY Normaderm Pro Mat spf 15

VICHY Normaderm Pro Mat spf 15

2.6

Active ingredients: Ensulizole 1.8%, Octinoxate 7.5%. Inactive ingredients: water, alcohol denat., cyclohexasiloxane, glycerin, butylene glycol, nylon-12, ethylene/acrylic acid copolymer, ammonium polyacrylodimethyl taurate, triethanolamine, titanium dioxide, kaolin, glycolic acid, dimethicone, arginine PCA, sodium citrate, cholesterol, alumina, tocopheryl acetate, ascorbyl glucoside, poloxamer 338, tocopherol, caprylyl glycol, capryloyl salicylic acid, tetrasodium EDTA, biosaccharide gum-1, methylparaben, propylparaben, phenoxyethanol, blue 1.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is my HG mattifier. Only a tiny amount is required, a sample lasted me weeks, and my excess oil production is reduced while my skin stays beautiful and hydrated. I will note, I only put this in the oiliest of places, my forehead, nose, chin, and maybe parts of my cheeks during summer, as it is way too drying for the rest of my face. Anything else (eg neck, temples) that goes into overdrive during the hot summer I'll use Caudalie's mattifier.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

Very surprised by the negative comments here. But then again, if it is being advertised as a moisturizer, then I can probably see why. It is by far not a moisturizer! In fact, it is just the opposite. I would call it an oil control primer instead of a moisturizer. I was given a sample of this at my local Duane Reade. The sample lasted me about 2 weeks, my skin and make up was on it's best behavior for these 2 weeks. I went back and bought the full version as soon as it finished. I really like this because it prolongs foundation time ( sometimes I even skip powder, which I would never do prior). Very morning rush friendly, It absorbs right away, makes my skin a perfect, matte canvas ready for make up application which also makes make up last. $ 23 at duane reade. For reference: My skin is combination: normal/oily.

on 6/10/2011 5:02:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

OMG - i have found my HG for anti-shine mosturizer. My makeup actually stays on my face all day and oil!?? ha - It's gone. Even when I went outside in 90+ degree weather my makeup stayed put and there was no shiny oil slick on my t-zone! It's crazy! I'm so happy i found something that finally works! Yay!

on 6/11/2010 10:56:00 AM

I'm also really surprised by the bad reviews of this. A Boots sales assistant gave me a couple of samples of it, along with the Normaderm Hydrating care. I like both, but I've gone with the Promat because of the SPF and really excellent mattifying effect. Apparently it won an Allure award last year, though who knows how objective those are? I wouldn't usually spend 14 on a moisturiser but I'm pleased with this. It's very hard to find reasonably-priced moisturisers for oily / spotty skin which contain SPF in the UK - I think here they aim SPF products only at older women with drier skin. I don't know about the UVA issue another reviewer has noted, but I feel using something is definitely better than nothing, and I'm happy with the (titanium dioxide) protection this offers. Overall, this is an excellent light moisturiser for summer which leaves a smooth, velvety finish, and stops shine for a good long time - I've had much less need for make-up and powder. Recommended.

on 10/26/2009 11:27:00 PM

I'm pretty shocked about the negative reviews. I hate the way covered skin looks so I don't like to put a lot on my skin. I don't wear foundation and I haven't found a sunscreen that I can use. This product makes my skin looks so smooth and calm! It feels hydrated and supple and matte at the same time. I'm not sure if this is good spf product but considering how much I hate all of the others and that I haven't been wearing SPF at all this is a godsend. I love it, but like I said, I have special needs.

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

Out of the Vichy Normaderm products that I bought with this, this was the only one that pleased me. I use it everyday before I go to bed. I can't use it before I put on my foundation because it doesn't help it go on smoothly because they separate, even if I wait until it settles in. I wish I could because it really helps moisturize and keep a lot of oils away.

on 2/4/2013 11:55:00 AM

I find that a lot of the complaints on this product seem to come from using it wrong. I have been using this product for about two years now, and it has helped control the oil on my face very well. The thing is, you CAN'T use a lot of it. Use the smallest amount possible. Go piece by piece around your face, or it will dry before you manage to blend it. You also often cannot use this to replace a moisturizer. I tend to use it as a moisurizer because it works for me, but I reccomend using a very light moisurizer underneath that you trust.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have oily skin that is getting more normal with age, mostly concentrated in my T-Zone.

This is the only drugstore moisturizer which actually takes care of my oil and shine. Olay Complete was my go-to until they reformulated. Despite the cons I list, I haven't found any other moisturizer that does not make me oilier.

Pros:
A little goes a long way
Absorbs fast (make sure you apply fast!)
Controls shine (within reason, after 9 hours idk what you can expect of any product)
Works well under make-up (see Cons however)

Cons:
If you apply foundation hours after applying this, it will cause this moisturizer to flake off and make application gross
If you apply too much and then touch your face, flaking can also occur

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I actually quite like this. It hydrates my skin sufficiently, it doesn't have an oily feel to it and my skin absorbs it well enough. I use the Dermalogica oil control lotion as well, which is about four times as expensive as Vichy and there's no noticeable difference between the two.

on 2/24/2012 3:29:00 PM

I tried this product in the summer time as I was hoping it would help with my oily T-zone but it didn't help. The feeling of it on my skin was ok but it didn't help me in any way. In fact it made my skin more oily. I will not buy it again.