NARS Cosmetics Night Star

NARS Cosmetics Night Star

3.4

on 2/8/2011 8:46:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

Nars "Night Star" has been a staple in my makeup arsenal for several years now. Despite how some feel about glittery eyeshadow, I think it's perfect for those with deeper, warmer complextions as a highlight or on the lid. I was tickled to see Sam Fine using it so much in his DVD. That said. I think I've found a dupe that I like even more. Sephora single shadow in "Glittering Sand No.9" is just as beautiful on the eye and only cost $12.00. I see no reason to spend more when I can get the same amazing results for half the price. Sorry Nars.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Perfect shimmery flesh color! Night Star is the perfect color to go as a compliment to any other eyeshadow. It is a fleshy color with gold sparkles (NARS website describes the sparkles as "gold pearls"). Very neutral and the gold sparkles really are like teeny-tiny golden pearls twinkling around your eyes. The sparkles are conservative and are NOT over-the-top at all. They just go on as a light dusting of glimmer. Really lights up the eyes. I love Night Star paired with NARS Fuji (medium-deep green color) .... beautiful smoky eye look! Absolutely 5 lippies! :) ____UPDATE_____(8-27-06) Still loving this eyeshadow! This has become my HG of eyeshadows! I wear this alone a lot, and I also wear it OVER all of my other eyeshadow colors because I *LOVE* the tiny, shimmery golden pearls in it! I literally wear Night Star every single day, whether alone or over other eyeshadows. I love the way it just lights up my eyes! Instantly wakes up your whole entire face! Love, love, love! HG! _____UPDATE_#2___(3-9-07) Still loving Night Star! This has become my HG eyeshadow. I use this literally every single day. I cannot imagine what I'd do without it. It creates a perfect neutral nude eye look which is conservative and great for allowing my lips and cheeks to flaunt brighter colors, yet it also has that awesome golden pearly sparkle thing going on which just *lights up* my eyes. It's like a conservative "nude" eye that really isn't! That old wolf in sheep's clothing. It's a unique cross between wild sparkly night clubbing eyes and conservative soccer-mom country club eyes. It'll leave them guessing which one you are! LOL! And I'm not telling! Best, most versatile eyeshadow ever created IMHO. :)

Like the other reviewers state, this is very sheer for a MMM. It's really just to add a little sparkle. Pretty, just wished it had a little more pigment in it. *EDIT 5/25/06* - I love this shadow!! You must wear this with Danceteria!

on 2/20/2009 3:03:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

i love it! although i wouldnt buy it, night star is perfect as just an overall lid eyeshadow as it doesnt show up very well. but this is good if you want to create some sparkle to your eyes.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I usually love my NARS shadows. Really I do. But I completely regret the $25 I spent on Night Star because frankly, it doesn't show up on my MAC NC 30/35 skin. At all. In the pan it looked like a gorgeous shimmery light beige that would create a polished but not glitzy look - Night star pretty much creates no look period. It's pigment level is really really low and any shimmer in the pan is undetectable on your skin. Pretty much any color in the pan is undetectable on your skin. To make things worse, it crumbled horribly in the pan after a while. I would have expected this from a $5 drugstore eyeshadow, not an eyeshadow from NARS. BIG dissapointment.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This is the perfect shade of natural glimmer for your eyes every day. I generally wear this eyeshadow on days I don't feel on doing an "all out" eyeshadow look which for me and my oily eyelids requires some primer underneath, and takes quite a bit of time. But if I just have 10 minutes to do my entire make up routine, it's very easy to just swipe a bit of this on my eyelids (usually I use a crease brush and put it all over up to the browbone, lightly). Then I put on some mascara, sometimes I wear eyeliner if I feel like it, and for my eyes, that's it! And suprisingly, it's this simple eyeshadow that has made people give me so many compliments - saying that my eyes "sparkle". And frankly, that alone makes this shadow worth it.
t definitely isn't pigmented though, unlike most NARS. It's very soft color, and I use it just to be a nude wash of glitter . But actually, this color is great for warmer skintones. Truly, I would buy this shadow again if I were to lose it or something, but so far I've had it for almost a year, worn it almost every day, and have barely made a dent in it.

The packaging is very good too. Classic Nars rubberized compact, complete with mirror. Definitely worth the money.

on 4/20/2012 6:49:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I LOVE this eyeshadow! Very flattering on olive skin, I use MAC paint pot in Nubile before I apply and its beautiful for either a brow bone shadow or all over lid shadow. Only complaint is the glitter fall out which I pick up after application with dome tape but other than that its my daily HG shadow!

on 12/22/2010 11:31:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

Its so glittery. I love glittery eyeshadow and this was it. It shows up too well on my NW45 eye and it's the most beautiful color I've ever seen/used! This is my favorite eyeshadow. I use it for night or day!

Update: This is terrible now. As soon as I wrote this review it started getting major fallout. It such a shame, It wouldn't even get onto my Hakuhodo brushes and it applied matte. For such as high end brand, I didn't expect this. I won't be buying this eyeshadow in a single. I'm so glad I didn't. It didn't even help that I used Nars eyeshadow primer and Nars Unconditional love shadow creme. I used my fingers and that helped put the glitter back on, but then it fell out leaving it matte once again.

Not worth the money.

UPDATE 2013: Okay so I've been meaning to update for a while, but I figured out a way to stop the fallout. It's a shame it even has fallout to begin with because it a great highlighter, but sometimes it just can't be helped.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

This is my HG every day eyeshadow and im surprised at how quickly im getting to the pan, then again i wear it every single day. I have very olive skin, i dont wear mac but i believe im an nc40 and i wear this every day as an all over lid colour, sometimes mixed with mac's Orb eyeshadow to give it more of an opaque look with mac's cork in the crease. I also use this to blend out smokey eye looks when using navy, purples, browns and other warm toned eyeshadows. I will continue to buy this as it is my fav eyeshadow!

I am not an eyeshadow girl. I like wearing very dark and dramatic lipstick so my eyeshadow is usually very natural looking or I just go all natural and not wear any at all. This is the dream eyeshadow I have been searching for. It is the perfect creamy color that matches my skin tone. It looks so natural and it wakes up my eyes. It is virtually undetectable but you see the difference it makes while you are applying it. It had these specks of glitter which also help in waking my eyes up. I love how clean and polished this makes my eyes look. I can completely imagine myself hitting pan with this eyeshadow. I have been using it for 1 month and I haven't looked back once. This color is also a great highlighter. It really was worth my money.