Trish McEvoy Definer in Deep Aubergine

Trish McEvoy Definer in Deep Aubergine

4.7

on 7/28/2013 5:32:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

I already own this product in Black, Rich Brown, and Deep Amethyst (matte).

I like all of them, but found the Deep Amethyst to be just a tiny bit blue for me, since I have very green eyes.

So, when Trishmcevoy.com ran a 20%-off-plus-free-shipping deal, I decided to try Deep Aubergine.

The site doesn’t specify whether Deep Aubergine is matte or shimmer, so I asked an online representative, and she verified that it’s matte, as I’d suspected and hoped for.

So I fired off an order for Deep Aubergine, and I’m quite glad I did. As the other reviewers observed, at first glance, Deep Aubergine just looks like a matte dark brown. However, when I placed it side by side with Rich Brown, the difference is obvious; Deep Aubergine has a decided plum tone. On the skin, moistened with Inglot Duraline, it looks dark, almost black, but has that subtle hint of plum that softly plays up the green of my eyes, while giving a less harsh effect than black.

Used with Duraline, over the Eye Base Essentials on my super-oily lids, Deep Aubergine wears beautifully, staying color-true and un-smudged for at least six hours.

Like the other Eye Definers, Deep Aubergine features intense pigmentation, easy and smooth application (I use a MAC 210), long wear, and that softly defined look that I love.

It’s a bit on the pricey side at $18, and I wish it came with a compact, but I’d gladly buy Deep Aubergine again. Best of all, Trish McEvoy is a cruelty-free company, so I can buy with a clear conscience.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Grey, Curly, Fine

I was at Saks Fifth Avenue and came upon the Trish McEvoy counter as I am still in the search for a foundation. They sold me the palest shade in the tinted moisturizer, which I HATED. However..this is the BOMB!! I also got this in the deep amythest, carribean blue and deep brown. My search for the perfect eyeliner is over. I have tried them all, from gel, to cream, to pencil, to liquid and even cake and this is THE BEST, bar NONE!!! I buy the Finishline, that you apply to the brush that makes this go on very smooth and matte. It is absolutely a HG for me from now on!! And the price is reasonable!!! For reference, I am about to be 53 in a few weeks and have very pale skin, blue red undertones, and blue green eyes. GET IT, YOU WILL LOVE IT!!

on 8/14/2007 4:28:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I bought this based soley on the reviews here, sight unseen. I'm always in search of the perfect liner to make my greenish eyes really green or pop. This didn't do it. It's an okay color, but the formula is great. I'll look at other colors of the same product and will probably keep using this, but won't rebuy this specific color.

Oh, and if anyone knows of an actual compact to hold these, please let me know! I'm using the disposable plastic thing it came in.

on 5/12/2006 8:07:00 PM

This is a densely pigmented powder eyeliner in a deep reddish brown shade (aubergine it's not - more like chocolate). With a good brush you can get a really precise application, wet or dry, and it's easy to smudge out too. The shade is perfect for making my green eyes pop, and it applies densely straight away, no need to build up layers. Lasting power is not eternal, but no worse than any similar product. At the end of the day I find I've still got plenty of product left right next to the lashes, though any on the lid tends to fade out quite a bit. Another minus is that it comes completely unpackaged - you need to buy a Trish charger or planner page for it, or use your own palette. But the product itself is second only to Trish's gel liner in the same shade.

on 7/5/2005 2:46:00 PM

This makes my green eyes pop and stays true all day. I will continue to buy over and over again.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This color is the best thing for hazel and green eyes. Simply gorgeous. I WOULD repurchase if I ran out or if it crumbled, but I probably won't ever run out.

on 9/4/2002 4:25:00 PM

Deep Aubergine is a color I can truly say I could not live without. I have worn it for years. So pretty on green eyes. Heavily pigmented. Creates a beautiful line with Brush 11 or Trish smudge brush. A staple of mine.