Kat Von D Gypsy Palette [DISCONTINUED]

Kat Von D Gypsy Palette [DISCONTINUED]
Kat Von D LE Gypsy palette (Spring '09)Kat Von D Gypsy PaletteGypsy Palette [DISCONTINUED]

3.9

on 3/23/2011 5:08:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This is my favorite of Kat's eyeshadow palettes. I'm truly sad that it is a DC'd product. The greens in this palette are wonderful. I feel that 34.00 for 8 eyeshadows of this quality is a great price. I gave the packaging a 4... I LOVE the packaging of this product but I wish it would have been better designed to keep the cream shadow from drying out...
If I had the opportunity, I would repurchase this palette. I feel it will be the first palette I ever use up.

on 3/6/2010 1:32:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Colours are beautiful but I find some of them difficult to blend. The Cream shadow (brass knuckles? i think) is kind of dry and does not apply well. I love the shadows on the left side and tend to use these the most. Such a cute palette beautiful design.

on 11/29/2009 2:06:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

It was love at first sight with gypsy. It was my first Kat Von D purchase and she made an even bigger fan out of me! I also own the True Love palette (recent purchase) but Gypsy is hands down my favorite. The colors in here all all very wearable on me (they make my green eyes POP) and I wear all of them except the black one. (I hate that the color is in all her palettes too.) The shadows go on buttery smooth and are so pigmented and look beautiful. They last a long time when applied too. I am not wild about the cream shadow (the yellow) but the one in her True Love Palette is really nice. I am in love with the lime green shade, as well as well... the rest of the greens. You can make a bomb, alternative smokey GREEN eye look that still is natural but different and fun. The brown color in here has some green specks (kind of similar to the mac pro green-brown pigment, also beautiful.) and it really helps me create that green smokey eye and makes it more natural looking. Seriously.. This is SO SO SO great and I could go on about this but to really understand, just go buy it and try it! Finally I just have to discuss the case. I love the artwork on it. Its a bit of a pain to crack open the case, and the little brushes that come with it are a joke, so I throw them away. Anyways, Kat Von D makeup = <3. I want to get the Ludwig palette next! LOVE LOVE LOVE!

I am so thankful Kat has expanded her creativity and flair into the makeup industry!

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

How have I not reviewed this yet??
I'm a huge fan of the Kat Von D palettes and Gypsy is probably one of my favourites, if not my very favourite of them all.
The colours are stunning. Beautiful greens, a pretty brown shade that isn't too warm and a great matte black. The only shadow here that I'm not a fan of is the gold cream, Brass Knuckles. My lids can get quite oily so dealing with cream shadows means a lot of work & I'm not a huge fan of golds, especially such yellowy golds, so Brass Knuckles is largely ignored.
The deep green with the green glitter flecks has to be my favourite shadow here. I love using it to make a green smoky eye with either one of the lighter greens or the brown in the crease, the white/green iridescent on the inner corner & the black on the outer eye.
The brown/green iridescent shade reminds me a lot of MAC's Club. It's a shade I'd never really reach for due to the reddish cast. However, if I layer it over a black shadow or base, it eliminates the red tones & really pulls out the green turning it into a very beautiful shade.
I do find some of the shades a little more powdery than previous palettes but it's not an issue. Tapping my brush on the back of my hand gets rid of excess shadow and stops any fall-out occurring.
Once again, the packaging is stunning. I like the fact that the Kat Von D tag was done in green here (blue for Metal Orchestra, Purple for True Romance) as it makes it easier to distinguish between them all when I'm blindly grabbing for my palettes in a rush (Beethoven & Ludwig have identical packaging, I have to open them to find the one I want).
Good sized mirror. Not great for doing a full face but certainly works for touch-ups. The tiny brushes are next to useless, they might do for lining in a pinch but not for applying your shadows.
All in all, another win from Kat's line.

on 2/19/2010 1:57:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

this is a great palette of greens. The shades on the left are all fantastic (black, brown/green, brown, white/green). The cream seems a bit rough and hard to work with, I have not put this on my lid yet but will update when I do.
The greens on the right side have a nice golden tone to them, and the dark green w/glitter works well as liner. I wouldn't wear it in the crease for daytime, but maybe for night.
The shadows do seem a bit different in consistency than the Ludwig palette; you have to swipe them more to get enough color on whereas with Ludwig you have to carefully tap the brush or you get way too much pigment.
They have good staying power (I've only used them over ELF's mineral eye primer), and good pigmentation. I would buy again, but seeing as how it's already DC'd, that's not really possible.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Of all of her palettes, Gypsy is not my favorite. I like the palette I just don't get as much wear from it as I do with True Love, Metal Orchestra, and Beethoven. The consistency of the cream in this palette wasn't very good. However you definitely can create some pretty green looks with it.

on 9/12/2009 5:34:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

This is my final review after having reviewed all the true romance palettes by Kat Von D. This one is no different than the rest. Huge fallout and dusty consistency. Due to the high pigment, the fallout gets smeared all over your cheeks and your face ends up being a mess. I love the colors in all the palettes. I'm lucky because my green eyes look blue sometimes, so all the palette colors are workable. However, due to the less than stellar quality of the shadows, all 4 palettes are a disappointment to me. Such a shame because I really do love the colors. Just too much work for me. I need strong color payoff along with blendability. I didn't find that here. I am investing in the rest of the Ben Nye shadows I don't already have.

on 11/23/2009 3:39:00 PM

The shadows in this palette seem fluffier than in the others. Because of the consistency, there's lots more fall out. The colors themselves are gorgeous -- and perfect for brown-eyed girls. I especially like the brown/green duochrome, the gold cream shadow (makes a lovely base) and the dark green w/ sparkles. The sad thing about the cream shadow is that it dried out super fast so I have to scrape it out of the pan when I want to use it. It's a bit more effort than I wanted to put forth for eyeshadow application, and an issue I've had with all the cream shadows offered in the other KVD palettes.

on 11/22/2009 11:14:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Cool

Beautiful Colors but not worth it because of all of the fall out.

I bought this palette because I needed more greens and yellows in my e/s collection. I thought $34 seems like a lot but I do not regret buying this. The packaging is so pretty and it comes with two double ended brushes, which I haven't used yet because I have better brushes of my own. The third color from the right, I think it's called Birdcage, I absolutely adore! It's slightly limey green but it looks gorgeous on my eyes. The only con is that the cream e/s, fifth from left, is a little hard to work with but the color is very pretty. These are all highly pigmented. I read a lot of negative reviews on this but IMO, I love this palette. It's not for everyone.