NARS Cosmetics Night Star

3.7

on 4/20/2012 6:49:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I LOVE this eyeshadow! Very flattering on olive skin, I use MAC paint pot in Nubile before I apply and its beautiful for either a brow bone shadow or all over lid shadow. Only complaint is the glitter fall out which I pick up after application with dome tape but other than that its my daily HG shadow!

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

This is my HG every day eyeshadow and im surprised at how quickly im getting to the pan, then again i wear it every single day. I have very olive skin, i dont wear mac but i believe im an nc40 and i wear this every day as an all over lid colour, sometimes mixed with mac's Orb eyeshadow to give it more of an opaque look with mac's cork in the crease. I also use this to blend out smokey eye looks when using navy, purples, browns and other warm toned eyeshadows. I will continue to buy this as it is my fav eyeshadow!

I am not an eyeshadow girl. I like wearing very dark and dramatic lipstick so my eyeshadow is usually very natural looking or I just go all natural and not wear any at all. This is the dream eyeshadow I have been searching for. It is the perfect creamy color that matches my skin tone. It looks so natural and it wakes up my eyes. It is virtually undetectable but you see the difference it makes while you are applying it. It had these specks of glitter which also help in waking my eyes up. I love how clean and polished this makes my eyes look. I can completely imagine myself hitting pan with this eyeshadow. I have been using it for 1 month and I haven't looked back once. This color is also a great highlighter. It really was worth my money.

on 6/6/2008 11:52:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

this color looks so pretty in the pan, but when applied it doesnt even look like you're wearing anything. if the shadow was not so chalky and had more pigment, this shadow would be outstanding. this was definitely a waste of money. i had the exact same problem with nars night fairy.

As a product: This is definitely one of NARS' chalky shadows (I find that most of their light or pastel shades are). It is not as soft as other. Many complain about the "night series" shadows being either unpigmented or redundant; I have to agree with this particular shade. For $21, I prefer the color to be more rich and long-lasting, although I am a sucker for the signature black casing.

As a color: Night Star is a basic neutral beige with gold glitter pieces. While it is very blendable, the application process often whisks away the sparkles that make this shade so appealing in the pan, leaving your eye with a somewhat chalky beige. When applied wet, it is a much more brilliant shade, although when the water (or your mixing medium of choice) evaporates, it still leaves you with a sheer chalky mess :(

As a whole: Only when applied wet does this have promise, however, there are many other better shimmery beige shadows in the vast cosmetic world that there are better (guaranteed!)

Complementary products: If you can manage to wring some color from Night Star, it looks lovely with a shimmery peach shade on the outer half of the eye (i.e. MAC paradisco or NARS Faith) and a brown liner (i.e. Clinique Chocolate Luster). A shimmery pink blush (i.e. NARS orgasm) and a bright pink gloss (i.e. Clinique Cosmic Pink or MAC Lychee Luxe) finish off the look.

on 1/28/2008 12:17:00 AM

As with others, I had high expectations for this. Night Star is a sheer pale peachy porcelain colour with flecks of gold glitter in it. Unfortunately, it is too sheer for my liking. Just a little bit more pigmentation would have been great. And I wish the gold flecks could have been formulated to stick a bit better to the eyeshadow powder.

I tend to use it to highlight my browbone, which is quite nice. But I have to use quite a bit to get any sort of effect, and as a result, end up with too many glittery flecks all over the place. So I find that applying it wet makes it a bit more easier, as Nars eyeshadows can be applied wet.

Overall, a bit disappointed with this - mainly due to it's lack of pigmentation which is completely the opposite of other Nars eyeshadows I have used. I'll continue to use it as a brow highlighter & hopefull work out some other way of getting the glitter to stay in place!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

I love this eyeshadow! I wanted it for two years before I finally got my hands on one (and it was the last one in the store)! I am PPP, green eyes and this color goes on so naturally, even without an eyeshadow base (although it works well with it too) or concealer. It looks just like my eyes, but better and with glitter. I wear it to work and get compliments on it all the time. I have had no problems with glitter on my cheeks or creasing whatsoever. Products like this are why I love Nars. I pair it with the oft-maligned LORAC paparazzi pencil (which works great on me) as eyeliner and just a light coat of mascara for a day look. This looks really natural on me with a light shimmer. In fact it is so natural I can wear it on no makeup days...how many nars products can one wear on no makeup days? The glitter is there but it is understated and chic. Another blush that compliments it well is Guerlain rose "pluie d'or" nį255. One thing I like about this eyeshadow is that I can wear it with warm and cool colors, it does not clash with any of my lipsticks or glosses and doesn't look too shiny when I have bronzer on (you know how people look weird if they have bronzer and shiny eyeshadow). This is a good day shadow for me and I am a natural makeup kind of girl. I know, I am the only person who can find "natural" at MAC and Nars but somehow I do...

on 7/11/2006 7:35:00 AM

buied this one tried it only used my finger or fingers to apply it on my eyelids and maybe around my eyes or under my "under" eyecils,lids don't know anymore it's very beautiful, outstanding colour, looks very beautiful suits me very much

on 8/10/2005 11:03:00 AM

I donít know quite what to think about this eye shadow is all about. Itís a faint peach color infused with tiny gold sparkles (not quite chunky enough to be considered glitter). Being the peach is actually a sheer matte that doesnít show up at all on my NC35 skin. I think the powder itself actually doesnít adhere well to my skin, despite me using a base. I suppose this is the ultimate natural eyeshadow color for me, ha ha. I usually just use it in conjunction with my other NARS eyeshadows to help blend them down or give them a dusting of light sparkle. Too bad the sparkle doesnít really last that long. Fortunately I acquired this in a swap, but I will not be re-buying it should I ever run out.

on 7/3/2005 5:49:00 PM

This is a gorgeous sheer light peach with golden sparkles. When on it is subtle, but sexy subtle. It brings out my blue eyes, & I've received many compliments on it.