NARS Night Star

NARS Night Star

3.2

on 10/3/2009 5:14:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I really like this eyeshadow. It is very natural but you can see it as it brightens the eye area and it has some sparkles in it. When im in a hurry or that im going natural that day i apply that.

As a product: This is definitely one of NARS' chalky shadows (I find that most of their light or pastel shades are). It is not as soft as other. Many complain about the "night series" shadows being either unpigmented or redundant; I have to agree with this particular shade. For $21, I prefer the color to be more rich and long-lasting, although I am a sucker for the signature black casing.

As a color: Night Star is a basic neutral beige with gold glitter pieces. While it is very blendable, the application process often whisks away the sparkles that make this shade so appealing in the pan, leaving your eye with a somewhat chalky beige. When applied wet, it is a much more brilliant shade, although when the water (or your mixing medium of choice) evaporates, it still leaves you with a sheer chalky mess :(

As a whole: Only when applied wet does this have promise, however, there are many other better shimmery beige shadows in the vast cosmetic world that there are better (guaranteed!)

Complementary products: If you can manage to wring some color from Night Star, it looks lovely with a shimmery peach shade on the outer half of the eye (i.e. MAC paradisco or NARS Faith) and a brown liner (i.e. Clinique Chocolate Luster). A shimmery pink blush (i.e. NARS orgasm) and a bright pink gloss (i.e. Clinique Cosmic Pink or MAC Lychee Luxe) finish off the look.

on 6/24/2005 12:41:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

In the pan this has tons of little sparkles & it looks so pretty. The minute I put it on me eyelid I saw NOTHING. It has a nice texture but no pigment. Would not buy again.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I cannot believe that i didn't buy this before. I mean this is sooo pretty, it's so golden and peachy the perfect eyeshadow for me. the sparkles are soo pretty and it looks amazing when it's paried with a bronze eyeshadow.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I love this shimmery, peachy color on me and I love the nice rubber compact with the mirror. My complaint is that these crease like mad on me unless I use some kind of base. Small price to pay for a great color.

on 11/5/2001 12:13:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I was thrilled to receive this in a swap!

This is a gorgeous sparkly (but not overpowering) peachy champagne color that is just gorgeous! Unfortunately, it doesn't last very long on my eyes. This was my first experience with NARS, and I was kind of sad when it cracked in my makeup bag!

I still use this eyeshadow and I love it to death.

Top Rated Eye Shadow