NARS Cosmetics Night Star

Filtered by skin type : Sensitive
NARS Cosmetics Night Star

3.0

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I love the overall shadow (including the glitter that doesn't show up)--but the part that I really didn't care for was I feel that this eye shadow is chalky, dry, and breaks up easily. I huge chunk of this eye shadow broke off hours after buying it. I am not sure why..no harm was done to the eye shadow. The quality is on the fair/poor side. I really love the peachy/golden shadow but I think that NARS eye shadows are more about the "hype" than the quality. I really love NARS blush..so lush and pigmented. I was just hoping that NARS Night Star was going to be more pigmented and make my eyes look pretty. This eye shadow isn't worth it.

on 2/20/2009 3:03:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

i love it! although i wouldnt buy it, night star is perfect as just an overall lid eyeshadow as it doesnt show up very well. but this is good if you want to create some sparkle to your eyes.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I usually love my NARS shadows. Really I do. But I completely regret the $25 I spent on Night Star because frankly, it doesn't show up on my MAC NC 30/35 skin. At all. In the pan it looked like a gorgeous shimmery light beige that would create a polished but not glitzy look - Night star pretty much creates no look period. It's pigment level is really really low and any shimmer in the pan is undetectable on your skin. Pretty much any color in the pan is undetectable on your skin. To make things worse, it crumbled horribly in the pan after a while. I would have expected this from a $5 drugstore eyeshadow, not an eyeshadow from NARS. BIG dissapointment.

For all of the girls out there who have Night Star sitting at the bottom of their make-up drawer, NARS Voyage single may be a reason to bring Night Star up to the light of day.

Night Star in the package has more OOPMH than Night Star on your face. For me it was an impulse buy that didn't pan out. Because it was far too subtle, I had no real use for it in my normal make-up routine.

Things changed this week when I bought Voyage. I needed Voyage as a neutral that I can wear to work for a "barely there" effect. The light tan with subtle gold flecks swept over my lids was perfect. Then I remembered Night Star. I dug it out from the recesses of my make-up cabinet. When I used it along the brow bone and in the corners of my eyes, it made Voyage even better!

I am not suggesting that people go out and purchase a product just to be able to use Night Star. However, if you need a lovely neutral and happen to already own Night Star, the combination of Voyage/Night Star looks polished and professional.

on 8/10/2006 4:48:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

After wanting this for years, I was lucky enough to get it in a swap. How could anyone not like this lovely e/s? It doesn't show up as a strong color, but it's a lovely neutral vanilla-golden beige nude with judicious gold sparkles that creates an elegant, polished, super-finished look. At first I thought the sparkles might be too much, but now I see what they're there for--they just add a little twinkle and shimmer to the lid. It's a really great e/s and will become a staple for me.

on 11/13/2004 8:08:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I totally agree with MsiLLneSs' post. I reeeeeally wanted to love this shadow because it has such pretty gold glitter in it. However, as much as I could see it on my hand, on my eyes I saw nothing...nothing. What's even more annoying is that the glitter gets in your eyes so it shines in the light. Too bad.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

An exquisite, shimmery peach. I wear it the way Francois Nars shows in "Makeup Your Mind", with a white highlighter and and brown liquid liner. Always looks great on me (I'm a fairskinned blonde).