Trish McEvoy Definer in Deep Aubergine

Filtered by age: 30-35
Trish McEvoy Definer in Deep Aubergine

4.6

on 3/7/2009 9:03:00 AM

I normally find powder liners difficult to apply and prefer the ease of a pencil, but this "cakier" liner is fantastic. You get great pigment and definition instantly so that you do not need to keep going over your eye. This color is a beautiful deep plum that is dark enough to truly add definition to your eyes and lashes. The color holds all day and does not flake. I am a brown eyed girl, and this one makes my eyes pop. I apply it with a Bobbi Brown eyeliner brush.

on 8/14/2007 4:28:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I bought this based soley on the reviews here, sight unseen. I'm always in search of the perfect liner to make my greenish eyes really green or pop. This didn't do it. It's an okay color, but the formula is great. I'll look at other colors of the same product and will probably keep using this, but won't rebuy this specific color.

Oh, and if anyone knows of an actual compact to hold these, please let me know! I'm using the disposable plastic thing it came in.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

MUA's reviewers are right as usual--This eyeshadow (which I apply dry as an eyeliner) is great. It stays on through my workouts, and is indeed densely pigmented (like a really deep brown).
I ordered it online, and it came in a disposable plastic container.
When I went to Sephora in search of a case for it, a sweet saleswoman suggested I order one from Beauty Buffet. It's perfect for it (magnetized, so you can just plop the eyeshadow right in).
Edit:
Unfortunately, this has parabens, so I won't be repurchasing (if ever I run out).

on 5/12/2006 8:07:00 PM

This is a densely pigmented powder eyeliner in a deep reddish brown shade (aubergine it's not - more like chocolate). With a good brush you can get a really precise application, wet or dry, and it's easy to smudge out too. The shade is perfect for making my green eyes pop, and it applies densely straight away, no need to build up layers. Lasting power is not eternal, but no worse than any similar product. At the end of the day I find I've still got plenty of product left right next to the lashes, though any on the lid tends to fade out quite a bit. Another minus is that it comes completely unpackaged - you need to buy a Trish charger or planner page for it, or use your own palette. But the product itself is second only to Trish's gel liner in the same shade.

on 8/9/2005 10:03:00 AM

I love the quality of Trish's eye definers. This color is a beautiful plummy-brown. It makes my blue eyes stand out and looks very natural. I apply it wet with my BB eyeliner brush and then smudge it with Trish's smudge brush. It last's all day and does not flake.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Trish McEvoy definers are phenominal - they are very pigmented, user friendly, and, in my experience, have never crumbled. They seem to last forever.
This color is such a dark eggplant that even the most trained eye might think you were wearing black or dark brown liner - but the subtle color difference is enough to make eyes pop. Whites look whiter, greens look greener, blues look...you get the idea.

on 10/26/2004 11:10:00 PM

Unfortunately I really, really like Trish's Eye Definer's. Deep Aubergine is a plummy brown that is very matte. It looks great with almost any eye look and is very versatile. I am a PPP and it works great on me. Everyone should own one. I like to apply mine with a wet lining brush because I get better control while lining.

on 9/4/2002 4:25:00 PM

Deep Aubergine is a color I can truly say I could not live without. I have worn it for years. So pretty on green eyes. Heavily pigmented. Creates a beautiful line with Brush 11 or Trish smudge brush. A staple of mine.