Trish McEvoy Definer in Deep Aubergine

Trish McEvoy Definer in Deep Aubergine

4.8

on 8/14/2007 4:28:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I bought this based soley on the reviews here, sight unseen. I'm always in search of the perfect liner to make my greenish eyes really green or pop. This didn't do it. It's an okay color, but the formula is great. I'll look at other colors of the same product and will probably keep using this, but won't rebuy this specific color.

Oh, and if anyone knows of an actual compact to hold these, please let me know! I'm using the disposable plastic thing it came in.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

MUA's reviewers are right as usual--This eyeshadow (which I apply dry as an eyeliner) is great. It stays on through my workouts, and is indeed densely pigmented (like a really deep brown).
I ordered it online, and it came in a disposable plastic container.
When I went to Sephora in search of a case for it, a sweet saleswoman suggested I order one from Beauty Buffet. It's perfect for it (magnetized, so you can just plop the eyeshadow right in).
Edit:
Unfortunately, this has parabens, so I won't be repurchasing (if ever I run out).

on 5/12/2006 8:07:00 PM

This is a densely pigmented powder eyeliner in a deep reddish brown shade (aubergine it's not - more like chocolate). With a good brush you can get a really precise application, wet or dry, and it's easy to smudge out too. The shade is perfect for making my green eyes pop, and it applies densely straight away, no need to build up layers. Lasting power is not eternal, but no worse than any similar product. At the end of the day I find I've still got plenty of product left right next to the lashes, though any on the lid tends to fade out quite a bit. Another minus is that it comes completely unpackaged - you need to buy a Trish charger or planner page for it, or use your own palette. But the product itself is second only to Trish's gel liner in the same shade.

on 12/31/2005 9:37:00 PM

I thought this was going to be shimmery, but when I bought it, I found out it is matte. Almost took it back, but decided to try it and I really like these definers. The color is so richly pigmented, and the line it made was perfect.
The color is suppose to be a deep purpley brown, but it shows up more of a deep brown, I can't really see any purple in it. Love it, and hope to get other colors soon!

on 3/28/2005 12:10:00 AM

This is a great color that can be used as a liner with almost any color.

on 7/28/2013 5:32:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

I already own this product in Black, Rich Brown, and Deep Amethyst (matte).

I like all of them, but found the Deep Amethyst to be just a tiny bit blue for me, since I have very green eyes.

So, when Trishmcevoy.com ran a 20%-off-plus-free-shipping deal, I decided to try Deep Aubergine.

The site doesn’t specify whether Deep Aubergine is matte or shimmer, so I asked an online representative, and she verified that it’s matte, as I’d suspected and hoped for.

So I fired off an order for Deep Aubergine, and I’m quite glad I did. As the other reviewers observed, at first glance, Deep Aubergine just looks like a matte dark brown. However, when I placed it side by side with Rich Brown, the difference is obvious; Deep Aubergine has a decided plum tone. On the skin, moistened with Inglot Duraline, it looks dark, almost black, but has that subtle hint of plum that softly plays up the green of my eyes, while giving a less harsh effect than black.

Used with Duraline, over the Eye Base Essentials on my super-oily lids, Deep Aubergine wears beautifully, staying color-true and un-smudged for at least six hours.

Like the other Eye Definers, Deep Aubergine features intense pigmentation, easy and smooth application (I use a MAC 210), long wear, and that softly defined look that I love.

It’s a bit on the pricey side at $18, and I wish it came with a compact, but I’d gladly buy Deep Aubergine again. Best of all, Trish McEvoy is a cruelty-free company, so I can buy with a clear conscience.

on 11/4/2009 9:36:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

There is nothing more I can really add to all of the great reviews already here....but to say I love this! Very beautiful color, smooth as silk application, and lasts pretty well all day. I use this with Mac Shroom over my lid, and this in the crease and as my liner under and over my eyes. Very pretty! I've got this in Bronze too which I love. I want to try some other colors too. I also love her eyeshadows. I want to try more of her line....

on 6/22/2009 10:18:00 PM

I have used the charcoal definer for years and loved it. On MUA recommendations bought the aubergine and love it almost as much. It goes on smoothly and richly and it 's a beautiful deep eggplant, complements purple eyeshadows beautifully. Expensive for something that comes in a little plastic container and requires pricey compacts. Still love it!

on 3/7/2009 9:03:00 AM

I normally find powder liners difficult to apply and prefer the ease of a pencil, but this "cakier" liner is fantastic. You get great pigment and definition instantly so that you do not need to keep going over your eye. This color is a beautiful deep plum that is dark enough to truly add definition to your eyes and lashes. The color holds all day and does not flake. I am a brown eyed girl, and this one makes my eyes pop. I apply it with a Bobbi Brown eyeliner brush.

on 11/10/2008 11:22:00 PM

I have resisted buying this eyeliner for a long time and finally caved. I am so glad that I did. It is the perfect 'not too dark for work' eyeliner and looks awesome with my hazel eyes! Just a bit of sparkle and adding more 'layers' this quickly becomes a great 'evening' look! A must have for me!