Trish McEvoy Definer in Deep Aubergine

Filtered by skin type : Combination
Trish McEvoy Definer in Deep Aubergine

4.7

on 5/12/2006 8:07:00 PM

This is a densely pigmented powder eyeliner in a deep reddish brown shade (aubergine it's not - more like chocolate). With a good brush you can get a really precise application, wet or dry, and it's easy to smudge out too. The shade is perfect for making my green eyes pop, and it applies densely straight away, no need to build up layers. Lasting power is not eternal, but no worse than any similar product. At the end of the day I find I've still got plenty of product left right next to the lashes, though any on the lid tends to fade out quite a bit. Another minus is that it comes completely unpackaged - you need to buy a Trish charger or planner page for it, or use your own palette. But the product itself is second only to Trish's gel liner in the same shade.

on 12/31/2005 9:37:00 PM

I thought this was going to be shimmery, but when I bought it, I found out it is matte. Almost took it back, but decided to try it and I really like these definers. The color is so richly pigmented, and the line it made was perfect.
The color is suppose to be a deep purpley brown, but it shows up more of a deep brown, I can't really see any purple in it. Love it, and hope to get other colors soon!

on 3/28/2005 12:10:00 AM

This is a great color that can be used as a liner with almost any color.

on 3/6/2005 7:29:00 PM

This is the greatest thing since sliced bread, and the wheel! I have been a pencil person most of my makeup years, with the occasional excursion into liquid eyeliner, but this gives a totally different look. You can make it "smokey", or a thin line close to the lashes, or a combination of the two and the possibilities are endless. I have been having so much fun with different brushes and this beautiful plum-brown shade. I have green eyes, and this makes them show up more than any pencil ever did. I am sold on this.

on 12/19/2004 2:35:00 AM

Beautiful color! Deep, rich plummy-brown. I am a MAC NW20, dark hair, blue eyes, generally stay away from brown tones but this isn't a typical brown - that touch of plum makes all the difference, and it is an outstanding color, really makes my eyes stand out.

on 10/26/2004 11:10:00 PM

Unfortunately I really, really like Trish's Eye Definer's. Deep Aubergine is a plummy brown that is very matte. It looks great with almost any eye look and is very versatile. I am a PPP and it works great on me. Everyone should own one. I like to apply mine with a wet lining brush because I get better control while lining.

on 9/1/2004 1:35:00 PM

Love! This went right into my petite planner with no fuss or rearranging. Great eyeliner! Eyeliner is my problem product because of smearing running etc. This stays and looks natural all day. Can't even wipe it off!! Great color for anyone!

on 3/5/2003 3:40:00 PM

Great liner shade from Trish. At first I was skeptical about the Trish definers...they looked like any other dark powder shadows. Boy was I wrong. These super-pigmented liners go on with ease and really stay put. Deep Aubergine is a gorgeous matte plummy brown shade. Very wearable on every skintone.

on 2/22/2003 9:32:00 PM

I love the quality of TM's definers. I don't think any other brand I've tried is better in terms of how well these work as liners shadows just because the pigment is so highly concentrated. This color is a nice matte brownish plum.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This color is the best thing for hazel and green eyes. Simply gorgeous. I WOULD repurchase if I ran out or if it crumbled, but I probably won't ever run out.