NARS Cosmetics Night Star

NARS Cosmetics Night Star

3.1

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Not my favourite, but it's nice. I originally bought it because yea, it looks gorgeous (and...because I'm addicted to NARS) It looks and swatches a pale peach pink colour, but on the lid only really the sparkles show with a bit of peach(but you really have to search for it). They're very nice sparkles though not Urban Decay-esque. but sophisticated as much as a sparkly eyeshadow can be. Not something I wear on a daily basis because I'm more of a matte/cream/satin kind-of-girl, but it's nice and definitely something someone looking for sparkles would like.

on 6/6/2008 11:52:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

this color looks so pretty in the pan, but when applied it doesnt even look like you're wearing anything. if the shadow was not so chalky and had more pigment, this shadow would be outstanding. this was definitely a waste of money. i had the exact same problem with nars night fairy.

on 8/15/2006 5:29:00 AM

I bought this because, like other reviewers, I fell in love with this in its pan. It did show up on my very pale skin, a beautiful champagne colour.
It makes me look so much healthier and more alert and goes nicely with pretty much every lip colour I'd use in a week, which means it can become part of my 'I want to look ok but dont have several hours to put a load of makeup on' look.
The packaging's pretty cute too, the rubber means that its very easy for me to keep clean.
Update: years later and I still have the original one I purchased, and I love it. Versatile, subtle and evidently long lasting. Fab!

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

So much prettier in the pan than it is applied. It's a sheer peach with teeeeny tiny gold sparkles which I though would be perfect because the bigger glitter just doesn't work for me anymore. When I put it on though, it just looked like super light sheer peach with no shimmer or sparkle. I tried layering it over MAC stilife paint as a base, but then it turned to orangey to work for my skin tone. I bought a Sephora brand shadow years ago for like, $6 that was very similar to this, and better too.

on 8/1/2003 12:44:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Very pretty peach w/gold glitter. It would be great to use as a brow highlighter or an allover wash.

on 1/29/2003 1:50:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This looks so pretty off, it's a shimmery beige/champagne shade. I was sooo excited to swap for this and try it out. I ended up being disappointed. It applied sheerly and chalky and any color that did manage to show up creased off soon after I applied it. For how much money this costs I was expecting to see far better results. I wouldn't run out and buy this one.

on 7/16/2002 10:31:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is a pretty shimmery neutral peachy color with some shimmer. It has a bit more pigment than Night Fairy, but it is so expensive and tends to crease on my lids, even with my FYE underneath. I would not repurchase this.

on 12/5/2001 10:47:00 PM

Wow! This has got to be the most gorgeous eyeshadows I have ever seen! I bought Shelaq to wear with this shadow and I havent had any problems with the glitter falling. I also love the NARS packaging. Major rave :)