Eminence Organic Skin Care Organic Skin Care - Stone Crop Serum

Eminence Organic Skin Care Organic Skin Care - Stone Crop Serum

3.5

Not tested on animals

Stone Crop Juice, Bearberry Extract, Stone Crop Pulp, Green Tea Extract, Rosemary, Sage, Thyme, Glycerine (Plant Source), Natural Moisturizing Factor, Lavender Extract, Glycine Derivative, Xanthan Gum, Biocomplex (Vitamin A, Ester C, Vitamin E, Coenzyme Q10, Alpha Lipoic Acid), Lavender Oil, Chlorophyl.

Yeah... I got this under recommendation from the store clerk. Look, it sounds nice, feels nice, and is soothing. I'll give it that. But it did absolutely zilch for my skin (besides made it feel nice). And I'm not surprised why. There's no scientific ingredients in this serum. No Vitamin C, no retinol, no peptides, etc. etc. You can spend all the money you want on nice sounding herbs and plants, but ultimately - it's science that matters. So while its a feel good serum, its also a do nothing one (for me).

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I think this is a beautiful "green" serum for those people with combo/oily skin.

I am quite dry and although this product claims to be very hydrating, I don't think it does the trick for my Sahara skin (I have to layer something on top of it). The consistency is a bit weird, just like the colour of the product, but it feels very watery on the skin and gets absorbed in one minute.

I do talk more about the ingredients and anti-ageing properties of this serum in a separate review (http://www.partyparrotblog.com/single-post/2018/01/23/One-For-Organic-Skincare-Lovers) but if keeping short - it does a lovely job at calming and rejuvenating the skin, same as helping with scarring.

If you want a very light serum, which is packed with amazing ingredients, check it out.

on 7/10/2017 9:50:00 PM

This product evened my skin tone beautifully, as well as giving it a slight glow. I found it nicely hydrating, too. I see other not so good reviews, but for me this product is perfection.

on 5/4/2017 5:41:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

While I love the Stone Crop Gel Wash, the serum from the same line was a big miss for me. I found it to be quite irritating.

on 7/6/2014 6:53:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

i just bought 4 bottles of these. the smell is great, it is hydrating, healing, calming and it supposes to help with pigmentation which that part i am not sure of. my skin feels better with this serum.

on 6/30/2013 8:37:00 AM

My AWESOME dermatologist Dr. Debra Price, introduced me to this product. I was suffering from a horrible case of hyper pigmentation and major acne flares. I was so self conscious about my face that I became socially withdrawn. There were days that I couldn't stand to look in the mirror. And when I would look in the mirror, I would see nothing but ugly acne marks. Some spots where old and some were reddish looking , my face looked absolutely dull. Finally, I decided to go see Dr. Debra Price and she introduced me to the stone crop serum. I was a bit hesitant about buying this since it's like $38 for a full size bottle. And not to mention that this would be the first time I had ever purchased a facial treatment product that cost so much. After a month of applying this product 2xs a day, in the morning & at night under my moisturizer, I was not seeing any improvement. I did start to see a difference in my face though, it was a lot more radiant. Almost as if it was brightening my face first and then working on my spots. By the time that I finished the bottle my face looked amazing. I no longer had to put on makeup before leaving my house. My self esteem was at it's healthiest & while I did not see improvement in my face throughout the entire treatment process, others did. I used this product along with the Skincuticles Pigment Regulator. I also made sure to use a face moisturizer with SPF, to prevent discoloration. This product works ladies, and it's organic! it's great for your skin . Your skin needs time to recover from all the damage it has been put through. My advice to everyone who is using or considering using this product is : Good things come to those who wait. Patience & consistency is the key.

This is my HG night serum which I can easily use on it's own as I have very acne/clog/oily prone skin. I had loved the Stone crop Wash and Tonique when I started out trying this line ove ra year ago and really amazing benefits in balancing/moisture/fading marks. I use the Pink Grapefruit Gel in the morning and moisturizer and serum wise with others I have tried did not have any luck as they were jsut too heavy for me. I tried several other Eminence serums that are raved and recommended for my skin type yet shockingly they felt tacky and never sunk into my skin. I stayed away from trying this one out for that reason as it claims to be really hydrating and assumed if would be even heavier than the others. I got it in a swap a while back and was super surprised it works amazingly and sinks into my skin like water while leaving my perfectly hydrated yet not oily. Makes no sense as it is supposed to be heavier. It oddly is lighter for me that even the Stone Crop gel which I tried as well. I prefer it as sadly the gels go kind of fast as opposed to how concentrated all the other products I have tried are. Love the droppers in the serum and that they do go a long way. Best serum in the line for hydrating and evening skin tone as an alternative to chemicals like AHA. If I had dry skin I would jump for the Stone Crop Moisturizer in a heart beat. Definitely curious to try the Strawberry HA & Couperose C Serums as my last lemmings but fear they might have that tacky film/never sinking in effect as all the other serums seem to have on me. I hate that you can buy samples of all Eminence products for the most part aside from the serums, would be a big help to not have to deal with online returns. What can I do, my skin never likes anything easily available locally or good for my wallet lol.

on 8/18/2011 1:52:00 PM

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

A nice simple serum that will provide extra hydration when needed. A nice bonus is that it's packaged in glass with an easy to use eye dropper. The only con is the price.

on 6/10/2011 12:22:00 PM

Skin: Other, Dark, Not Sure

I also bought the sample Stone crop line to fade some dark spots i have on my face..I have been using the products for about 3 months..My spots are gradually starting to lighten..I havent seen any dramatic changes, but my face is starting to look more even toned and glowy..I will update you guys in a few months.

on 8/11/2010 5:19:00 PM

I bought the sample pack for the Stone Crop line (I think they call it "starter set"), which contained a full size (1oz) of the serum plus samples (.5 oz each, I think) of cleanser, gel moisturizer, cream moisturizer, and masque. I wanted it for the pigmentation problem, but after using it for 1 month, as far as I can see, it does not treat pigmentation, though it does control how oily I get (from hormone changes). I had to blot my face 2 - 3 times a day before using this, but this has really taken care of the oil slick on my face. For that reason alone, I give this 3 lippies.

The bottle is great - has an eyedropper so you can control how much product is used. I've used about half of the product in about 4 weeks. The starter set was about $60, but I think the serum is $38 for 1oz, sold separately. I don't think I'll repurchase, as I think the eight green has the same oil control effect and I'll be trying that next.