Urban Decay Get Baked Palette [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by hair type : Straight
Urban Decay Get Baked Palette [DISCONTINUED]

4.7

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

This was the first UD purchase I ever made (and possibly my last). I didn't like either the Sin primer or the liner. And I was far from impressed about the e/s. Yes, they are definitely pigmented and butter soft, but I found them OTT and almost too soft, which is a personal preference, of course. All the colors are super glittery and in a very noticeable way. Flipside is kind of completely useless for me and the only color that will get substantial use is Twice Baked. So, I don't hate this palette but neither is it something I reach for regularly. I actually like the WnW Vanity palette more because the colors are more varied and more wearable...Oh, well, a real MUAer must experiment, right?

on 10/30/2010 7:59:00 PM

i like this palette. the colors are great with wonderful pay off.... EXCEPT flipside. its so beautiful in the pan but it does NOT have the pigmentation once applied. flipside doesn't last very long on and isnt nearly as pretty. i hate bourbon eyeliner!! it would be nice but i actually have fallout from the glitter in it. every once in a while i'll look in the mirror and voila, silver glitter on my face from eyeliner!

on 9/6/2010 10:30:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Looove this palette, the colors are fun yet everyday appropriate. The shadows are so soft and go on like silk. The pigment is amazing as well. My one gripe is about flipside, just wish it was a little more pigmented. It takes a bit to get it the color you see in the palette to come through

on 8/8/2010 2:47:00 PM

Love this palette, and the eyeshadows are like butter, only thing is Flipside could be a little more pigmented. Cute packaging and amazing eyeshadows = LOVE

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

I just recently got this in a swap and I must say, I am LOVING IT! It is a great palette to use everyday for an effortless neutral eye look. I love how it has 3 neutral eyeshadows and then an unexpected turquoise eyeshadow. Words can't even describe how awesome this palette is so the only thing I can say is this: GET THIS PALETTE! You won't be disappointed! :))

Bought this when it went on clearance at Sephora- love the colors and it is perfect for summer. As most UD shadows, they are well pigmented and blend beautifully. This is my go-to for summer days.

on 4/9/2010 12:32:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

I absolutely ADORE this palette. I got this full price about a little less than a year ago. I believe it's $18 now on sale at Ulta etc. These shadows are so pigmented that I didn't bother buying a back up because this will probably last me for years (hopefully). I am about NC30 or 35 in mac and have that complicated gold/yellow/olive undertones that most Asians tend to have. So these colors compliment my skin VERY well.

There's Twice baked, Half Baked, Flipside, and Baked. It also came with a mini Bourbon 24/7 liner and a sample bottle of Sin Primer Potion. I originally bought this set because I desperately wanted to try the Sin Primer Potion since I loved the original. And I figured buying the set wouldn't be bad since I didn't have any of Urban Decay's shadows.

Twice Baked: True dark brown color with some chunks of gold glitter, was not too fond of this shade at all. It makes lots of fall out.
Half Baked: A lighter version of baked, has gold shimmers and somewhat bronze-y.
Flipside: A shimmery metallic teal color, pretty. I do not use this shade much, but am trying to experiment. I do love this shade in the 24/7 liner, however.
Baked: My favorite out of the four. I use this almost everyday as an all over lid color, then I'm pretty much out the door. It is a brassy true bronze color.
Bourbon: Was ok, would never buy the full size though.
Sin: Needless to say, I have the full size now. (Though I actually got it as a gift, but hey)

All of the shadows are very silky, creamy, smooth. When you swatch this on you finger, then rub your fingers together, it's literally like silk (for all the shades except for twice baked anyway). Also some days I don't have time for primer, and these shadows stay at least 8 hours if not more! But perhaps it is just me.

Although I do love this palette, I wish it came with a better dark brown shade. I don't prefer chunks of glitter in my shadows. I don't know anyone who does. I also found this problem in the Alice in Wonderland palette.

Urban Decay, please stop putting the chunky glitter shadows in your palettes!!

I would give it a 4 because of the glitter, but the other shades are so pretty and useful that it overcomes it. :) This is definitely worth the buy if you don't have any other Urban Decay shadows and have golden undertones. It might work on others, I wouldn't know, I've only used it on people with the same undertones.

on 1/27/2010 1:40:00 PM

My first UD product ever. It got me hooked on Prime Potion, and Sin is a lovely shimmery champagne colour.

The 24/7 eyeliner is not as long lasting as it claims to be. Maybe 4 hours before it starts running and fading. It is more reddish than MAC's Teddy Kohl and the glitter doesn't seem all that golden, but rather silvery.

The eyeshadows are very pigmented, which is a plus. I really liked how the colours blend well together. Golden-bronze eyeshadows make every eyecolour pop and the hint of turquoise gives the look an edge.

All in all it is a great introduction to UD! I'd buy another one of their palettes!

on 1/18/2010 11:31:00 PM

This is a great kit. I bought it over the summer and since I had been spending a lot of time outside I had a nice tan. These colors complimented my skin tan / dark brown hair / brown eyes very nicely. The colors are vibrant and beautiful. The brown eyeliner that comes with it compliments the eyeshadows as well as "stays put". At first I thought that the flipside color seemed out of place with the other bronze colored eyeshadows, but instead it makes them pop. I use it under my eye as a very thin eyeliner. Colors are all VERY pigmented. Great kit.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

This is just too cute! I was planning on getting the Urban Decay Book of Shadows II, but Sephora was out, so i opted to get this instead, since it has a few of the same colors. I absolutely LOVE it! The colors are amazing, the quality is superb, and they all go wonderful together!
It is definitely worth a try!