NARS Cosmetics Night Star

Filtered by eye Color : Hazel
NARS Cosmetics Night Star

3.5

on 4/14/2011 12:25:00 AM

After reading the poor reviews here, I thought I might have to return it but have been pleasantly surprised by my results. I bought this product because I felt that the glitter in it was unique to the NARS brand and I didn't want to just purchase an eye shadow that I could find elsewhere. I accomplished this with NARS Hungry Heart Duo (another controversial product) that I can add on top of all my other blushes to give it the NARS glittery effect (not to be combined with Night Star, thatís too much sparkle!). If Iím going to fork out the dough, itís gotta be special! And I think this is so far. The gold particles in Night Star seem to be actual glitter, very high quality and sparkly as they dazzle in the light, yet it is very dispersed (not very concentrated) in the shadow, so it makes a subtle yet radiant statement. Itís NOT shimmery at all, as to not create unflattering texture or disco ball eye lids, just glow. It has been great for both day time and evening looks and goes on great over matte colors from neon high fashion colors (like the #5 Coral from MUFE) to naked/naturals for the workplace (like Cargo's essential palette) and just lightens them a tad, not really effecting the hue too much (I like the fact that it is mostly transparent). The gold flecks lasted all day over shadow and primer without any touch-ups. I was surprised! This is definitely an eye shadow to get for that extra kick to your look and a product indicative of the NARS brand. Itís not a must-have, but a great addition for those into the finer things of the material plane!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Meh. Thats my overall feeling about this shadow.

It looks so pretty in the pan, but on my skin it looks slightly yellowish, but thats it. It barely shows up at all. Nonsense.

Save your money!

on 2/13/2009 5:39:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is a vanilla / beige-ish color with gold flecks / shimmer. Its a very nice color in the pan, it doesn't show up so well on the lids. I use it sometimes, but its just kind of blah. I agree with other posters, for what this cost, it should show up. I guess it depends on what you want. If you want something really light, that you can't really see, this is for you. The packaging of these e/s are nice, there is a little mirror in them, but the color is not a repurchase.

i use this when i need a dry base for my lids, it has a light shimmer and shows up slighlty tan beige on my light olive skin

mainly, it helps me neutralize any redness i may have in my lids due to allergies , contact lenses, etc.

For all of the girls out there who have Night Star sitting at the bottom of their make-up drawer, NARS Voyage single may be a reason to bring Night Star up to the light of day.

Night Star in the package has more OOPMH than Night Star on your face. For me it was an impulse buy that didn't pan out. Because it was far too subtle, I had no real use for it in my normal make-up routine.

Things changed this week when I bought Voyage. I needed Voyage as a neutral that I can wear to work for a "barely there" effect. The light tan with subtle gold flecks swept over my lids was perfect. Then I remembered Night Star. I dug it out from the recesses of my make-up cabinet. When I used it along the brow bone and in the corners of my eyes, it made Voyage even better!

I am not suggesting that people go out and purchase a product just to be able to use Night Star. However, if you need a lovely neutral and happen to already own Night Star, the combination of Voyage/Night Star looks polished and professional.

I was so sad and disappointed by this one. As others have mentioned, Night Star is an absolutely stunning peachy color with lots of small gold glitter. I eagerly awaited my package from sephora, and was positive that I was going to love this one. And I did-- in the package, that is. Even with my trusty UDPP, this shadow had no staying power on my lids (which are not oily either). To make matters worse, this also creased horribly on me (another thing I am not used to experiencing w/eyeshadows), and the gorgeous gold glitter ended up everywhere on my cheeks, nose.......except for my eyes. I gave this 2 lippies since it is such a beautiful color, but it just does not work for me.

on 6/4/2007 12:36:00 AM

As soon as I opened this gorgeous little black compact I thought, ''I am going to love this colour". Night Star is a shimmery golden-peach shadow with gold flecks of glitter. It is very wearable and is great for a chic daytime look that highlights the eyes. My only problem with this shadow is its lack of staying power. I find that it creases very easily, even though it is a powder, and the flecks of glitter tend to fall down onto my cheeks within a couple of hours. continued >>

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I beliebe this eyeshadow cost me about £14.00. It is a preyy little package complete with a mirror and a sparkley eyeshadow.
It is a pretty glittery golden beige eye colour that looks original. This shadow has been on my wish list for about 5 years only its hard to cross in the UK.what a dissapointment!
This has little staying power and I certainly do not have oily lids, heaven forbid if you do as this colour will last about 5 minutes.

It looks a bit orange on the eyelids and certianly not as glittery once on the llids. This has to be brushed on eyelids with foundaion or an eye base so that this can stay on. It lasts for about 30 minutes but that i ncludeds fading time.

It has very little glitter and is very fine when applied which is very dissapointing.

Nars have let me down and if it were nott for the look of the shadow I would not have bought. I will never purchase an eyeshadow from them agai. Sick to good ole chanel there eyesahdows are like no toher....

on 3/24/2006 9:25:00 PM

I really love this eyeshadow. I tried it at Sephora and it was a must-have! On me, its a pale yellow with gorgeous shimmer...just fabulous. Paired with MAC Eye Kohl in Minted, this is SO freaking pretty on my blue/green/orangey eyes. Even though it is an expensive line, I LOVE NARS, second only to MAC. So its definantely worth it, plus it lasts all day. GORGEY!

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

First let me say that I love Night Star! It is not meant to be worn alone but as a base or over to add the sparkle. I am a GGG/hazel eyes and I wear this often with other eyeshadows in the winter or alone and it just brightens my winter pallor and adds a subtle sparkle to my eyes. It is not really a peach to me but a sheer neutral with a lot of sparkle. I have even bought a back up!