L'Oreal L'Oreal Elnett Extra StrongHold UV Hair Spray - 11 oz.

L'Oreal L'Oreal Elnett Extra StrongHold UV Hair Spray - 11 oz.

3.6

on 11/17/2017 8:23:00 AM

Love this product! I have a sensitive scalp so I rarely use styling products in my hair, used this again last weekend and it was perfect. Doesn't leave hair with that stiff cardboard feeling after using it and you can run a brush through it easily enough!

The price however is unimpressive, I only ever buy it on sale!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

My hair is slippery. It's thick and soft, what's generally considered "good hair," but nothing will stay on or in it. Pins, barrettes, and elastics slide right out. No amount of mousse, gel, or spray will keep curls from disappearing an hour later. I can barely keep a baseball cap or winter beanie on my head.

In any case, for the partially shaved pompadour style I'm currently rocking, Elnett works. It keeps the combed over part in place under most conditions, and tames my flyaways nicely. It does make my hair a little sticky to the touch, but not intolerably so; it's great that the hold is flexible, not crunchy, and looks natural.

The scent is certainly very strong, but it smells exactly the way my mother's hairspray (bright teal can with pink geometric shapes on the label?) smelled, so there's no disconnect there. I do find that Elnett brushes out readily, although the scent hangs around forever. I can't speak to the efficacy of the UV filtering ingredient. My hair isn't color treated, but this was the only variety of Elnett I could find at the store. I'd like to try the regular unscented version in the future, but, failing that, this product is pretty much exactly what I need.

on 1/22/2016 1:37:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I used to make my friends buy me this when they went on vacation. I'm pretty much obsessed with it. I bought my first American can and so far it seems the same. Yes, the smell is odd. What can I say? You get used to it and my little girl said I smelled beautiful. It gives great hold without being too crunchy or wet.

It smells like bug spray to me, and is quite a strong scent. This is a different type of hairspray than I'm used to. It's quite light, but build able. I do not use it on my roots or to hold an up do. Instead, I use on the body of my hair when I wear it down. I have lots of fine hair that does not hold a curl, slips out of ponytails, and gets flyaways. If I'm curling my hair, I'll spray on before and after using a curling iron. Then I'll brush out, and do a final spritz before I leave the house. Because it brushes out well, I'm left with my own hair (non-crunchy, non-sticky). My hair feels a bit drier and thicker, and 'holds' better throughout the day. I suppose I use this more as a styling tool than a hairspray...but it works for me. I found an i scented version online, am planning to try that next,

on 11/10/2014 9:21:00 PM

I love this hairspray. I used this product in the early 80s when it was only $2 at Woolworth. I loved the sticky'ness and extra hold it provided. Fast forward to today and daymm,
how its improved! Great, invisible spray, non sticky and magical hold plus they now make an Unscented formula. I style as well as finish with it. The packaging is still the classic, slender, tall Gold can with a unique spray dispenser. The same gorgeous 70s looking model with that Raquel Welch look. $15 Rite Aid, $12 Walmart, $14 Walgreens. Classic.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

The mosquito-repellant-like STINK of this product is unforgivable. Seriously made me gag, it's so strong. I can't stomach it - through it out after using it once.

on 10/18/2014 6:01:00 PM

I hate this more than any product I have tried in a long time. First, the smell. I use insect repellent that smells far better than this. And it's not like the smell goes away, either. It stays with you for quite a while, and whatever room you are in when you spray it will reek for a long time. I could deal with that, if the performance of the product made it worth it. But no, it doesn't. I suppose if you are looking for a light, natural hold, it would work. But I want a hold that will last all day. And this isn't it. I found it held for a very short time.

I just don't get the hype with this. For the price and all the hype, I expected far more.

I heard hair stylists in the US were thrilled when this product finally became available here. It has a reputation for being the hair spray to use because while it helps to hold a style, it never builds up or feels stiff or sticky. I couldn't agree more. This is all I use now. It is a bit pricey, about $13.00 for a can. L'Oreal is kind enough to issue coupons every so often in the Sunday paper. Like they say, you're worth it.

I bought this after hearing how fabulous it was. I usually don't have an issue with scent but to me this hairspray stunk! I couldn't even suck it up I had to return it. I returned it for the unscented one which I hope is just as effective and obviously will be less strong of a smell.

on 1/24/2014 11:30:00 PM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

BEST hairspray out there. A lot of people have complained about the smell but they now make a nuns center version! It's not available everywhere but I bought mine online!

Popular Styling Products