NARS Cosmetics Night Star

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
NARS Cosmetics Night Star

3.7

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

It looks so pretty in the pan, but alas, it's really nothing special. I always ended up with the micro-sparkles all over and had to mop up with a cotton ball and make up remover (and then still had a sparkle or two somewhere on my face). It's totally over priced at $25 (or more?).

However, I found a great, affordable alternative that gives the Night Star look I was hoping for: check out Sephora's jumbo eye pencil in beige (#502) and pass on NARS Night Star.

I first tried this shadow in the NARS 9941 palette and I loved it used it almost everyday until it was gone I was going to buy the single shadow but it slowly went down on my shopping list and over time was forgotten when I got the chance to get the single in a swap I took it and I am so happy to have this color again and even more happy not to have to have paid the $24.00 price tag that comes along with it. Would I buy this should I run out again hell yeah.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Looks really nice on a pan. But that is about it. Worst Nars eyeshadow I have tried. Yellow/golden microglitter doesnt show at all. Not suitable for 'night'-look, more like summer/daytime eyeshadow. For best results try with primer and gunmetal grey.

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I love the overall shadow (including the glitter that doesn't show up)--but the part that I really didn't care for was I feel that this eye shadow is chalky, dry, and breaks up easily. I huge chunk of this eye shadow broke off hours after buying it. I am not sure why..no harm was done to the eye shadow. The quality is on the fair/poor side. I really love the peachy/golden shadow but I think that NARS eye shadows are more about the "hype" than the quality. I really love NARS blush..so lush and pigmented. I was just hoping that NARS Night Star was going to be more pigmented and make my eyes look pretty. This eye shadow isn't worth it.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I really like this shadow. I am not one to shy away from glitter; as a matter of fact, I like to embrace glitter on a daily basis. Night Star is a lovely champagne-ivory shade with very fine golden sparkles. To me, it's an awesome neutral-plus. It's good for a very simple eye with a little extra pop. I like to wear this all over the lid and up just past the crease with liner for a great subtle, fun eye. All the NARS shadows I've tried last very well over primer and have great smoothness.

on 1/15/2010 5:09:00 PM

I really love this eyeshadow, it is one of the very few I have hit pan on and I will definately repurchase when I finish it. This is a pretty peachy apricot with gold sparkles in it, it doesn't seem very pigmented it bathes your eye in warmth and brightness without being bling.
I was bought this as a gift and for quite a while I just wore it as a wash every day over my entire lid and then added to it in the evening if I was going out. I now often wear it over Benefits Creaseless Cream in Slippin' and Dippin' as they compliment each other really well and it makes a fabulous base for warmer brown or gold looks.
I don't get any fallout with this and I don't find the glitter falls during the course of the day either - as mentioned before I'll often apply over a cream base or UDPP now, but I used to wear this alone and it had great staying power then too.
I like frosted and glittery shadows, I have deep set eyes and it helps to bring them out, also they suit my fair/cool colouring, but even if you are weary of all things glittery I still think this is worth a try.

I am not an eyeshadow girl. I like wearing very dark and dramatic lipstick so my eyeshadow is usually very natural looking or I just go all natural and not wear any at all. This is the dream eyeshadow I have been searching for. It is the perfect creamy color that matches my skin tone. It looks so natural and it wakes up my eyes. It is virtually undetectable but you see the difference it makes while you are applying it. It had these specks of glitter which also help in waking my eyes up. I love how clean and polished this makes my eyes look. I can completely imagine myself hitting pan with this eyeshadow. I have been using it for 1 month and I haven't looked back once. This color is also a great highlighter. It really was worth my money.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Not my favourite, but it's nice. I originally bought it because yea, it looks gorgeous (and...because I'm addicted to NARS) It looks and swatches a pale peach pink colour, but on the lid only really the sparkles show with a bit of peach(but you really have to search for it). They're very nice sparkles though not Urban Decay-esque. but sophisticated as much as a sparkly eyeshadow can be. Not something I wear on a daily basis because I'm more of a matte/cream/satin kind-of-girl, but it's nice and definitely something someone looking for sparkles would like.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Meh. Thats my overall feeling about this shadow.

It looks so pretty in the pan, but on my skin it looks slightly yellowish, but thats it. It barely shows up at all. Nonsense.

Save your money!

on 11/23/2008 2:43:00 PM

This shadow isn't very pigmented, and it looks soooo very pretty in the container too. Its still a lovely shade though, and it makes your eyes sparkly and one color. Still love it, I just don't think I'd use it all up.