Avon Glazewear Diamonds Lipstick in Ruby Slippers

4.5

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

Its a glossy lipstick- the texture is creamy and comforting. I LOVE this color, a silky sheer fushia color. I love anything that says glazewear on it.

I recently ordered from Avon when they were having a free ship code and were having a decent sale on some of their products. This was one of the products in my order. I was able to pick this up for about $3 (retail price is $8).

When I first opened up the box and looked at the color in the tube I was a little scared. It is a bright pink with obvious shimmer. As I was first applying it I was a little nervous as it seemed sticky in a way, but after the heat from my lips warmed it up a bit it turned into more of a gel and it's actually quite moisturizing. Even though my lips are pigmented, it is not a shocking fuchsia (which usually happens with pink lipsticks with me) and the shimmers are not gritty or over the top once applied.

It really does seem like I'm wearing something in between a gloss and a lipstick except without the stickiness of some glosses.

According to Avon: Avon's revolutionary lipstick combines the shine of a lip gloss with the luscious color of a lipstick. This lightweight formula glides effortlessly for full, glossy color that feels incredible on lips. No sticky feel - just smooth, silky lips. Dermatologist tested.

2g/.07oz

Not sure I'd rebuy at the retail price of $8 but certainly if it goes on sale again - and definitely if I happen upon a free ship code again!