3.6

price range

Reviews

2.0

2 years ago

Doesn't go on very smoothly, and smudged within a few hours of application. I didn't have any emollient creams below my eye to cause this, so I blame the product. It also doesn't thicken appreciably with just one coat.

About reviewer (154 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinNormal, Fair, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Other, Other

EyesHazel

3.0
from

2 years ago

I liked this mascara, but it seemed to leave a shadow under my lower lashes and it is difficult to remove. Otherwise, it did not irritate my eyes. I will not re-purchase this.

About reviewer (142 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Other, Other

1.0

2 years ago

I found this mascara to be clumpy and difficult to work with. The combination of the formulation and the brush gave me such poor results and no matter how much I tried to fix the look of my lashes with this product the worse it looked. I thought I would try Almay since I've never used their mascara before but I'm not repurchasing this one, into the bin it goes:(

About reviewer (420 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

2 years ago

This is an outstanding mascara and costs only $4.99 in Target. I happen to think it's a hidden gem at the drugstore, I never even hear it talked about on YouTube but I don't know why. It gives so much thickness and length, no clumping, separates each lash beautifully and doesn't smear or transfer after being on for hours and hours. My lashes look and feel silky and they keep that freshly applied look until I remove it with just soap and water. I highly recommend this one!!

About reviewer (112 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinNormal, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

1.0

2 years ago

This mascara causes build-up on my contacts. At first, I thought it was "user error" meaning I wasn't applying it correctly. Now, I know that isn't the case. I switch to one of your other brands, and it does NOT collect behind my contacts. For this reason, I am giving the Almay one coat THICKENING Waterproof mascara a 1 lipstick. SFinn

About reviewer (1 reviews)

SkinDry, Medium Brown

HairBlack

3 years ago

Wow! I was not expecting to have such luck with this brand. I am a contact wearer with sensitive eyes. All of the other drug store brand mascaras I've tried have ended up flaking and irritating my eyes a lot. I decided to give Almay a shot because they claim to be especially for sensitive skin. It only cost $4.99 for this tube of mascara at Target, and so to be honest I wasn't expecting much. The first time trying this, I was completely blown away! My eyelashes looked long, thick, beautiful, and clump free with just one coat. And the mascara lasts all day --not a single flake away. The best part is that this mascara also doesn't irritate my eyes. In fact, it actually feels kind of nice wearing it. Perhaps it's the conditioner it has in it. This is going to be my go-to mascara from now on.

About reviewer (17 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Fair, Not Sure

HairBlond, Wavy, Medium

3 years ago

Never have I raved about a mascara that isn't waterproof, but I'm raving right now. As long as I curl my lashes properly, this stuff gives me nice, dense, pretty lashes and I love that it comes in a black brown option. It's an average price for a drugstore mascara and it doesn't have an obnoxious, bubblegum colored, over the top tube. Just simple white and purple, so another thumbs up! I haven't noticed flaking, but then again I don't check for that really. Best washable mascara I've come across so far.

About reviewer (141 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

3 years ago

Wow, I was not prepared for a mascara home run from Almay! Not that I wasn't expecting much, I just prefer very dramatic lashes and I didn't foresee this making the grade. Maybe it was the kind of boring packaging, or the fact that Almay is not a brand that screams "GLAM" to me, but I really didn't know if I would like this mascara too much.. Well, every once in a while on my makeup journey I am very pleasantly surprised! This is pretty much a winner across the board- the price is decent ($8.99), it's a volumizing formula that holds a curl super well, doesn't flake, doesn't smudge. The wand is average-sized, so I guess Almay didn't get the memo that every new mascara has to have a wand either super thin or massively caterpillar-huge (good on them- not everyone is "into" those). If you're familiar with drugstore mascaras and looking for a comparison, I would say this achieves the same overall "look" as the Maybelline Lash Sensational or CG Super Sizer. The wand on the former is curved and a bit harder to apply; the wand on the latter is very small and thin. If you want volumized, curled lashes and don't mind just a regular spiral mascara wand, this One Coat is a great alternative for you. I was especially pleased that this mascara held a curl really well and didn't smudge at ALL after 10+ hours of wear. This is kind of a rarity for me with mascaras, so yes I will be repurchasing!

About reviewer (274 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair, Warm

HairBrunette, Curly, Fine

2.0

3 years ago

Provided good volume, but after four hours I had raccoon eyes, and it wasn't even hot outside. Actually, I was only outside for a few minutes & spent the rest of the time in an air-conditioned library. Maybe the waterproof formula will last longer... Will not repurchase.

About reviewer (3503 reviews)

SkinOily, Olive, Cool

HairBlack, Wavy, Medium

4 years ago

I love this mascara! It doesn't take more than two coats to get thicker looking lashes and the brush is the perfect size and shape for me (the one drawback of my all time favourite Almay Get Up and Grow which has the best formula IMO but it has an annoyingly huge bushy wand). I find that it builds at the base of the eyelash line and not the end of the lash so it doesn't look spidery, which is awesome. Overall a great find!

About reviewer (62 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral