NARS Cosmetics Night Star

Filtered by hair type : Straight
NARS Cosmetics Night Star

2.8

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

It looks so pretty in the pan, but alas, it's really nothing special. I always ended up with the micro-sparkles all over and had to mop up with a cotton ball and make up remover (and then still had a sparkle or two somewhere on my face). It's totally over priced at $25 (or more?).

However, I found a great, affordable alternative that gives the Night Star look I was hoping for: check out Sephora's jumbo eye pencil in beige (#502) and pass on NARS Night Star.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Looks really nice on a pan. But that is about it. Worst Nars eyeshadow I have tried. Yellow/golden microglitter doesnt show at all. Not suitable for 'night'-look, more like summer/daytime eyeshadow. For best results try with primer and gunmetal grey.

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I love the overall shadow (including the glitter that doesn't show up)--but the part that I really didn't care for was I feel that this eye shadow is chalky, dry, and breaks up easily. I huge chunk of this eye shadow broke off hours after buying it. I am not sure why..no harm was done to the eye shadow. The quality is on the fair/poor side. I really love the peachy/golden shadow but I think that NARS eye shadows are more about the "hype" than the quality. I really love NARS blush..so lush and pigmented. I was just hoping that NARS Night Star was going to be more pigmented and make my eyes look pretty. This eye shadow isn't worth it.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

This eyeshadow is supposed to be very sparkly however, no matter how you apply it, the eye shadow does not appear glittery on the eye. Well you can hardly see the colour on your eyes let alone the glitter in it. You get a lot of fallout from this eyeshadow and the glitter from the shadow ends up all over your face. I use a primer and and eye base and even that does not help.
I have tried different brushes and even tried to apply with my fingers but nothing works.
I would not buy this eye shadow again. I bought two other sparkly colours at the same time I bought this which I totally regret as they do the same as this shadow. I dont think I would buy a Nars eyeshadow again.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is the first eyeshadow that I have EVER hit the pan with. I use it every single day and it gives the right amount of sheen pretty gold sparkles that I can't live without this. It's very light, but come on- it's a gold/light eyeshadow- it's not going to have much layering power. It's a great color to always have in your bag for those inner corners, and brow bones! LOVE IT!

on 10/3/2009 5:14:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I really like this eyeshadow. It is very natural but you can see it as it brightens the eye area and it has some sparkles in it. When im in a hurry or that im going natural that day i apply that.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Not my favourite, but it's nice. I originally bought it because yea, it looks gorgeous (and...because I'm addicted to NARS) It looks and swatches a pale peach pink colour, but on the lid only really the sparkles show with a bit of peach(but you really have to search for it). They're very nice sparkles though not Urban Decay-esque. but sophisticated as much as a sparkly eyeshadow can be. Not something I wear on a daily basis because I'm more of a matte/cream/satin kind-of-girl, but it's nice and definitely something someone looking for sparkles would like.

I really like Night Star; it is the perfect final touch over another eyeshadow. I agree with others that this is not ideal for use alone, especially given its tendency to disappear! I use it lightly during the day and put on several coats at night for a shimmery, romantic effect.

on 3/10/2007 4:50:00 PM

This is a pale creamy ivory color with lots of very fine, gold sparkles. They are not fine enough to make this sheen-y, but twinkly and obvious and fun. I think I like this the best out of all the "Night" colors (I've tried Night Porter, Night Breed and Night Flight) since it's not a dull blackish gray on me like the dark colors are, but an actual color that's flattering and eye-brightening.

The texture also seems to be a bit better--not as hard and chalky as the others can be, but it's still too powdery and not creamy enough for my taste. But it is much smoother and easier to apply and blend than the others. Love the sexy NARS packaging of course. I'm not sure if I'd repurchase as this is too sparkly for me to wear during a normal workday, but it's great to have around for nights out and the sheerness makes it versatile, since you can add it on top of any other shadow to add some life.
continued >>

on 7/5/2005 9:17:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Other, Warm

My first Nars e/s. Pretty in the pan, really sparkly, but very little pigment! I will not repurchase!