NARS Cosmetics Night Star

Filtered by skin type : Combination
NARS Cosmetics Night Star

3.7

on 4/14/2011 12:25:00 AM

After reading the poor reviews here, I thought I might have to return it but have been pleasantly surprised by my results. I bought this product because I felt that the glitter in it was unique to the NARS brand and I didn't want to just purchase an eye shadow that I could find elsewhere. I accomplished this with NARS Hungry Heart Duo (another controversial product) that I can add on top of all my other blushes to give it the NARS glittery effect (not to be combined with Night Star, thatís too much sparkle!). If Iím going to fork out the dough, itís gotta be special! And I think this is so far. The gold particles in Night Star seem to be actual glitter, very high quality and sparkly as they dazzle in the light, yet it is very dispersed (not very concentrated) in the shadow, so it makes a subtle yet radiant statement. Itís NOT shimmery at all, as to not create unflattering texture or disco ball eye lids, just glow. It has been great for both day time and evening looks and goes on great over matte colors from neon high fashion colors (like the #5 Coral from MUFE) to naked/naturals for the workplace (like Cargo's essential palette) and just lightens them a tad, not really effecting the hue too much (I like the fact that it is mostly transparent). The gold flecks lasted all day over shadow and primer without any touch-ups. I was surprised! This is definitely an eye shadow to get for that extra kick to your look and a product indicative of the NARS brand. Itís not a must-have, but a great addition for those into the finer things of the material plane!

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is the first eyeshadow that I have EVER hit the pan with. I use it every single day and it gives the right amount of sheen pretty gold sparkles that I can't live without this. It's very light, but come on- it's a gold/light eyeshadow- it's not going to have much layering power. It's a great color to always have in your bag for those inner corners, and brow bones! LOVE IT!

on 1/15/2010 5:09:00 PM

I really love this eyeshadow, it is one of the very few I have hit pan on and I will definately repurchase when I finish it. This is a pretty peachy apricot with gold sparkles in it, it doesn't seem very pigmented it bathes your eye in warmth and brightness without being bling.
I was bought this as a gift and for quite a while I just wore it as a wash every day over my entire lid and then added to it in the evening if I was going out. I now often wear it over Benefits Creaseless Cream in Slippin' and Dippin' as they compliment each other really well and it makes a fabulous base for warmer brown or gold looks.
I don't get any fallout with this and I don't find the glitter falls during the course of the day either - as mentioned before I'll often apply over a cream base or UDPP now, but I used to wear this alone and it had great staying power then too.
I like frosted and glittery shadows, I have deep set eyes and it helps to bring them out, also they suit my fair/cool colouring, but even if you are weary of all things glittery I still think this is worth a try.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This is the perfect shade of natural glimmer for your eyes every day. I generally wear this eyeshadow on days I don't feel on doing an "all out" eyeshadow look which for me and my oily eyelids requires some primer underneath, and takes quite a bit of time. But if I just have 10 minutes to do my entire make up routine, it's very easy to just swipe a bit of this on my eyelids (usually I use a crease brush and put it all over up to the browbone, lightly). Then I put on some mascara, sometimes I wear eyeliner if I feel like it, and for my eyes, that's it! And suprisingly, it's this simple eyeshadow that has made people give me so many compliments - saying that my eyes "sparkle". And frankly, that alone makes this shadow worth it.
t definitely isn't pigmented though, unlike most NARS. It's very soft color, and I use it just to be a nude wash of glitter . But actually, this color is great for warmer skintones. Truly, I would buy this shadow again if I were to lose it or something, but so far I've had it for almost a year, worn it almost every day, and have barely made a dent in it.

The packaging is very good too. Classic Nars rubberized compact, complete with mirror. Definitely worth the money.

this is only one of the "night" shadows that is not a dark color and could be worn day or night. it is subtle peachy tone with an large amount of fine shimmer in it. this color works great on anyone with paler skin. in the daytime, it has a slight shimmer, just enough to make people notice how wide awake and naturally beautiful the wearer looks. in the nightime, this color could be worn by itself for a more natural look or paired with deep lipstick for a more dramatic look. the compact is the standard black with the mirror inside of it. lasting power is very good and it only creased a small bit after i had worn it the whole day. this is my favorite of the "night" shadows and maybe my favorite shadow in the whole NARS collection.

on 9/20/2006 11:46:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I love this shadow. The peach barely shows up, which is great-- I just want the sparkles, which I feel illuminate my eyes. It goes on so nicely with a broad shadow brush. I don't know why people complain about this shadow, it's a great day color. I would happily purchase it again.

on 7/11/2006 7:35:00 AM

buied this one tried it only used my finger or fingers to apply it on my eyelids and maybe around my eyes or under my "under" eyecils,lids don't know anymore it's very beautiful, outstanding colour, looks very beautiful suits me very much

on 3/24/2006 9:25:00 PM

I really love this eyeshadow. I tried it at Sephora and it was a must-have! On me, its a pale yellow with gorgeous shimmer...just fabulous. Paired with MAC Eye Kohl in Minted, this is SO freaking pretty on my blue/green/orangey eyes. Even though it is an expensive line, I LOVE NARS, second only to MAC. So its definantely worth it, plus it lasts all day. GORGEY!

on 1/21/2006 6:00:00 PM

i'm surprised at the mediocre reviews for this! i love this eyeshadow! it's a light peach with shimmer, PERFECT for the natural look i love. when i don't want to put on a lot of makeup but i want to look wide eyed and awake i use this! its a bit expensive but a lil goes a long way! and paired with UD PP it stays put all day! i can even use it to tone down other brighter eye shadows or on the inner corners of my eyes to make them pop! its AWESOME!

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

First let me say that I love Night Star! It is not meant to be worn alone but as a base or over to add the sparkle. I am a GGG/hazel eyes and I wear this often with other eyeshadows in the winter or alone and it just brightens my winter pallor and adds a subtle sparkle to my eyes. It is not really a peach to me but a sheer neutral with a lot of sparkle. I have even bought a back up!