NARS Night Star

Filtered by skin type : Very Dry
NARS Night Star

3.3

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

I love this eyeshadow! I wanted it for two years before I finally got my hands on one (and it was the last one in the store)! I am PPP, green eyes and this color goes on so naturally, even without an eyeshadow base (although it works well with it too) or concealer. It looks just like my eyes, but better and with glitter. I wear it to work and get compliments on it all the time. I have had no problems with glitter on my cheeks or creasing whatsoever. Products like this are why I love Nars. I pair it with the oft-maligned LORAC paparazzi pencil (which works great on me) as eyeliner and just a light coat of mascara for a day look. This looks really natural on me with a light shimmer. In fact it is so natural I can wear it on no makeup days...how many nars products can one wear on no makeup days? The glitter is there but it is understated and chic. Another blush that compliments it well is Guerlain rose "pluie d'or" n255. One thing I like about this eyeshadow is that I can wear it with warm and cool colors, it does not clash with any of my lipsticks or glosses and doesn't look too shiny when I have bronzer on (you know how people look weird if they have bronzer and shiny eyeshadow). This is a good day shadow for me and I am a natural makeup kind of girl. I know, I am the only person who can find "natural" at MAC and Nars but somehow I do...

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I beliebe this eyeshadow cost me about 14.00. It is a preyy little package complete with a mirror and a sparkley eyeshadow.
It is a pretty glittery golden beige eye colour that looks original. This shadow has been on my wish list for about 5 years only its hard to cross in the UK.what a dissapointment!
This has little staying power and I certainly do not have oily lids, heaven forbid if you do as this colour will last about 5 minutes.

It looks a bit orange on the eyelids and certianly not as glittery once on the llids. This has to be brushed on eyelids with foundaion or an eye base so that this can stay on. It lasts for about 30 minutes but that i ncludeds fading time.

It has very little glitter and is very fine when applied which is very dissapointing.

Nars have let me down and if it were nott for the look of the shadow I would not have bought. I will never purchase an eyeshadow from them agai. Sick to good ole chanel there eyesahdows are like no toher....

on 3/18/2006 2:50:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

This is a champagne light peach color in the container, but on my eyes it was a sheer light beige with sparkles.