NARS Cosmetics Night Star

NARS Cosmetics Night Star

2.9

on 9/14/2011 7:42:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

The shade of this eyeshadow is gorgeous and it looks fantastic on the pan. Golden eyeshadow with the right amount of glitter. However, when you apply it is hardly visible, let alone the glitter that dissapears by magic. I tried different ways of application, with a brush, with my finger, with a sponge... still nothing. Very disappointing.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

This eyeshadow is supposed to be very sparkly however, no matter how you apply it, the eye shadow does not appear glittery on the eye. Well you can hardly see the colour on your eyes let alone the glitter in it. You get a lot of fallout from this eyeshadow and the glitter from the shadow ends up all over your face. I use a primer and and eye base and even that does not help.
I have tried different brushes and even tried to apply with my fingers but nothing works.
I would not buy this eye shadow again. I bought two other sparkly colours at the same time I bought this which I totally regret as they do the same as this shadow. I dont think I would buy a Nars eyeshadow again.

on 10/3/2009 5:14:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I really like this eyeshadow. It is very natural but you can see it as it brightens the eye area and it has some sparkles in it. When im in a hurry or that im going natural that day i apply that.

on 8/10/2005 11:03:00 AM

I donít know quite what to think about this eye shadow is all about. Itís a faint peach color infused with tiny gold sparkles (not quite chunky enough to be considered glitter). Being the peach is actually a sheer matte that doesnít show up at all on my NC35 skin. I think the powder itself actually doesnít adhere well to my skin, despite me using a base. I suppose this is the ultimate natural eyeshadow color for me, ha ha. I usually just use it in conjunction with my other NARS eyeshadows to help blend them down or give them a dusting of light sparkle. Too bad the sparkle doesnít really last that long. Fortunately I acquired this in a swap, but I will not be re-buying it should I ever run out.

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

First let me say that I love Night Star! It is not meant to be worn alone but as a base or over to add the sparkle. I am a GGG/hazel eyes and I wear this often with other eyeshadows in the winter or alone and it just brightens my winter pallor and adds a subtle sparkle to my eyes. It is not really a peach to me but a sheer neutral with a lot of sparkle. I have even bought a back up!

on 4/6/2004 5:13:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

When I saw this, I couldnt believe how pretty it was, especially on my finger. But on my eyes, there was no color at all, I piled and piled but it remained the same. If the packaging was more like a multiple, but in an e/s version, I think with direct application the results would be more dramatic, because when I swiped my finger I was hoping that THATS what it would look like on my eye. Oh well.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I cannot believe that i didn't buy this before. I mean this is sooo pretty, it's so golden and peachy the perfect eyeshadow for me. the sparkles are soo pretty and it looks amazing when it's paried with a bronze eyeshadow.

on 11/9/2001 8:58:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This color looked SO PRETTY in the compact, I thought that maybe I shouldn't disturb it! It is a beautiful glittery peach color! A perfect, daily wear shade for me here in South Florida! I only wish that the glitter would show up better on its own (withouth the aid of an e/s base)... for that, I have to give it just 4 stars.