NARS Cosmetics Night Star

Filtered by skin tone : Other
NARS Cosmetics Night Star

3.3

This is a beautiful shadow that I use as a highlight color.

Gorgeous with the pieces of glitter in it. LOVE.

on 11/22/2007 4:49:00 AM

This is a staple for me; I use it on the browbone as a highlighter. This neutral is something I reach for when the look I'm trying for is a bit glamorous or dramatic, due to the glitter factor. Simple and lovely.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

So much prettier in the pan than it is applied. It's a sheer peach with teeeeny tiny gold sparkles which I though would be perfect because the bigger glitter just doesn't work for me anymore. When I put it on though, it just looked like super light sheer peach with no shimmer or sparkle. I tried layering it over MAC stilife paint as a base, but then it turned to orangey to work for my skin tone. I bought a Sephora brand shadow years ago for like, $6 that was very similar to this, and better too.

on 9/13/2005 3:35:00 PM

beautiful gold sparkles. but like many other reviews say here, it doesn't show up as much as you'd expect. the best thing about this shadow is its packagaing! it's so cute that i wanna carry it everywhere with me (and show off) :) i love shimmers and sparkles so i'll probably use this up by applying it all around my eyes everyday (and on high cheeks), but i won't purchase it again.

on 7/5/2005 9:17:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Other, Warm

My first Nars e/s. Pretty in the pan, really sparkly, but very little pigment! I will not repurchase!

on 7/3/2005 5:49:00 PM

This is a gorgeous sheer light peach with golden sparkles. When on it is subtle, but sexy subtle. It brings out my blue eyes, & I've received many compliments on it.

on 1/27/2004 10:22:00 PM

Again (see my review on Bellissima) no pigment. I prefer sheer - don't get me wrong but this was like the emperor's new clothes sheer. except the glitter which got all over everything. (sigh) so i am still on the hunt for the perfect sheer peach to make my baby blues shine. let me know if you find one.

on 1/29/2003 1:50:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This looks so pretty off, it's a shimmery beige/champagne shade. I was sooo excited to swap for this and try it out. I ended up being disappointed. It applied sheerly and chalky and any color that did manage to show up creased off soon after I applied it. For how much money this costs I was expecting to see far better results. I wouldn't run out and buy this one.

on 10/16/2002 8:35:00 AM

This looks *gorgeous* in the pan.. a pretty beige/champagne with lots of micro shimmer. However, it's practically sheer on application! No matter how many layers I used, it was basically a sheer e/s with sparklies. However,the sparkles are still beautiful and the compact is the cutest.. if only the color actually showed up!

on 8/14/2002 12:15:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Other, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

The best way I can describe the color is a light beige with flecks of gold glitter. I call it "champagne for the eyes," because it's such an elegant, opulent-looking eyeshadow. I've tried to find a knock-off version, but I couldn't - nothing quite compares to this color. One caveat: I find I *must* apply an e/s base (I like MAC's Untitled paint) before applying this, otherwise Night Star vanishes rather quickly. A base not only gives it more staying power, but helps it show up a little better, as well.