MAC Tender Tryst See Thru Lip colour

No Image

4.1

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Lovely product, nice gel based formula- doesn't stay on for too longer, but stays on alittle longer than Rimmel etc ; I found the fowmula to stay unless unless I had food/drinks.

Really very nice color a plummy/wine shade looks like a berry shade like you just got out of the cold would look great teamed with pink/plum blush - not boring like some lip tints and certainly not flat so a clear lip gloss/balm (for moisture too as its alittle dry like mos stains can be) would go well- formula is not as pigmented as shown when in tube and it is very fresh looking when applied although it has a slight pearly finish unlike many other stains that I have come across.
Great for day and night.
Pricey for a tiny tube, but a lovely color, I love lip stains as you can team them with different glosses for a lovely shade. The shade can be flattering on various skin tones.

LOVE LOVE LOVE

on 11/29/2009 11:31:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

It's no secret trysts for me with Tender Tryst - I declare my infatuation with this color openly & freely!
Though there are certainly some cons to this product, I find that my love of the color and the effect it produces overrides that which disappoints me. TT is on point with the current trend - it's a deep, wine color which, upon application, turns into a just-bitten, berry color on the lips. It's a sexy, sophisticated look with just a hint of innocence - the application isn't heavy, as it is a stain, so it looks like it could be the natural flush of your lips... if you've been chewing on raspberries & blackberries all day. It looks fabulous with neutral eyes (or a cat-eye, for a bit more allure) and flushed, plummy cheeks... a simple but effective way to brighten your face.
I love pressing a sheer wine colored balm on my lips (I use the Crown Rubies lip balm from Fresh's Imperial Bedroom Palette) to added some needed moisture, and a bit of shine, to the look. The see thru lip color formulation can be drying, which is why it's essential to use a chapstick beforehand (sometimes I apply it over my balm, as it helps create a smoother, glossier application) or a balm/gloss on top. And, even as that balm or gloss fades, your lips will always have color to them thanks to the stain.
My only other complain is the quantity, which is its second pitfall, as it is the size of the holiday trial lippies... but for the same price.
Nonetheless, I love the look it gives & the feeling it imparts... so I urge you to think about having your own tender tryst with this particular see thru lip color.

Skin: Normal, Other, Warm

Tender Tryst is my first foray into the lip stain realm, I bought it during MAC's latest online sale. I am surprisingly pleased with this product! I love the color, which is buildable, and I even like the odd wet/cool sensation that I get when applying it. The downsides are that it is a little bit drying and you get such a small amount of product, as others have pointed out. (I hope that's not becoming a trend with MAC, but I really fear it is: pigments and dazzleglasses are being packaged with less product these days.) If I ever see this at my CCO I will definitely snatch up another.

My first See Thru Colour by MAC and I love it. Perfect, sexy colour, not too light, not too dark. I like to put dazzleglass on top - looks fantastic.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Neutral

Tender Tryst is a dark wine, color that is very beautiful on pigmented lips like mine. Alone, TT is drying, but when it is used with clear lip gloss, it really comes alive. It is half the size of a regular MAC gloss and applies like a gel-water based solution. I'm not sure I would repurchase this one because it is much too small for the price and very Drying.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I adore lipstains and I got this today! Tender Tryst is a lovely berry wine colour which looks amazing. I love the consistency of this gel based stain and having tried Mac's previous LR stain ( I can't remember which collection it was from), this wears so much better! Maybe it's because I moisturised my lips first with Aesop's Rosehip Seed Lip Cream but my lips look soft and kissable!

on 4/28/2009 1:21:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

I LOVE lip stains, and have tried Revlon's, Stila's and Urban Decay's lip stains.

While I liked the stains made by the above brands, I'd heard that MAC's See Thru lip colors, unfortunately not featured in the permanent line but typically appearing in the spring/summer as LE items, are really something special.

Tender Tryst *is* very special! I love the unique gel formula, which makes the stain apply more or less like a gloss.

It's true that Tender Tryst looks kind of intimidatingly dark in the tube, but smooth the lightweight gel formula over exfoliated lips, let it dry, and you'll have a delicious soft plum wine stain with a bit of a pearly sheen. Tender Tryst is, at least to me, sort of like Euroflash lipstick in stain form.

I would absolutely buy again, and tiny as this tube is, I may actually *need* to buy more soon. MAC needs to make these excellent stains part of their permanent line.

on 4/25/2009 12:33:00 AM

Very pretty plummy wine with a metallic sheen. It looks a bit much when first applied but dries down to a nice subtle pearl. I actually didn't purchase it because I've bought other lip stains before which were the same size as lipglass, not tiny like these are! The colour's pretty but I'm sure I've got something similar in my collection. If there was more product I would probably have picked it up.

on 4/24/2009 3:48:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I've never tried see thru lip colours before, or any lip stain for that matter but the instant I tried this, it was love. Initially I was a little bit critical of the product and didn't think I would get it because of how metallic it looked in swatches and the tube, but when I tried it on it melted into my lips for a beautiful plummy stain. It is a gorgeous product and my only wish is that the bottle wasn't so darn TINY! I will have to get back ups of this one!

Popular Lips Products