NARS Cosmetics Night Star

Filtered by skin type : Oily
NARS Cosmetics Night Star

3.3

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Perfect shimmery flesh color! Night Star is the perfect color to go as a compliment to any other eyeshadow. It is a fleshy color with gold sparkles (NARS website describes the sparkles as "gold pearls"). Very neutral and the gold sparkles really are like teeny-tiny golden pearls twinkling around your eyes. The sparkles are conservative and are NOT over-the-top at all. They just go on as a light dusting of glimmer. Really lights up the eyes. I love Night Star paired with NARS Fuji (medium-deep green color) .... beautiful smoky eye look! Absolutely 5 lippies! :) ____UPDATE_____(8-27-06) Still loving this eyeshadow! This has become my HG of eyeshadows! I wear this alone a lot, and I also wear it OVER all of my other eyeshadow colors because I *LOVE* the tiny, shimmery golden pearls in it! I literally wear Night Star every single day, whether alone or over other eyeshadows. I love the way it just lights up my eyes! Instantly wakes up your whole entire face! Love, love, love! HG! _____UPDATE_#2___(3-9-07) Still loving Night Star! This has become my HG eyeshadow. I use this literally every single day. I cannot imagine what I'd do without it. It creates a perfect neutral nude eye look which is conservative and great for allowing my lips and cheeks to flaunt brighter colors, yet it also has that awesome golden pearly sparkle thing going on which just *lights up* my eyes. It's like a conservative "nude" eye that really isn't! That old wolf in sheep's clothing. It's a unique cross between wild sparkly night clubbing eyes and conservative soccer-mom country club eyes. It'll leave them guessing which one you are! LOL! And I'm not telling! Best, most versatile eyeshadow ever created IMHO. :)

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Meh. Thats my overall feeling about this shadow.

It looks so pretty in the pan, but on my skin it looks slightly yellowish, but thats it. It barely shows up at all. Nonsense.

Save your money!

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

This is my HG every day eyeshadow and im surprised at how quickly im getting to the pan, then again i wear it every single day. I have very olive skin, i dont wear mac but i believe im an nc40 and i wear this every day as an all over lid colour, sometimes mixed with mac's Orb eyeshadow to give it more of an opaque look with mac's cork in the crease. I also use this to blend out smokey eye looks when using navy, purples, browns and other warm toned eyeshadows. I will continue to buy this as it is my fav eyeshadow!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

For an expensive price tag NARS eyeshadows are definitely NOT WORTH IT!!!!! The colors don't show up very well on the skin, and it's very difficult to apply and pack on the color...Not good for blending...it's not even good as a base color. Spend your money on a better shadow

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

A pretty peachy color with silver shimmer.

This looks AWESOME on your finger or hand... but on the eyes... it's almost non existant! Not cool.

THe texture is nice, what is there stays put (i love the formula of NARS e/s) and Im sure this color would be great with a black e/l and red l/s. But regardless, I was looking for more color out of this guy.

I wouldn't buy this again
continued >>

on 7/15/2004 1:16:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I love this eyeshadow, it was the first NARS shadow I ever bought and it will definitely not be the last! The color is great for any skin tone, and the shimmer in it is just perfect, not too much or too little.

on 9/30/2003 3:45:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is perfect for what I purchased it for - an overall powder glitter. I use it on my eyes for a "glitter wash"; I use my blush brush and sweep it over my cheeks for more glitter at night; I've even used my powder brush to apply this on my collar bone. It's the most beautiful micro-glitter. I sometimes use this on the weekend when I don't want much make-up, but still want it interesting. If you want it for the color in the pan, forget it. The peachy color does not show up at all. However, I knew that when I purchased it and I love it.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

This looked like a shimmery champagne in the compact. But once I applied it, it ended up looking like a slight gold glimmer. The glimmer eventually migrated all over my eye area & down to my cheeks.