NARS Night Star

Filtered by skin type : Other
NARS Night Star

3.1

This is a beautiful shadow that I use as a highlight color.

Gorgeous with the pieces of glitter in it. LOVE.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I like the peachy sparkly colour this eye shadow gives. But for the amount of money this eyeshadow costs, I'm sure I could have gotten one that was similar somewhere else. It doesn't show up very much (due to the nature of the colour, not NARS or the eyeshadow's fault), so that's why I wouldn't buy this again for that price. But if I got this for free, I would love it! The sparkles are awesome and look sooo great under the lights in the department store.

At first, this was my HG eyeshadow. A beautiful vanilla nude peach shade with sparkles that really brightened eyes but was still a nude makeup look. However, I had to use water, and put a lot of this on to get it to show up, and the lasting power sucked. Just got Urban Decay's midnight cowgirl....wow! Same shade (or close) same shimmer, LONG lasting power. Enough said.

on 12/25/2004 2:05:00 PM

I personally love this shadow. In the pan it is stunning. A bewitching peach with loads of sparkles. On the eye it is subtle and only gives a hint of shimmer. I see why so many previous reviewers would be disappointed in this product. On the back of the hand the color is just amazing and beautiful. On the eye it loses that oomph! However it is such a pretty peach color that works well as a highlighter or as a wash over the eye. This is the first Nars shadow that I will use up. I highly recommend trying this on the eye than testing on the hand. Trust these reviews. Do not purchase based on the back of the hand test. You will be disappointed.

on 9/1/2004 11:10:00 PM

This and Laura Mercier's Twinkle are my two workhorse brow highlighting shades. They're nude with a bit of sparkle. I didn't buy this expecting a lot of pigment, and that's good, because it's virtually nonexistent. Really gives my eyes a finished, polished look, though.

on 2/25/2004 10:38:00 AM

Way too sheer ...okay as a base eyeshadow, but nothing different or exciting about it. Quite boring ...mac neutral eyeshadows much nicer...

on 1/27/2004 10:22:00 PM

Again (see my review on Bellissima) no pigment. I prefer sheer - don't get me wrong but this was like the emperor's new clothes sheer. except the glitter which got all over everything. (sigh) so i am still on the hunt for the perfect sheer peach to make my baby blues shine. let me know if you find one.

on 9/18/2003 12:35:00 AM

I like this when I don't want to look like I'm wearing anything, but still like to sparkle. I find it difficult to see when applying, unless I'm under very bright light, which catches the sparkles.I generally don't find NARS e/s have the best texture, which is a shame as some of the colours are very nice, but Night Star is still a good one.

on 1/9/2003 2:17:00 PM

I did not like this product. It looks super nice in the package but once you apply it it's very sheer and the glitter goes all over your face and eyes... I did not like it at all

on 6/27/2002 8:19:00 AM

Pretty color but was fairly sheer when applied the glitter in this also made a mess all around my eyes, on my lashes and on my face.