Vichy Normaderm Pro Mat spf 15

Vichy Normaderm Pro Mat spf 15

2.6

Active ingredients: Ensulizole 1.8%, Octinoxate 7.5%. Inactive ingredients: water, alcohol denat., cyclohexasiloxane, glycerin, butylene glycol, nylon-12, ethylene/acrylic acid copolymer, ammonium polyacrylodimethyl taurate, triethanolamine, titanium dioxide, kaolin, glycolic acid, dimethicone, arginine PCA, sodium citrate, cholesterol, alumina, tocopheryl acetate, ascorbyl glucoside, poloxamer 338, tocopherol, caprylyl glycol, capryloyl salicylic acid, tetrasodium EDTA, biosaccharide gum-1, methylparaben, propylparaben, phenoxyethanol, blue 1.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

Very surprised by the negative comments here. But then again, if it is being advertised as a moisturizer, then I can probably see why. It is by far not a moisturizer! In fact, it is just the opposite. I would call it an oil control primer instead of a moisturizer. I was given a sample of this at my local Duane Reade. The sample lasted me about 2 weeks, my skin and make up was on it's best behavior for these 2 weeks. I went back and bought the full version as soon as it finished. I really like this because it prolongs foundation time ( sometimes I even skip powder, which I would never do prior). Very morning rush friendly, It absorbs right away, makes my skin a perfect, matte canvas ready for make up application which also makes make up last. $ 23 at duane reade. For reference: My skin is combination: normal/oily.

on 8/21/2009 12:32:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

First off, I'm using the recently release U.S. version, ingredients as follows:

So already from the ingredients listing (I bought it without having seen them, that was my first mistake) is that there is no proper UVA protection whatsoever. So basically, then, it's a serum/paste textured product with some UVB protection. The issue I have is that it's not actually mattifying. I wanted a finish more akin to the Japanese sunscreens, without the tenaciousness. I am oily and shiny with this product relatively quickly. So for me, it fails on both accounts, with poor sun protection and poor mattification. I'm done with Vichy and the other L'Oreal companies to be honest. Consistent disappointments. I'm going to try some of the Japanese sunscreens again.
Hope this helps

on 6/11/2010 10:56:00 AM

I'm also really surprised by the bad reviews of this. A Boots sales assistant gave me a couple of samples of it, along with the Normaderm Hydrating care. I like both, but I've gone with the Promat because of the SPF and really excellent mattifying effect. Apparently it won an Allure award last year, though who knows how objective those are? I wouldn't usually spend 14 on a moisturiser but I'm pleased with this. It's very hard to find reasonably-priced moisturisers for oily / spotty skin which contain SPF in the UK - I think here they aim SPF products only at older women with drier skin. I don't know about the UVA issue another reviewer has noted, but I feel using something is definitely better than nothing, and I'm happy with the (titanium dioxide) protection this offers. Overall, this is an excellent light moisturiser for summer which leaves a smooth, velvety finish, and stops shine for a good long time - I've had much less need for make-up and powder. Recommended.

on 5/2/2009 1:41:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

This sounded soo good on paper, like the HG for my oily face, matte and spf 15 and in an tube.
I tried it once, and I don't think I'll try it again, maybe on an hot summerday. It made my face feel dry an irritated, and shine after 30min-1h.
I did read the INCI list before buying it and saw that it didn't contain any good stuff for the face, also alcohol denat. is nr 3 on the list, but I did buy it anyhow :S
It did make my face matte, the alcohol dried out it a bit and it also contains kaolin, nylon-12 and titanium dioxid that does absorb oil.
The sunscreen is syntetic + mineral (titanium dioxid) and is a PA++
If you are going to buy this use it as and sunscreen (with something better under) or as an primer.
I'm not buying this again I want something that contains antioxidants etc.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is my HG mattifier. Only a tiny amount is required, a sample lasted me weeks, and my excess oil production is reduced while my skin stays beautiful and hydrated. I will note, I only put this in the oiliest of places, my forehead, nose, chin, and maybe parts of my cheeks during summer, as it is way too drying for the rest of my face. Anything else (eg neck, temples) that goes into overdrive during the hot summer I'll use Caudalie's mattifier.

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

Out of the Vichy Normaderm products that I bought with this, this was the only one that pleased me. I use it everyday before I go to bed. I can't use it before I put on my foundation because it doesn't help it go on smoothly because they separate, even if I wait until it settles in. I wish I could because it really helps moisturize and keep a lot of oils away.

on 2/4/2013 11:55:00 AM

I find that a lot of the complaints on this product seem to come from using it wrong. I have been using this product for about two years now, and it has helped control the oil on my face very well. The thing is, you CAN'T use a lot of it. Use the smallest amount possible. Go piece by piece around your face, or it will dry before you manage to blend it. You also often cannot use this to replace a moisturizer. I tend to use it as a moisurizer because it works for me, but I reccomend using a very light moisurizer underneath that you trust.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

i bought this product because a cosmetician recommended it to me. I have acne prone skin and this product didn't break me out, however, this moisturizer isn't very good at all. It doesn't reduce the shine from my face. I am an oil slick after a couple hours (like 2 or 3) and i feel that I am even oilier with this product on compared to using another product. I would not recommend this product, especially for the price and quality. I'm still looking for a good moisturizer!

on 7/3/2011 7:43:00 PM

This product double surprised me,i really wasnt expected to be so bad.The texture is like a paste,some greenish product, really difficult to spread.Some strange smell too and if you dont apply it very quick the product gets dry.After i finish applying on entire face,i felt this getting very dry(i suppose this happend becouse of the high amount of alcohol),my skin got really tight and had such a sticky felling.The second surprise was when i want it to apply the foundation and i noticed hoe the moisturizer start to ball really bad.
I really want it to like this becouse i need a summer oilfree moisturizer,an excelent mattifing base for my ss and this was so close.
And i was keeping this product in my closet from awhile,waiting the summer ,wasnt sure about beeing what i need it.
Is nothing good in this product,even the finish is not mat like is saying on his name"Pro Mat"
Very disappointed!

on 10/9/2014 5:43:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I applied only a little of this product on my face and it absorbed perfectly, smelled very good, and hydrated my face! It is true a little product goes along way. The only downside is that I did not notice a difference when it came to oil control, to me it was just another good moisturizer. If you have oily skin (which i have) then i would look else where.