NARS Cosmetics Night Star

Filtered by eye Color : Green
NARS Cosmetics Night Star

4.1

I first tried this shadow in the NARS 9941 palette and I loved it used it almost everyday until it was gone I was going to buy the single shadow but it slowly went down on my shopping list and over time was forgotten when I got the chance to get the single in a swap I took it and I am so happy to have this color again and even more happy not to have to have paid the $24.00 price tag that comes along with it. Would I buy this should I run out again hell yeah.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Looks really nice on a pan. But that is about it. Worst Nars eyeshadow I have tried. Yellow/golden microglitter doesnt show at all. Not suitable for 'night'-look, more like summer/daytime eyeshadow. For best results try with primer and gunmetal grey.

on 11/30/2010 3:59:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

My initial impression of this is that I'm glad I swapped for it and didn't pay $22 for it. So, I have used this for two days. The first day, I applied it over my ELF primer (which is amazing, BTW...see my review!). It hardly even showed up. I was sooooooo disappointed, especially after reading all the reviews on here that it is an every day staple for a lot of people. The next day, I applied it over UDPP and the color showed up. It is just a peachy skin tone. Not much of the glitter stayed with the pigment so it ended up being kind of matte. I guess I'm going to have to use UDPP with this shadow, which is unfortunate because the only other shadows that did not perform well with the ELF primer are cheap drugstore brands. All my mid to high end stuff works fine with the ELF to the point that I can't tell whether I have on that or the UDPP. I hope all NARS shadows aren't like this (this is the first one I've tried). So, over all, I would not buy this again, and I might even put it up for swap. Even though I like good neutrals for highlighting and all over color, I don't like poor quality....and this seems kind of poor quality, especially for the steep price tag.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is the first eyeshadow that I have EVER hit the pan with. I use it every single day and it gives the right amount of sheen pretty gold sparkles that I can't live without this. It's very light, but come on- it's a gold/light eyeshadow- it's not going to have much layering power. It's a great color to always have in your bag for those inner corners, and brow bones! LOVE IT!

on 2/28/2008 10:44:00 AM

I'm a big fan of NARS but this is one I returned. The color looks great in the pan, not so much on the eyes. The gold flecks are too chunky (very bad for photos) and they don't stick to the lid yet get in my contacts.

on 11/22/2007 4:49:00 AM

This is a staple for me; I use it on the browbone as a highlighter. This neutral is something I reach for when the look I'm trying for is a bit glamorous or dramatic, due to the glitter factor. Simple and lovely.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

I love this eyeshadow! I wanted it for two years before I finally got my hands on one (and it was the last one in the store)! I am PPP, green eyes and this color goes on so naturally, even without an eyeshadow base (although it works well with it too) or concealer. It looks just like my eyes, but better and with glitter. I wear it to work and get compliments on it all the time. I have had no problems with glitter on my cheeks or creasing whatsoever. Products like this are why I love Nars. I pair it with the oft-maligned LORAC paparazzi pencil (which works great on me) as eyeliner and just a light coat of mascara for a day look. This looks really natural on me with a light shimmer. In fact it is so natural I can wear it on no makeup days...how many nars products can one wear on no makeup days? The glitter is there but it is understated and chic. Another blush that compliments it well is Guerlain rose "pluie d'or" n255. One thing I like about this eyeshadow is that I can wear it with warm and cool colors, it does not clash with any of my lipsticks or glosses and doesn't look too shiny when I have bronzer on (you know how people look weird if they have bronzer and shiny eyeshadow). This is a good day shadow for me and I am a natural makeup kind of girl. I know, I am the only person who can find "natural" at MAC and Nars but somehow I do...

on 11/13/2004 8:08:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I totally agree with MsiLLneSs' post. I reeeeeally wanted to love this shadow because it has such pretty gold glitter in it. However, as much as I could see it on my hand, on my eyes I saw nothing...nothing. What's even more annoying is that the glitter gets in your eyes so it shines in the light. Too bad.

on 7/15/2004 1:16:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I love this eyeshadow, it was the first NARS shadow I ever bought and it will definitely not be the last! The color is great for any skin tone, and the shimmer in it is just perfect, not too much or too little.

This sparkly eyeshadow is perfect for turning daytime makeup into nighttime makeup. The sparkle adds the necessary amount of glitz when you only have a few moments to touch up. I like to use it for layering over boring brown drugstore eyeshadow. For extra pizazz I apply it over the NARS glitter pencil in Danceteria.