NARS Cosmetics Night Star

Filtered by hair type : Wavy
NARS Cosmetics Night Star

3.3

I first tried this shadow in the NARS 9941 palette and I loved it used it almost everyday until it was gone I was going to buy the single shadow but it slowly went down on my shopping list and over time was forgotten when I got the chance to get the single in a swap I took it and I am so happy to have this color again and even more happy not to have to have paid the $24.00 price tag that comes along with it. Would I buy this should I run out again hell yeah.

on 9/14/2011 7:42:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

The shade of this eyeshadow is gorgeous and it looks fantastic on the pan. Golden eyeshadow with the right amount of glitter. However, when you apply it is hardly visible, let alone the glitter that dissapears by magic. I tried different ways of application, with a brush, with my finger, with a sponge... still nothing. Very disappointing.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I really like this shadow. I am not one to shy away from glitter; as a matter of fact, I like to embrace glitter on a daily basis. Night Star is a lovely champagne-ivory shade with very fine golden sparkles. To me, it's an awesome neutral-plus. It's good for a very simple eye with a little extra pop. I like to wear this all over the lid and up just past the crease with liner for a great subtle, fun eye. All the NARS shadows I've tried last very well over primer and have great smoothness.

on 11/30/2010 3:59:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

My initial impression of this is that I'm glad I swapped for it and didn't pay $22 for it. So, I have used this for two days. The first day, I applied it over my ELF primer (which is amazing, BTW...see my review!). It hardly even showed up. I was sooooooo disappointed, especially after reading all the reviews on here that it is an every day staple for a lot of people. The next day, I applied it over UDPP and the color showed up. It is just a peachy skin tone. Not much of the glitter stayed with the pigment so it ended up being kind of matte. I guess I'm going to have to use UDPP with this shadow, which is unfortunate because the only other shadows that did not perform well with the ELF primer are cheap drugstore brands. All my mid to high end stuff works fine with the ELF to the point that I can't tell whether I have on that or the UDPP. I hope all NARS shadows aren't like this (this is the first one I've tried). So, over all, I would not buy this again, and I might even put it up for swap. Even though I like good neutrals for highlighting and all over color, I don't like poor quality....and this seems kind of poor quality, especially for the steep price tag.

on 2/13/2009 5:39:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is a vanilla / beige-ish color with gold flecks / shimmer. Its a very nice color in the pan, it doesn't show up so well on the lids. I use it sometimes, but its just kind of blah. I agree with other posters, for what this cost, it should show up. I guess it depends on what you want. If you want something really light, that you can't really see, this is for you. The packaging of these e/s are nice, there is a little mirror in them, but the color is not a repurchase.

on 9/20/2006 11:46:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I love this shadow. The peach barely shows up, which is great-- I just want the sparkles, which I feel illuminate my eyes. It goes on so nicely with a broad shadow brush. I don't know why people complain about this shadow, it's a great day color. I would happily purchase it again.

on 12/9/2004 1:24:00 PM

I fall into the same camp with most of the other reviewers. I fell in love with this shade on my finger and hand, but it merely looked a little shimmery when I put it on my eyelids. GREAT nude color, but I don't wear eyeshadow so my eyelids look slightly more nude colored than they look naked--I wanted some seriously beautiful sparkly neutral OOMPH, and this left me dissapointed and out $20! There are a million and one better options out there. I am taking it back today, and will hesitate to stray from my beloved Urban Decay again. Damn, and I usually love NARS.

on 8/1/2003 12:44:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Very pretty peach w/gold glitter. It would be great to use as a brow highlighter or an allover wash.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I cannot believe that i didn't buy this before. I mean this is sooo pretty, it's so golden and peachy the perfect eyeshadow for me. the sparkles are soo pretty and it looks amazing when it's paried with a bronze eyeshadow.