NARS Cosmetics Night Star

NARS Cosmetics Night Star

3.7

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I usually love my NARS shadows. Really I do. But I completely regret the $25 I spent on Night Star because frankly, it doesn't show up on my MAC NC 30/35 skin. At all. In the pan it looked like a gorgeous shimmery light beige that would create a polished but not glitzy look - Night star pretty much creates no look period. It's pigment level is really really low and any shimmer in the pan is undetectable on your skin. Pretty much any color in the pan is undetectable on your skin. To make things worse, it crumbled horribly in the pan after a while. I would have expected this from a $5 drugstore eyeshadow, not an eyeshadow from NARS. BIG dissapointment.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I beliebe this eyeshadow cost me about 14.00. It is a preyy little package complete with a mirror and a sparkley eyeshadow.
It is a pretty glittery golden beige eye colour that looks original. This shadow has been on my wish list for about 5 years only its hard to cross in the UK.what a dissapointment!
This has little staying power and I certainly do not have oily lids, heaven forbid if you do as this colour will last about 5 minutes.

It looks a bit orange on the eyelids and certianly not as glittery once on the llids. This has to be brushed on eyelids with foundaion or an eye base so that this can stay on. It lasts for about 30 minutes but that i ncludeds fading time.

It has very little glitter and is very fine when applied which is very dissapointing.

Nars have let me down and if it were nott for the look of the shadow I would not have bought. I will never purchase an eyeshadow from them agai. Sick to good ole chanel there eyesahdows are like no toher....

on 8/10/2006 4:48:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

After wanting this for years, I was lucky enough to get it in a swap. How could anyone not like this lovely e/s? It doesn't show up as a strong color, but it's a lovely neutral vanilla-golden beige nude with judicious gold sparkles that creates an elegant, polished, super-finished look. At first I thought the sparkles might be too much, but now I see what they're there for--they just add a little twinkle and shimmer to the lid. It's a really great e/s and will become a staple for me.

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

First let me say that I love Night Star! It is not meant to be worn alone but as a base or over to add the sparkle. I am a GGG/hazel eyes and I wear this often with other eyeshadows in the winter or alone and it just brightens my winter pallor and adds a subtle sparkle to my eyes. It is not really a peach to me but a sheer neutral with a lot of sparkle. I have even bought a back up!

on 8/14/2002 12:15:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Other, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

The best way I can describe the color is a light beige with flecks of gold glitter. I call it "champagne for the eyes," because it's such an elegant, opulent-looking eyeshadow. I've tried to find a knock-off version, but I couldn't - nothing quite compares to this color. One caveat: I find I *must* apply an e/s base (I like MAC's Untitled paint) before applying this, otherwise Night Star vanishes rather quickly. A base not only gives it more staying power, but helps it show up a little better, as well.

on 11/9/2001 8:58:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This color looked SO PRETTY in the compact, I thought that maybe I shouldn't disturb it! It is a beautiful glittery peach color! A perfect, daily wear shade for me here in South Florida! I only wish that the glitter would show up better on its own (withouth the aid of an e/s base)... for that, I have to give it just 4 stars.