Neal's Yard Frankincense Hydrating Cream

3.8

Not tested on animals

on 11/22/2017 11:03:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

After reading a review that recommended this I bought four samples off eBay. Trying to replace $200 moisturizer. Thus isn’t it. Very thick and I wake with my face still tacky and I’m not gunking it on. To make this melt I apply and take a very warm baby wash cloth and pat into my face. Was not impressed with product after two weeks of use without breaking out back to expensive which works much better for me.

on 5/14/2015 6:33:00 PM

Very soothing and I breakout easily but with this I don't at all. Excellent cream and I love the smell, calms me down. I have normal-oily skin and find this is enough hydration. If you're dry then go for the nourishing one

I got this free with a copy of In Style and hearing it's RRP to be on the right side of 10, I thought 'Hey, why not?' The consistency of the hand cream is very nice and thick and it moisturizes nicely. I really like the smell and would recommend this to anyone who likes to have a little tube of hand cream to carry with them when they're out and about.

on 12/22/2009 6:37:00 AM

I got this for free from In Style magazine, I kind of wish I bough more at the time!! well it's too late now but to be honest I didn't think this cream is brilliant until I got a bad cold at the moment, you all know what its like when you've been blowing your runny nose all the time during a cold, the skin around my nose is all raw and it hurts so much if I just use any moisturisers that I normally use and I thought Vichy should be fine coz it's supposed for sensitive skin, but guess what, no, ouch! and then i found this!! it's wonderful!! it doesnt hurt on my poor nose! i think for normal skin it doesnt absorb as well but when you want something without too many chemicals and soothing then this is your best bet :)

on 7/28/2009 11:44:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Well I got this as a free sample and found it to be too heavy for all over my face. Something in it may have contributed to a break out so I stopped using. I was looking for my under eye cream one day and thought i'd try this - well what do you know it works great and really does moisturise the skin, plumping the fine lines. It took me some time to get used to the fragrance but I love it now - sweet yet herbal.

Neal's Yard products are a tad on the pricey side and definately too pricey to be used just as an eye cream. If I could get my hands on a sample size every now and then i'd be set!

on 5/16/2009 11:00:00 AM

I got this as a gift from InStyle. after five days, I went to the supermarket to buy two more InStyle (thank god there were still some left). the texture is quite thick but if you warm it up in your palms first, it will absorb fast and nicely. I use it mostly as a night cream, and i do feel my face soft and bright every morning. I have acne-prone skin but this cream didn't give me break out at all. I think I will keep buying it.

on 5/9/2009 8:53:00 PM

I really wanted to like this. It does leave your skin lovely and soft. But I have tried it now 4 times and I have to admit defeat. Each and everytime I have used it I got big cystic spots on my chin. I get the occasional spot but nothing like this. I think it might have even caused me to have a little pit in my skin following one of the spots. I have been careful to avoid other new products and hormonal times of the month when using it. Unfortuantely it is this cream. The longest I tried it for was approx 10 days and my skin around my chin got worse than it has ever been but still I persisted but it just got worse.
I give up.
Perhaps if you have dry skin that doesn't break out I would really recommend this as it does leave your skin feeling lovely and soft.

on 4/30/2009 1:45:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Love this so much! I think it would suit oily/combo-skinned people at night when in warm or hot weather, and possibly as a day cream in cold or dry weather. I went to buy the Frankincense Nourishing Cream after reading the reviews for it on here, but came away with this new version, Frankincense Hydrating Cream, instead. They still do both of the Frankincense Creams, but the SA said the new, Hydrating one is not as heavy (which suits me better).

I'm using this at night (I use an SPF moisturiser during the day), and it so far it really suits my combo/oily skin (and I'm pretty oily...). It sinks in so well straight away and has this magic, unusual matte look and feel. In the morning I feel like my skin's been moisturised but it's not at all oily (a lot of creams, especially any 'night' ones, make me totally greasy by the morning and even the next day...).

It's expensive for me to buy here (Japan), but I know Neal's Yard is pretty reasonable in the UK and some other areas.

If it's not moisturising enough in the winter months, I'll try the Nourishing version, but I think this Hydrating one is going to be great night cream for spring and summer.

Summary:
Overall rating: excellent. Loving it!
Price: expensive, but then I'm buying it in Japan.
Packaging: it usually comes in a jar, which I, like lots of others, don't find to be that hygenic. But they do also do a travel-sized tube, which is exactly the same moisturiser.
Would you buy this product again? Yes. Neal's Yard comes out tops again.