Rock & Republic Contrived Blush - Spank [DISCONTINUED]

Rock & Republic Contrived Blush - Spank [DISCONTINUED]
R&R blush swatchesR&R SpankRock and Republic SpankContrived Blush - Spank [DISCONTINUED]Contrived Blush - Spank [DISCONTINUED]

Talc, Squalane, Lauroyl lysine, Silica, Boron nitride, Zinc Oxide, Kaolin, Methicone, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Carmine, CI 19140, CI 15850, CI 15850, Red 30

on 8/30/2012 3:44:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

Spank is a matte, neutral pink blush that looks like it would be too light for my NC42 skintone but surprisingly works really well. It is extremely pigmented! I love the way it looks so natural in photos.

It blends and applies like a dream. I personally use a skunk brush as I find it distributed the color evenly.

Honestly, there could not be a more perfect pink blush for me.

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Spank is a very clean, neutral pink, and it looks deceptively paler at first glance than it swatches on the skin -- it is actually pretty heavily pigmented. As such, a little goes a very long way, and despite its appearance, I still need to be careful when applying it. It leaves the most beautiful healthy pink glow -- youthful and fresh. I love the finely-milled texture of the R&R blushes -- it makes them very easy to blend. Due to both (1) the pigmentation and (2) the massive size, this will last for ages, making it an excellent value. Love!

For reference: NW5-10; NARS Siberia.

on 7/23/2011 2:09:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

Spank is a ballet pink and is pigmented but I do not have to use a skunk brush with this one as I have to do so with a few other R & R blushes. It applies/blends easily and there is .032oz/9g of product.

on 4/17/2011 11:02:00 PM

This is a very pretty pink blush. I own a lot of blushes but when I had a business portrait taken, I chose Spank to wear. It looked very professional, yet very fresh. NC30.

Love this blush to death! This is my go-to blush for my NC30 skin. Its my favorite among all the R&R blushes.

on 4/1/2011 12:19:00 PM

This is the perfect blush for my NW20 skin. Tons of product, and it's so long wearing! If there's one R&R blush you get, it's this one!

on 3/23/2011 9:34:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Now I know and understand the hype with this blush. It is like opening up a present each time you use it. This is one of my favorite blushes! The packaging is gorgeous! The shade is a smooth warm light baby pink. It gives off a pretty dolly cheek color except more natural than just bright pink cheeks. If you had the opportunity to get this still, I suggest you do if you're a fan of pink blushes. (The R&R cosmetics line is discontinued btw) The original retail prices of these blushes are around $40 but luckily I received this product as a freebie from the manager =] But if they had stock, I'd buy it anyway! Well worth the forty dollars because there is so much product! And the packaging isn't cheap or flimsy!

EDIT // I changed my rating from 4 to 5 lippies because I've learned to appreciate how gorgeous this blush can be.

on 12/19/2010 5:47:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I am NC10-15 and this is an instant HG blush for me. It's a very subtle pink, not too cool, it's basically the shade that I flush naturally. It's matte, so it works with a variety of looks, but is definitely a perfect everyday go to blush. AND, it's so huge that I probably won't ever need to rebuy, but if I needed to I would. :)

on 11/11/2010 4:21:00 PM

Rock and Republic has one of the best cosmetic lines around ...... their quality is exceptional and their sales make purchasing very affordable. I scored Spank recently and while I am disappointed that on my NW10 skin it did not show up as a pale pink, but rather a bit darker, however, it is a very pretty pink ...... what I find with R & R is that their cosmetics are very pigmented ........ even with a skunk brush I get a darker pink than what the swatches portray, however, a very pretty color none the less, as long as I use a light hand. For reference, my favorite pink blush was Armani 01 which was sadly discontinued, and Spank is a few shades darker, but a beautiful choice for those with cool skintones. (for others like myself, who have Spank show up a bit darker than a pale baby pink, I highly recommend NARS' Sex Appeal which is gorgeous for those who are NW10 - NW15.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

this had quickly become my favorite blush. i owe a lot of blushes from MAC to NARS to everything else in between and none of them really stand out to me where i have to tell the world how much i LOVE it. it is such a gorgeous color and i use it every single day ever since the day i got it. no lie. there wasn't a lie that i didn't use it. that's how much i love it. the blush is very pigmented and it isn't chalky. one dab on the blush with my brush is enough, but since this isn't some crazy over the top color, it really is fool proof. i would definitely repurchase this if i ever run out. which i doubt i will any time soon.