Peter Thomas Roth Un-Wrinkle Lip

Peter Thomas Roth Un-Wrinkle Lip

3.8

Water (aqua), Glycerin, Sorbitol, Butylene Glycol, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Polyethylene, Cyclomethicone, Squalane, Peg-8 Beeswax, Neopentyl Glycol Dicaprate, Cetyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, Peg-12 Dimethicone, Acetyl Octapeptide-3, Acetyl Hexapeptide-8, Palmitoyl Tripeptide-5, Palmitoyl Oligopeptide, Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-7, Dipeptide Diaminobutyroyl Benzylamide Diacetate, Palmitoyl Dipeptide-5 Diaminobutyloyl Hydroxythreonine, Palmitoyl Dipeptide-6 Diaminohydroxybutyrate, Tripeptide-29, Hyaluronic Acid, Sodium Hyaluronate, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate (vitamin C), Tocopherol (vitamin E), Butyrospermum Parkii (shea Butter), Glycine Soja (soybean) Seed Extract, Yeast Extract, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (licorice) Root Extract, Algae Extract, Aesculus Hippocastanum (horse Chestnut) Seed Extract, Lactobacillus/capsicum Frutescens Fruit Extract, Mentha Piperita (peppermint) Leaf Extract, Flavor (aroma), Yeast Polysaccharides, Phospholipids, Sodium Chondroitin Sulfate, Tribehenin, Sorbitan Isostearate, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Xanthan Gum, Steareth-21, Behenyl Alcohol, Dimethicone, Vp/eicosene Copolymer, Stearyl Alcohol, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Polyacrylamide, Laureth-7, Hydrogenated Soybean Oil, Sodium Saccharin, Polysorbate 20, Carbomer, Potassium Sorbate, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Isobutylparaben.

on 12/30/2016 2:15:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure

Maybe I was sold too quickly... but I'm sold. I have been using this for short of two weeks and can see a difference in the lines that were forming on my lips - this includes when my lips are bare, and under my favorite MAC matte lipsticks. The visible difference in such a short amount of time does lead me to think that the difference is simply cosmetic trickery, but regardless, I will keep using. While I need a lip balm over this, I am always worried that a product like aquaphor will "neutralize" the effect of the PTR Unwrinkle product, so I like to apply and then wait a bit before layering a lip moisturizer over. This is the first Peter Thomas Roth product that I have used, and it is also the fastest acting (non-prescription) skincare product that I have tried. I will be purchasing the line's eye cream next, and am hoping that in combination with fillers and Botox, I will see great results.

on 11/5/2016 9:52:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

I've been using this stuff faithfully every night for about 5 years, and I can say that although the results are subtle, they are there. I started when I noticed dark and/or glossy lip products feathering in the tiny vertical lines around my lips- the vermillion border, since I've always wanted to throw that into a sentence :) I read up on lip treatments, and was interested in the PTR product specifically because of the high percentage of peptides in the ingredient list. I'm not sure that there is a huge amount of data on peptides as a proven treatment for fine lines and wrinkles, but it's better than being charged an arm and a leg for a product that only moisturizes, and there is at least some published material that suggests a degree of efficacy in the role of topical peptides as an anti-aging treatment. At any rate, the fine lines around my mouth are effectively non-existent now, and I no longer have any issue with lip products feathering. If this product *didn't* work, you'd expect at least no change, if not an outright increase in lines after 5 years. Of course, there is no plumping effect, but if you expect a topical product to change the shape of your mouth, you need to check your expectations anyway. It's not extremely moisturizing, but I usually counter this by slathering on some occlusive balm over it before going to bed. My only other complaint is that it's very difficult to tell how much is left in the pump, and suspect that quite a bit of product is left when the pump goes out. It would be nice if there was a clear plastic window to see the level of product left, but since I'm otherwise happy with the product, I just knocked a lippie off the packaging score. I do appreciate the airtight pump, and consider the packaging issue to be very minor.

on 12/20/2014 12:54:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Medium

I have chronically dry lips and am starting to get vertical lines in my lips from age, so I thought I'd try this. Unfortunately it did absolutely nothing for me but leave a nasty white film on my lips. If I used lipstick within a few hours of applying this, the lipstick collected in my lip lines- it looked horrible! As previous posters have stated, about half a pump is all that is necessary to cover your lips. I'm glad this product works for some people, but it was not worth the waste of money for me. I did use the entire bottle.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

I love this product. I have dry skin and I apply this at night, sometimes during the morning too and its keeps my lipsticks smooth. I bought this last year and have been using it for almost 1.5 years now its lasted me that long! I used it all winter and didn't suffer from peeling lips once. It doesn't FEEL overly hydrating...its strange, its a little tingly but it must be working because usually I experience peeling lips a few times every winter. I have a thinner upper lip and since using this consistently, I feel like its a little more full from being constantly hydrated. The packaging sucks and there's a learning curve to not push too much out. You have to be ginger with it. I will definitely buy again.

My lip is not dry or problematic. But I just bought this for fun. I used it but I did not really see any difference it makes. One thing I might have done wrong is that I only put it on my lips not around the mouth along the lip line areas. Maybe??

So I am not sure if it does anything if you have normal lips. I think I will only recommend this product to someone who like my friend, always has chap lips and her lips are always peeling. If you are like me, you probably do not need this. Good luck girls!

on 5/11/2016 9:08:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I love this lip product, but I don't think of it as for chapped lips. It is really more of a lip moisturizer so you don't get vertical lines. It works great for that. Perhaps it is a bit of a lip plumper as well, since it gives you a bit of a tingle. In fact, it would probably sting if you had capped lips. I use it as preventive care, a moisturizer for the lips, and I have been able to stave off any noticeable wrinkles. Perhaps it is genetics, but perhaps it is this cream. I like to think that, because then that means I got my money's worth!

on 12/8/2012 4:34:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I have used and compared this lip product with quite a few others and so far, for me, it's the best of the bunch. The other ones I've tried include (but are not limited to) Kanebo Total Lip, LipSmart, Dr. Perricone, Dr. Kaplan, ReVive, Guerlain, YSL, Chanel, Dior, Aveeno, Aveda and a few others I can't recall off hand. This stuff is just great and I will buy it again! Comes in a nice pump bottle and just the right amount comes out so there's no waste, either!

on 4/10/2011 3:12:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

This is a miracle product for me. It keeps my lips moist and exfoliates them without irritation. Before using this my lips were chronically dry and chapped. I developed reactions to other products, probably because I was putting them on about 30 times a day. With PTR Un-Wrinkle, I use it twice a day as suggested and my lips are moist and plump. I don't use this for wrinkles, so I don't know if it fulfills that promise but it's great for gentle hydration and exfoliation. After you put it on there's a tingling sensation for about a minute which I like because I feel like it's working. The pump dispenser is great because it's hygienic, although one pump gives you slightly more product than you need but it absorbs so easily, a little extra isn't a bad thing (try 1/2 pump, I think that's perfect for one use). The price is a little high, I bought it at Sephora for $30 for .34 fl oz.But since it's the first thing that's worked on my lips in ages the price doesn't really bother me. I will definitely buy this again!

on 1/11/2011 5:25:00 AM

I agree with everything the previous poster said, except the sloughing action leaves a bit of a white film build up that I have to keep wiping off, but as long as it's removing the dead skin, i'll deal with it. I have a god awful habit of licking my lips and biting my lower lip, it's a nervous habit i can't seem to stop and my lips pay the price. What's messed up about it, is that I have natural, full, pouty lips that people pay to get with injections and here I am deliberately destroying my beautiful lips with this bad habit i have! I've been doing it most of my adult life as far as I can remember but when i was younger, it didn't have any affect on them, but now that i'm in my early 40's i'm paying the consequences, because when i bit on my lower lip, my teeth leave impression marks along my bottom lip which looks like one long wrinkle line going across it, if i catch myself and stop myself from doing it, it goes away, but as soon as I start in again, there it is and it hangs around for a few hours, it looks horrible! I wish I could stop but sometimes by the time I realize I am doing it, the damage is already done, and i have to wait for the skin to eventually spring back, but with my age the bounce back affect takes a bit longer due to the loss of collagen and elasticity. Also, when i lick my lips and then the air hits them, they get very, very dry and the dead skin builds up, from a distance my bottom lip looks all crinkled up! It's awful, but the minute I apply this stuff to them, they spring back and that indention line from my teeth fill ups up and goes away. Then the skin is sloughed off but I have that white film on my lips that builds up first. I really wish I knew how to stop myself from biting and licking my lips because I'm sure as time goes on it will have long term permanent damage to my bottom lip and I don't know how effective this product will remain, hopefully it will keep taking care of the issue, but if it doesn't i'm going to be very mad at myself for destroying my once perfect beautiful lips! I will definitely keep buying this product for as long as it continues to work for me.

on 12/30/2011 1:22:00 PM

I've been using this product for about 7 weeks now and see absolutely no improvement for lip wrinkles, which, is what the product advertises. I wasted my money on this product. Should have read the reviews before buying!