LUSH Chox Away soap

LUSH Chox Away soap

3.3

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I like the scent of this soap and it left me skin clean and smooth after using it. The scent was not sickly sweet in my opinion but the only thing I did dislike about this soap is that since it's a brown soap it gives a brown lather. I did not like seeing tons of brown bubbles on my white washcloth.

I like this. I don't think it's exactly like chocolate, but it's definitely close. It smells very sweet and rich. I like how it actually lathers and makes suds in the shower. Although, the scent doesn't last on my skin and it gives that feeling of an extra layer on my skin bars of soap do after my shower. I don't think it's super moisturizing, but it's pretty good.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I received a sample of this soap, and I had to try it. It smells like chocolate to me. I read where the fragrance was actually a chocolate mint, but in my sample I didn't detect any mint. It is a light brown color, and seems like it would melt very easily in the shower because it's so soft. When I tried it, it didn't lather as much as I wanted it to, but it was moisturizing. As I toweled off, I noticed that my skin didn't feel dried out, but moisturized. Overall, it's an ok soap, but I probably wouldn't purchase it.

on 1/2/2011 6:45:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

I wasn't expecting to like this soap, but was pleasantly surprised. It smells like a mocha and is very creamy as a lather. This soap is soothing and gentle, rather than a heavy-duty cleanser. I find that it smells better under the water while you are using it than it does on the store shelf. I give this product a 4 because I find that it's gentle and creamy enough to use as a facial cleanser, though it isn't strong enough to remove makeup.
...
My gripes about this product is that it's a little more crumbly than other Lush soaps. Like many Lush soaps, it melts really quickly under the water, so it feels like you run out fast. It's a bit pricey as well.

on 12/17/2010 10:54:00 AM

Chox Away is a very yummy chocolatey soap, almost makes you feel like licking it because it smells so much like milk chocolate ! It lathers well upon contact with water, however the soap also softens considerably making it a little messy when showering. Like many LUSH products, they sorta melt or soften in the hot tropical weather here in Asia. The scent does not linger after shower, lathers well, and does not leave the skin taut... It costs about USD 10 for about 100g only, so I must say that this is very expensive. Not a bad product at all, but honestly...for the price, nothing extra ordinary for a bar of soap.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Chox Away Soap Review
I was lucky enough to receive a large bar of chox away soap from a LUSH party. I say “lucky” because while I did want to try it, it isn’t a soap I’d spend money on and after using it I hold the belief of “it is o.k.” Below is my review of the Lush’s chox away soap.

Pros:
Lathers well: Unlike some other soaps that take a bit to get a good lather, chox away lathers up very nicely. However, I didn’t find it to have longevity. I’d recommend using it as hand soap because it may end up being used quickly in the shower.

Smells nice (when fresh): Chox away soap has a nice compilation of ingredients that gives it its yummy smell. It contains white chocolate, dark chocolate, honey, coconut oil, sweet orange oil and peppermint oil. All these together smell wonderful!

Cons:
Goes quickly: Limited usage is best for chox away, unless you have a massive piece. It goes really quickly. Within 5 days it had reduced in size considerably.

Mediocre skin benefits: While I did feel clean after using it my skin wasn’t soft or moisturized. I will say that it is gentle. Thus, if sensitive skin is an issue this may be a good option. However, it was the kind of soap that I had to use moisturizer with after my shower since it did very little to moisturize on its own and I’ll even go as saying it dried my skin a bit.

Read my full review of chox away here: http://trenchandaccessory.blogspot.com/2010/05/lush-chox-away-soap-review.html

on 5/15/2010 5:04:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is a delicious smelling soap, but like Mange Too (pretty much the same scent and contents) it can become a bit much after a while, so don't get too large a piece.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I purchased this on my last trip to Lush, even though I heard horrible reviews on it, and not alot of people enjoyed it. I actually hate the scent of chocolate anything, it makes my stomach turn! But when I smelled this in the store I fell in love, the scent of chocolate isn't over the top, and it has a mint scent to it. I can't pass up anything chocolate minty! I used this right away, and although it does lather really nice in my shower puff, it doesn't lather on the skin very well. So I took off one lippie just for that. It does leave my skin feeling moisturized though, which is very nice. The scent doesn't linger which is kind of a drag since I love the scent of this. But i'll definitely keep repurchasing because I LOVE this soap, one of my top favorites :) I heard it was being discontinued and I hope not. I'll just have to stock up next time I head to Lush.

on 4/7/2010 2:14:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I love chocolatey scents and this one smells lovely. However, it does not lather well but does leave your skin feeling clean. The scent does not linger on your skin. As with most LUSH soaps, it needs to be kept away from moisture or it will melt. Since I like a nice full lather, I would repurchase if it lathers better. So, no I would not repurchase at this time.

on 4/3/2010 12:12:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

I am a HUGE chocolate scent lover, and to be honest, this soap really wasn't all that great to me. I've tried a few other lush soaps, and this one just didn't cut it. It didn't have much of a lather in the shower, and the scent wasn't really true to how it was described (I bought it online). So all in all, I wasn't impressed. It also kind of left my skin dry, not moisturized at all. In short, I deffinately wouldn't repurchase. It was okay at best, but I know lush has WAY better soaps in their line to choose from.