Trish McEvoy Definer in Deep Aubergine

Filtered by skin type : Very Oily
Trish McEvoy Definer in Deep Aubergine

on 7/28/2013 5:32:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

I already own this product in Black, Rich Brown, and Deep Amethyst (matte).

I like all of them, but found the Deep Amethyst to be just a tiny bit blue for me, since I have very green eyes.

So, when Trishmcevoy.com ran a 20%-off-plus-free-shipping deal, I decided to try Deep Aubergine.

The site doesn’t specify whether Deep Aubergine is matte or shimmer, so I asked an online representative, and she verified that it’s matte, as I’d suspected and hoped for.

So I fired off an order for Deep Aubergine, and I’m quite glad I did. As the other reviewers observed, at first glance, Deep Aubergine just looks like a matte dark brown. However, when I placed it side by side with Rich Brown, the difference is obvious; Deep Aubergine has a decided plum tone. On the skin, moistened with Inglot Duraline, it looks dark, almost black, but has that subtle hint of plum that softly plays up the green of my eyes, while giving a less harsh effect than black.

Used with Duraline, over the Eye Base Essentials on my super-oily lids, Deep Aubergine wears beautifully, staying color-true and un-smudged for at least six hours.

Like the other Eye Definers, Deep Aubergine features intense pigmentation, easy and smooth application (I use a MAC 210), long wear, and that softly defined look that I love.

It’s a bit on the pricey side at $18, and I wish it came with a compact, but I’d gladly buy Deep Aubergine again. Best of all, Trish McEvoy is a cruelty-free company, so I can buy with a clear conscience.

on 7/22/2002 5:08:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

Deep Aubergine is one of my favorite liners. Trish's liners are very pigmented so they make a great line and last forever! Deep Aubergine is a non-shimmery eggplant that looks great on brown and green eyes.